Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Random thoughts thread
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random thoughts thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I just unlocked my digital copy which I didn't know would include all of the extra features, so I was able to watch it on my laptop after all, haha. I was pretty much cringing the whole time. There was very little in that segment that was actually worthy of attention, and there is more interesting Aladdin trivia that they could've included. Like, the part in "Aladdin's Word" when the beginning of "When You Wish Upon a Star" plays comes to mind. Or stuff about other voice actors. Or the inspiration for the art style.

How could he forget the hidden Mickey on Aladdin's pants when Jafar reverts him back into his street clothes?!

And yes, he spent way too much time on Sebastian. I find it funny how he didn't mention Pinocchio's cameo at all.

And finally, I guess Disney didn't want to include Twisted which does not feature Jonathan Freeman (although he did narrate the trailer as I recall).
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the videos I saw had pretty basic trivia that anyone, even a child watching the movie for the first time, could pick out. Wow! He didn't even mention the hidden Mickeys in the movie. There's also one when Rajah turns back into an adult tiger. It's too quick if you're watching the movie regularly, but if you slow it down, you can see it.

You'd think he would mention the Pinocchio cameo because it literally happens right before Sebastian's, but either he doesn't particularly like that movie or someone was clearly like "Screw it, most kids nowadays don't even know about Pinocchio", despite its most iconic song being THE Disney song.

Did he mention where the original story of Aladdin came from? Or that Alan Menken has 8 (8!) Oscars, something he, despite being an "actor", will never see in his life? Did he mention that it is because of Howard Ashman pitching the idea that we even have that movie AT ALL?! (I'm going to take a wild guess and say no for all three, right?)

I can see why Disney wouldn't include Twisted, but yes, Jonathan Freeman did narrate the trailer. I wonder if any of the other cast knows about that play. I'd like to think that they would get a kick out of it. Smile
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He did mention a couple hidden Mickeys, just not the patch on his pants. One he did mention was three coins on the ground during the Prince Ali number which I don't know if that really counts or not. No matter how you put three coins together, they will always form a Mickey shape. :/

No, he didn't mention Alan Menken or the beginnings of the Aladdin movie. The beginnings of the movie probably would've been too complicated, to be honest. It looks like this segment is mostly for kids, especially kids who have never seen the movie (it's been over twenty years; there are many kids nowadays who haven't seen it).

Plus, you can't really talk about Howard's involvement without then talking about his death, and that story always depresses me. T.T You can get most of the story through the Making Of feature, so I guess that's enough.

By the way, I mentioned Jonathan Freeman because the segment made a big deal out of how he's been the only one to ever portray Jafar in anything, but now that I think about it, he's not in the DCA show either. I don't know what Disney's counting, haha.

I'm sure Jonathan liked Twisted since he narrated the trailer. I think Gilbert would like it, too. Scott and Linda...I don't know. They might not like what was done to their characters, especially Aladdin. It's hard for me as well to see the normally sweet, cute Aladdin portrayed that way. :b But I just have to remind myself that it's a parody...
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I was worried that he didn't mention any at all. That is weird though that he wouldn't mention the patch on Aladdin's pants. I don't recall this Prince Ali coin one (then again, most of the Mickeys can only truly be seen if you slow down the movies), but I agree. Any time three circular objects are put together, a Mickey shape, even if not done deliberately, will form.

I suppose not mentioning Howard's involvement in the film would probably be a little intense, especially for, as you said, kids watching the movie for the first time. And yes, his story and relationship with Alan Menken is so heartbreaking. :'(

I agree with you about Twisted. I feel like Gilbert Gottfried would really enjoy it, but yeah, Scott and Linda are a mystery, especially due to how their characters are portrayed. I feel like they might laugh at some points, especially those that mock other characters, but I'm not too sure. If anyone has Twitter, someone should ask them. Probably more so Scott since he seems to be on it more frequently.
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was listening to my music, and "Count on Me" came up. I would love to hear Brad sing this song.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you know, something I just thought of: had Aladdin not tricked Genie into getting them out of the cave of wonders, would he really have to like....dig his way out on Carpet while Genie stands there and then wait until they reach the surface just to save that wish? Laughing It almost forces you to use one on relocating yourself out of the cave even if it's something like "I wish to be in Paris". Either that, or you gotta use all three on the spot.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'd have to come up with a wish that both transports him and makes him a prince... like wishing he was sitting on the throne of a kingdom that he rules idk.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See, this is why they didn't have three wishes in the original Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do y'all think there was something written on the side of Genie's lamp or was Aladdin just seeing dirt that looked somewhat like a language? Laughing
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can imagine that something was actually written on it, but it was possibly written in a language that was long dead. Unfortunately we still don1t know too much about past stuff, let alone the time period before Genie was placed in the Cave of Wonders. I was also thinking about how there are multiple dimensions, such as the one where the thirdac comes from, a place that has magic the same way we have air or water. I can actually imagine that originally genies were not from the main world, but rather from a similarly magical world (would explain the whole lamp stuff, because let's face it, no human could do such thing even 10 thousands years before, let alone when Genie was possibly born). It would explain the old language plus how the lam was made, but not exactly how it got there, let alone how was Genie's lamp placed in the Cave of Wonders, which was possibly created either for the lamp or something else before.

What's your takes on it?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really thought about it - I just always assumed there was an inscription, but it's never been addressed that I know of! I think it makes sense that it would be something ancient. So question is - is it some kind of warning, Genie's name, or the brand that manufactured it Laughing

I want to know where Aladdin's light source was!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zitagirl wrote:
I can imagine that something was actually written on it, but it was possibly written in a language that was long dead. Unfortunately we still don1t know too much about past stuff, let alone the time period before Genie was placed in the Cave of Wonders. I was also thinking about how there are multiple dimensions, such as the one where the thirdac comes from, a place that has magic the same way we have air or water. I can actually imagine that originally genies were not from the main world, but rather from a similarly magical world (would explain the whole lamp stuff, because let's face it, no human could do such thing even 10 thousands years before, let alone when Genie was possibly born). It would explain the old language plus how the lam was made, but not exactly how it got there, let alone how was Genie's lamp placed in the Cave of Wonders, which was possibly created either for the lamp or something else before.

What's your takes on it?

You know, as a kid I always thought that when someone completes their three wishes that Genie goes back in to his lamp and it re-materializes in the Cave of Wonders for safe keeping until the next person finds it. But Genie has had some crappy masters that wouldn't be worthy of entering the cave let alone reaching the lamp and getting out alive if that was the case.

So maybe he got tired of awful masters and decided to make a deal with....whoever or whatever runs the Cave of Wonders, that instead of being out the lamp more and getting a mixed bag of masters that misuse him, he gets one master who is worthy every couple generations or so but stays in the lamp for a long time (since no one frees him afterwards, obviously, and he's in a highly protected cave). The catch is no one knows if they're worthy unless they go through everything Jafar did to get that information, so Genie's been sitting in there for longer than he should have. That might also explain how he and Carpet have history together unless they somehow miraculously ended up in the same cave.

I do think it's ancient writing on the lamp, but maybe it's a clue to rub it and not put legit oil in it Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
I never really thought about it - I just always assumed there was an inscription, but it's never been addressed that I know of! I think it makes sense that it would be something ancient. So question is - is it some kind of warning, Genie's name, or the brand that manufactured it Laughing

I want to know where Aladdin's light source was!

Maybe once that staircase with the bright light holding the lamp got destroyed it just illuminated the cave in a weird way after it was covered in lava and cooled.

Even in the original story, it's only mentioned Aladdin has been met with a lot of darkness for three days in the cave before the genie of the ring got him out of there, and he had to readjust his eyes once he returned to the surface.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iiiinteresting!!

I like to think that the sorcerer who took the lamp from Al Gebraic put him in the cave

... MAYBE IT WAS YEN SID
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42
Page 42 of 42

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum