Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Mistakes Made
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mistakes Made
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess Lydia
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:47 am    Post subject: Mistakes Made Reply with quote

I thought that maybe we should make a topic about mistakes made on the movies and tv series

In Return of Jafar. When Aladdin gives the jeweled flower to Jasmine. There were already on flower in the vase. Then all the sudden there is another on in the vase. And there was supposed to be one. Also when they move again We notice there are no flowers in the vase. Shocked
Boz
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course, there's Prince Achmed's (sp?) underwear in Rajah's mouth instead of his pants.

Also in the first Aladdin movie, I don't think the Sultan's ring appears until Jafar mentions it.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROJ. That's my entry. ROJ is one BIG screw up. My favorite being Sultan's randomly disappearing eyebrows at the dinner scene.

Armored and Dangerous is the same way. Jasmine's clothes randomly change, the lock switches sizes, Sultan's eyebrows change colors...

Sa'luk's race switches in KOT every so often, and the same thing happens on the McDonalds toys, box art, posters... GAH!
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone must have been totally sleep during the dinner scene in ROJ because:
Jasmine's sleeves disappear when the scene first comes on and then comes back.
Aladdin magically has a fez on for a few frames and then it's gone
And then Sultan's eyebrows diappearing, as SalukFan mentioned.

Then there is when Aladdin first goes out into the marketplace, his collar is a 'v' shape, and goes down like it's a vest.
His straps go from circling around to the back at the top near his mid back, to going all the way to the back of his pants. *can't explain that any better*
There's more, but I can't remember them all off the top of my head. We'd be here all day, lol.

I know in the first movie, when Al says "But it's got a great view" he is still smiling. He's a ventriloquist!
And when he holds out his hand for Jasmine during the carpet ride, his sleeve is missing.
And not really a mistake, but Al has three different parts for his hair. One is just a white line that goes all the way to the back of his fez, one is you can see some of his scalp and the rest is a line, and there is one that is a line with nothing but his scalp. *nods*
And someone keeps adding an extra line to Al's face that bugs me. You can see it during AWNW when Jasmine starts to sing. There is a line on the left coming down from his eyebrow. That defines his nose and makes his forehead flat, kinda like Hercules' nose.

My least favorite screw-up in the series is In, From Hippsodeth, with love. Jasmine has these horrid black feet when she tells the sultan his date was there. They bug me EVERY time. I look straight at her feet when it comes on. *shudders*

Can't you tell I have a lot of free time?
Merkal
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is something that bugged me forever. Im AWNW. As they dive down from the clouds to Greece Jasmine sings A Whole New World her mouth is closed. [/img]
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boz wrote:
Of course, there's Prince Achmed's (sp?) underwear in Rajah's mouth instead of his pants.

Also in the first Aladdin movie, I don't think the Sultan's ring appears until Jafar mentions it.

I noticed that to. Also in the original when the parade is storming into the palace and sultan rushes to greet them, look in the back ground where jafar is.Iago is perched onto his shoulder. When jafar stops sultan from opening the door iago is gon and then reapperes when you see jafar smashed into the wall.

Take a look at iagos size in ROJ. His size changes all the time. Some times he will pretty big and other times he will be small. Shocked
Princess Amber
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the first Aladdin, did anyone notice that when Aladdin gives Jasmine the sword at the marketplace, like two seconds later it disappears? Confused
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching "To Cure a Thief" now, and there's a big logic gaff at the end with the leash randomly appearing on Abu.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It bugs the mess out of me in Eye of the Beholder that after she realized she was part snake, she goes back to being normal in Mirage's magical spy thing and in her eyes.
The same thing goes for Night of the Living Mud when she goes from her winter outfit to her normal clothing.
Princess Lydia
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In KOT if you've noticed Jasmine's wedding veil she is wearing the top of it isn't there every once in a while. Confused
Hourglass
Elemental

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Aladdin: There is a constant design disaster in Jasmine's room w/ her pillars and lights. You could tell they didn't pay attention to it much. Also with the hourglass's design.
Oh, and when Aladdin is thrown into the mud by Prince Achmed... he's muddy, and then suddenly the mud disappears.
It's bright during the "One Jump" song, and then it suddenly is evening when the palace doors slam shut.

Return of Jafar: There's way to many to even start. They didn't take their time on this movie, it's plain out series animation. A let down really if it wasn't for "FAL" song.

King of Thieves: Aladdin and Jasmine's wedding attire constantly changes... animation skips in different cells... but not nearly as bad as Return of Jafar. They took a little more time on this movie.

MEESH AND MYSTICMEG'S COMBINED STORY!!!

Just another weird lil' fanfiction obsession of mine...
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hourglass wrote:

Return of Jafar: There's way to many to even start. They didn't take their time on this movie, it's plain out series animation. A let down really if it wasn't for "FAL" song.

Probrably because Robbin Williams wasn't doing the genie so they probrably figured "ehh Robins not doing the genie so lets just do a crappy job on the movie"
Elemental

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Probrably because Robbin Williams wasn't doing the genie so they probrably figured "ehh Robins not doing the genie so lets just do a crappy job on the movie"

You know what, you're probably right. But they knew that Robin wasn't coming back even before they started ROJ. I don't know why they would use Abis Mal either... that was a big mistake. It was a let down in animation, and the plot line wasn't that good either.

I think alof the reason people like Aladdin so much is the "Aladdin and Jasmine" aspect, and they kinda let that down in the sequels. I mean, I know KOT was all about their wedding, but you still didn't get that "lovey" feeling like you did in the first movie.

Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iago wrote:
I'm pretty sure at the time it was animated they were still planning for it to be the first four episodes of the series. It's not that much worse than the animation of the majority of the episodes, but because it's a DTV it's compared with the original instead of the TV series, which I don't think is really fair. Confused
Hourglass
Elemental

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but because it's a DTV it's compared with the original instead of the TV series, which I don't think is really fair.

I think that it's very fair that they compare it to the original. It would have been a different story if it had been the first four episodes of the series... but it wasn't. It was a completely off-set movie, with a different plot line and villians from the original.

The fact of the matter is, it followed a wonderfully animated and well plotted movie. The thing is, it didn't even come close to the original in either aspects. It was a let-down for alot of people. But, they redeemed themselves with KOT... where the animation was a bit better and the plot line was fresh.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum