Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Best Episode Per Character
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Episode Per Character
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
...the Jasmine ruse (geez, a lot of villains pretend to me Jasmine at some point: Iago, Jafar, Mirage, Mozenrath....

Not to mention mamluks and Genie, but he is not a villain. You know, Jasmine goes through a lot in the series now that I think about it. She's been turned to stone, that puddy thing in "Destiny of Fire", a jewel, a rat, a snake and all those things Genie sneezed her into when he was sick. She's been killed and brought back to life. Erased in the fabic of time and brought back. Her mind has been taken over several times. Thrown off cliffs. Used to test traps. Dropped off in the middle of no where and much more. Poor girl. It's a wonder she hasn't gone crazy yet.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's princess abuse! *Calls the Agrabanian Council for Safer Princesses*
Calluna

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirage: "The Lost Ones" - Okay, so she doesn't have much screen time in this one, but hear me out! Mirage is supposed to be Evil Incarnate, right? But she normally doesn't do a great job of acting like it, with all those half-baked schemes, and giving up too easily. If she's going to intervene directly like that, why not just zap Aladdin? Razz

But in that one she actually acts like my idea of evil personified: she temps people over to the dark side and makes evil seem attractive.

Second I'd probably say is "In the Heat of the Fright": she's more into breaking people's spirits than in wanton destruction. Twisted Evil

Fasir: "Eye of the Beholder" - Sure, "Prophet Motive" tells us more about his past, but this tells more of his personality. Normally Fasir is just a source of plot exposition or a plot catalyst, and never really goes beyond his archetype; this ep shows more of his human side. (And did anyone else notice that the title probably refers more to him than to the main plot? Wink )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mirage: "The Lost Ones"

Really close second for me. I love her complete indifference on "Die, Amal. Die".

Mozenrath: "The Book of Khartoum". I prefer quite a few episodes of his over this one, but it's really nice to see him interact with Khartoum. The idea of him being manipulated by someone other than Aladdin and crew is nice, and Khartoum really bites him. The idea of Mozenrath losing all of his power at the end is a great arc for him, though I'm not sure why it never comes up again (I don't think it was the last episode aired, but I would bet it was the last canon episode- he doesn't seem to be showin any signs of the pain that bugged him in "Two to Tangle").
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
The idea of Mozenrath losing all of his power at the end is a great arc for him, though I'm not sure why it never comes up again (I don't think it was the last episode aired, but I would bet it was the last canon episode- he doesn't seem to be showin any signs of the pain that bugged him in "Two to Tangle").

I know TtT was the last Mozenrath episode to air, but I'm not sure if they're meant to go in that order. The airing order isn't always correct. (Ex: "The Flawed Couple" was the first Mechanikles episode to air, I believe.)

I personally like TtT better as a last episode for him (he ends up being brought down by his own magic), but I can see the appeal of BoK as a last episode (his power is stolen from him, as he stole it from Destane). I just wish they'd told what ended up happening to him after TtT. (Did he die? Figure out some other way to extend his life? Was recovered somewhat by spending some time in Aladdin's body?)

So here's my theory about BoK, then: we never see Mozenrath again in that episode after the philosopher's stone explodes, if i remember correctly (I need to watch it again). And remember how - um - energized Genie and Eden were afterwise? I think that after the stone exploded it returned the power to all three of them: Mozenrath back to normal, and Genie and Eden got their old power back on top of what they gained from the genie embrace, and...well, you remember my signature from the old board. Twisted Evil

I don't like to say anything in the series is non-canon if I can help it; you can usually make things work with a little bit of explanation. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we might see Mozenrath again after Genie and Eden reform, but I'm not sure, as I haven't watched the episode in quite a bit either. He probably did get his power back at some point, but a little explaination (or even showing it after Al and Company left) would have been a nice benefit. I suppose one could really argue both BoK and TtT as the final episode, though explaining how Mozenrath got the Gauntlet back from the gang could be a bit tricky...

Then again, he did get out of the Crystal of Ix, find the Gauntlet in the middle of an open desert, get out of the Black Sand "Vortex", and escape the magic trapping bolas, so Mozenrath getting the Gauntlet back (or reclaiming his power) isn't that hard to believe. Very Happy
Calluna

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling that they were trying to tie up all their loose ends, and accidentally wrote two "last episode"s for Mozenrath. Laughing
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I get the feeling that they were trying to tie up all their loose ends, and accidentally wrote two "last episode"s for Mozenrath.

Hmmm.... maybe they got their "M's" mixed up and forgot to give a last episode to Malcho. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Genie- "Some Enchanted Genie" It's funny that Sammy brought up the fact that Genie will out live everyone that he's ever been close to. That's a part of why I like this ep for Genie. It must be pretty hard to out live everyone you have ever loved or were friends with for thousands of years. With Eden in the picture, he'll have someone he can be with after everyone dies and won't be so lonely like he was before. Plus, Eden rocks! Although I don't like how they make plans for a date after Dhandi dies right there in front of her

I'm toying with a theory that that wish made Dandi immortal as well...

Interesting. May I include this theory in my fanfic?
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was me above. Took too long to edit.
Calluna

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Interesting. May I include this theory in my fanfic?

Feel free. I probably won't end up using it. Razz
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
John Kerry.... er, I mean Mechanicles-
John Edwards... I'm sorry Greg (damn typos today!)

LOL, biggest. Inside. Joke. Ever.

Hmm, does that make Bush and Cheney Abis Mal and Haroud?

Then who would be considered Ralph Nader in this situation? Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nez wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
John Kerry.... er, I mean Mechanicles-
John Edwards... I'm sorry Greg (damn typos today!)

LOL, biggest. Inside. Joke. Ever.

Hmm, does that make Bush and Cheney Abis Mal and Haroud?

Then who would be considered Ralph Nader in this situation? Laughing

Nefir, lol.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*points to above post*
That was me. I forgot I am not logged on to the computer downstairs, heh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum