Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - We have to talk. Now. (spam posts)
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We have to talk. Now. (spam posts)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 9:05 pm    Post subject: We have to talk. Now. (spam posts) Reply with quote

Okay, now, I finally wrote up the rules for the board about a week ago, but from what's been going on this weekend it seems that a lot of people didn't see them. So let's talk about spam posts. The following things (or posts like them) would be considered spam:

LOL!

Rolling Eyes

Laughing

Yay!

I agree!

etc., etc... Basically, not saying anything original, and probably just doing it to up your post count. And, yes, if you make a poll, you need to write something in the first post as well. It's supposed to be a discussion board.

Excessive double-posting is also considered spam. The posts have those little "edit" buttons for a reason. Hey, I understand that it happens sometimes, but if you post three things in a row in the same thread that's a little ridiculous.

I don't want to ban anyone, but this is getting really silly. So consider yourself warned. From now on I'm deleting all spam posts (and combining double posts). You'll get a warning, and if you do it too much I will start banning people.

Now, really, no one here cares about your post count. Really. And if things don't change soon, I'm just going to have to take the member ranks away for everyone. Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum