Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Random thoughts thread
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random thoughts thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're certainly not the same person in Kingdom Hearts!

And they don't seem to be the same person in KoT, but maybe it could still work somehow. I prefer thinking of them as separate characters, though.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finally getting around to watching some blu-ray features and this Unboxing Aladdin segment may be the most annoying thing I've ever seen related to this series. Laughing I'm obviously not the audience for this, given the very introductory trivia going on, but this is horrible. Help. Laughing

Edit: Oh, okay. So this Genie 101 thing is the BEST thing ever. Thanks for the pallate cleanse, disc. Scott is ADORBLE. Also send help. Laughing I need to figure out how to make gifs of everything Scott's doing here.
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imekitty wrote:
They're certainly not the same person in Kingdom Hearts!

And they don't seem to be the same person in KoT, but maybe it could still work somehow. I prefer thinking of them as separate characters, though.

I agree imekitty. I think this article that was posted was more about the original idea of them being the same character. I prefer to have them as two separate characters, especially when KOT comes along, but then why would the peddler have Genie's lamp? Wouldn't Aladdin? Too many questions and not enough answers.

Salukfan, what's wrong with the Unboxing Aladdin? I didn't buy the rerelease (yes, I'm an idiot) so would you be able to let me know? Also, the Genie 101 is where Scott explains some of Genie's impersonations, right? I read that somewhere online, but I'm not 100% sure. Maybe some kind hearted person will put this stuff on Youtube without Disney noticing. Smile
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The issue with unboxing Aladdin is the host. It's some dude from a Disney Channel show and he's trying super hard to be hip and irrelevant and funny and it's just so bad. It's like "You guys! OMG!!!!!! Did you know!!! Sebastian!!! *holds up a Sebastian plush* is in!!!! the movie?!?!?!?!!" and makes a face like he's so shocked by the SUPER OBSCURE Sebastian cameo that's in the film.

Yeah, Genie 101 is where he explains the impression and generally acts like a ridiculous, huge dork and it's hilarious.

And to be honest, if you have the original DVD of the film, you're not missing a lot by skipping this one. The film looks great in HD, the Genie storyboards are fun, Genie 101 is hilarious, the Broadway segment is interesting and adorable (because Adam/Courtney/James are precious beings), and there's a fun Ron/John segment about their friendship. Everything else is a DVD port (unless there's something buried in the "classic bonus" part that I missed, I just skimmed). There's less than an hour of new stuff. I'd be shocked if it didn't pop up online soon enough.
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After I saw your initial message about the Unboxing Aladdin segment, I searched about online for it and found a sneak peek. I think his name is Joey and he's on that Liv and Maddie show. I know they obviously wanted a "relevant" Disney star to explain the movie, but come on! That's just ridonculous! In the short video I saw, he was talking about Carpet and its design. Good lord, his antics made me uncomfortable. "Are you wondering about the tiger design on the Carpet? Are you WONDERING?!" No, I'm not, but thanks for asking me a million times already.

NOTE TO SELF: Don't mention to this kid that the Beast also makes a cameo in the movie. His head may explode.

Aww, Scott is adorable. I can totally see him acting all giddy as he explains everything to the viewer. Now I totally want to see this, as well as Ron and John talking about their bromance. Smile

That awkward moment when you only have the movie on VHS Embarassed
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, he does mention the Beast, but he's waaaaaaay calmer about it. Laughing

Ohhh, well, if you don't own the DVD then, definitely pick up the blu-ray if you can. The DVD features are so fantastic. There's a ton of Gilbert Gottfried all over it and I may be biased, but that alone makes it fantastic, Plus great stuff on the cast and crew and I love it. Plus the two commentaries? You can't go wrong.
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a little disappointing. I would have thought he'd be freaking out over the Beast's cameo too. Maybe he isn't a fan of Beauty and the Beast.

I should definitely look into doing so. If my parents question it, I'll find a way to justify it. But if not, like you said, I could probably see these videos on Youtube in a little while too. Although my VHS obviously has no special features or anything (it does have a preview for The Lion King though and likes to make weird noises like scarab beetles whenever Jafar appears on screen sometimes), I still love it. It makes me feel so nostalgic and like a little kid for an hour and a half. Plus, I have a love hate relationship with my DVD player. My VCR is much nicer to work with, surprisingly.

Let's be honest here, Gilbert Gottfried makes everything fantastic Smile
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edward Falcon wrote:
Okay, why did my posts from this thread get removed? They didn't violate any rules or anything.

What posts? Do you remember what you said?
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salukfan wrote:
The issue with unboxing Aladdin is the host. It's some dude from a Disney Channel show and he's trying super hard to be hip and irrelevant and funny and it's just so bad. It's like "You guys! OMG!!!!!! Did you know!!! Sebastian!!! *holds up a Sebastian plush* is in!!!! the movie?!?!?!?!!" and makes a face like he's so shocked by the SUPER OBSCURE Sebastian cameo that's in the film.

This reminds me...remember when the Disney Channel stars of 2004 were going to sing A Whole New World before they had them singing Circle of Life? Laughing
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, back up...Sebastian makes a cameo in the movie? :O
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imekitty wrote:
Wait, back up...Sebastian makes a cameo in the movie? :O

I sincerely hope that you're being sarcastic. But if not, yes, Sebastian makes a cameo in the movie before Genie turns Aladdin into a prince. He's looking in the book Royal Recipes and he says "King Crab, I hate when I do that" and pulls out Sebastian as a mini riff of "Under the Sea" plays in the background.

I would upload a photo but I'm not actually sure how. The URL button doesn't seem to cooperate with me and I'm still getting used to this forum. If anyone could help me with that, it would be much appreciated. Smile
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I was indeed not being serious. You think I would be a fan for this long and not know that? Plus, as was implied, the cameo is very, very obvious.

Joke ruined...I was really hoping the emoticon would be enough and I wouldn't have to add a "jk" after it. My fault.
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, don't worry. I figured most people knew about the cameo, but I didn't want to come off as "Wow, how the heck did you not notice this?" without appearing like a total [insert curse word here]. It's sometimes difficult to translate sarcasm over text, which is why a new font called Sarcastics needs to be invented like now. Now, I look like the idiot. Just another awkward moment to add to my awkward life. Embarassed

Speaking of which, have you seen any of the Unboxing Aladdin videos? I've seen a few online and that kid is so annoying. Seriously, does he think the viewer is an idiot? "Did you know that Sebastian makes a cameo in the movie, as well as the Beast? Did you? DID YOU?" I admit, most people (adults and children) might not know that Ron and John directed both Aladdin and The Little Mermaid, but please kid, don't dumb down the audience. It's dehumanizing. Also, why on earth did they choose him of all people on Disney Channel? That's the real question I want explained.
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I try to use emoticons when I'm not being serious, especially D: or :0. I just like them more than /jk or whatever. Sometimes all caps works, too. Just depends on the joke I'm trying to make! Not that I'm particularly funny or anything.

No, I haven't gotten around to firing up my Blu-Ray and watching that segment because that would require going all the way downstairs and using my PS3, and who's got time for that?! It sounds cringe-worthy, though. I don't know why Disney would think it's a good idea since he won't be relevant forever (whoever he is), but Disney has made very strange decisions in the past.

I will say that I actually like the title redesign. I don't like it better than the original, but it's kind of pretty. I just wish that it had better cover art to go with it. Next edition, I hope, whatever it may be. I wonder what will come after the Diamond line?
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll definitely keep that in mind. I personally don't like to use jk or lol (god, I hate when people actually say lol while having a spoken conversation with someone) Also, don't sell yourself short. Everyone is funny in their own way.

Yeah, if the videos online are any indicator, I wouldn't be rushing to watch them anytime soon if I were you. It would have made more sense to have someone who worked on the actual movie to do that segment than that kid. All I hope is that children don't start thinking that he's in the movie or something. Then shots may be fired.

I'm sorta meh on the cover design. It's ok, but I was expecting something a bit different, especially for the Diamond edition. But of course, that's just me. Everyone has their own opinion. I am a little disappointed that they could have called it the Diamond in the Rough edition, but didn't.

That's a good question. Platinum edition? The edition you don't really need, but due to your obsession will buy anyway? I'm not too sure. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 41 of 42

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum