Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - New Show With Gilbert Gottfried
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Show With Gilbert Gottfried
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: New Show With Gilbert Gottfried Reply with quote

(from VH1's web site) In a unique blend of gritty horror with hi-tech investigation, famous actors, musicians, athletes and comedians explore real life hauntings and hunt for ghosts to discover signs of the paranormal. We started with a haunted location, derelict and abandoned, and for this season we found some of the scariest places in the United States: a tuberculosis hospital where a patient died every hour during the height of the epidemic in the 1930's, an asylum for the criminally insane where violent psychotics left behind even more violent ghosts, an old mill plagued by the vengeful ghost of a mill worker who was mauled in one of the machines under suspicious circumstances, and a deserted 19th century prison which housed the most dangerous criminals of its time. Next we waited until nightfall and sent in a team of five celebrities to investigate the reports of paranormal activity and hunt for the ghosts haunting that location. We gave them the history of the site, the background on the ghosts, the testimonials of the sightings. We gave them the latest tools and techniques: EMF meters, laser thermometers, thermal imaging cameras, sensitive digital recorders to pick up EVP recordings (electronic voice phenomenon). We gave them handheld cameras to document themselves, each other, and their experience. Then we left them all alone. The producers and crew packed up, piled into vans and drove off, leaving only a system of surveillance cameras behind. The celebrity team had until sunrise to identify what is known in paranormal circles as the Heart of the Haunting that place where paranormal energy is most active in a location. These celebrities have dealt with the limelight, they've dealt with fans, they've dealt with photographers and reporters and everything else that goes with fame... but they've never dealt with people who have been dead long before they ever became famous. It turns out that when they're alone in the dark and the ghosts come out, celebrities are just like you and me - they scream their heads off.
PRINCIPAL CAST INFORMATION:
· David Carradine
· Gary Busey
· Gilbert Gottfried
· Rachel Hunter
· Traci Bingham

I saw Gilbert Gottfried for this and flipped out. I will watch this show ritually. My favorite comedian + a paranormal show = L-O-V-E!

I actually know some of these places from TAPS. Especially Waverly Hills Sanitorium (the one I put in bold letters). There was some extreamly good evidence they found from waverly (along with the fact ALOT of people who go there have similar experiences) and it will definatly be interesting to see if anything CP finds will coencide with TAPS evidence. Though I'm not holding my breath Laughing This one could be slightly staged but it'll still be funny as hell to watch Razz
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't usually watch the reality shows on VH1, but Gilbert was hilarious in the "I Love" series.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, well now I'm gonna have to check this out Laughing
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 1:17 pm    Post subject: Re: New Show With Gilbert Gottfried Reply with quote

Billy Joe wrote:
(from VH1's web site) In a unique blend of gritty horror with hi-tech investigation, famous actors, musicians, athletes and comedians explore real life hauntings and hunt for ghosts to discover signs of the paranormal.

I... don't know whether to laugh hysterically or groan from the absurdity.

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun I'll have to wait and see if it reaches Europe in the future.
Janette Morgan
Jafar's Hourglass

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I saw the TAPS episode with the hospital, and I think it's be interesting to see if Gilbert-tachi can come up with anything concrete on it. Heehee, celebrity-scaring. Could be a new sport.

Avatar base by Angy(-chan) at Yume Studio.
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next to the Florida Lighthouse ep I am practically in LOVE with the Sanitorium ep of TAPS
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janette Morgan wrote:
Cool. I saw the TAPS episode with the hospital, and I think it's be interesting to see if Gilbert-tachi can come up with anything concrete on it. Heehee, celebrity-scaring. Could be a new sport.

Gottfried would probably spot the bird-blood and run screaming.

Er, no, Iago would do that.

Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bird blood is prolly gone by now.
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... yeah... but Gilbert + bird = opportunity for cheap joke.

Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first ep is available to watch of the vh1 site. all I'll say is this. WHAT THE HELL! You don't friggin go off and investigate on your own. even if your being watched from a camea! Especially with a place like waverly. Other than that some good stuff so far. I'm going back and fourth between Ghost hunters and this Laughing
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I can't help but question the 'reality' of reality shows of any type after reading this article.

Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one will really know wheather or not some reality shows are staged or not. So one person came out and said it big deal. Doesn't mean it applies to every show

The first ep of CP seemed valid enough but my problem with it is that they didn't really show much evidence. All they went on was personal experiences and you cant use those as evidence.
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright folks. The episode with Gilbert Gottfried is schedualed to be on NEXT WEEK! Very Happy I jumped for joy because it looks pretty funny Laughing
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When and what channel is it on?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Miscellaneous All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum