Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin Wishes/Grievances
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin Wishes/Grievances

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 4:09 pm    Post subject: Aladdin Wishes/Grievances Reply with quote

I'm hoping this thread doesn't come off as being a place to just complain, for that's not my intent!

I thought it'd be fun to have a thread dedicated to our Aladdin "wishes," or things that we either wished had happened or would change, things like that. I'm thinking more along the lines of things anywhere within the canon (however you define that!), to merchandise, to whatever. Just little changes you'd have made along the way or things you'd like to have seen within the actual canon (viva le fanfic? Laughing)

This idea came to me when I was listening to the new Broadway soundtrack and the changes to the beginning of "A Whole New World". This is really minor, but when Aladdin is opening the song, he sings these lyrics:

You must feel trapped inside these walls
We'll run away, just you and me.
Why not escape as evening falls?
There's a whole world you've yet to see.

Now, this is the most minor thing in the whole world, but I want to change that last line to:

There's a whole world we've yet to see.

I feel like it'd make it more about the fact that he wants to share this world with her, not just get her to go on a date with him. It'd also call back to the song added earlier, "A Million Miles Away," and how they'd wanted tp escape Agrabah and go on an adventure together.

I'd also like to have seen more than one episode where Mirage showed some basic competence. Laughing

What do you guys think?

(Was there a thread like this before? I don't even know. No one's talking, who cares. Laughing)
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest complaint about the series is all of the loose ends, many of which I know we discuss here all the time, and most of them involving villains (Mirage x Phasir, Mozenrath, etc...)

Rasoul always bothered me, just in general. He freaking attempts to murder Prince Ali, a royal guest, and just gets away with it. No punishment, no demotion, nada. Not even Jasmine, who was ready to rid herself of Jafar for DOING THE SAME THING.

Then he and Aladdin grow to respect each other in the series, then he's back to hating him in the KoT. Like wtf.

Also, does Aladdin ever figure out that Jafar was the old man who brought him to the cave? Or does he just shrug it off like it's not important that SOME MURDEROUS OLD MAN is after the lamp?
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, how I want to know more about Mirage and Fasir. Hell, I just want to see more of Mirage being a competent villain. Laughing

I have to agree that there's some issues with how Rasoul's written. I've always assumed that Jafar made up some BS story to get Rasoul and the guards to attack Ali. That's based more on knowing that Rasoul in the series and how he's played. Plus, Ali could have been accused of kidnapping Jasmine if Jafar figured out she was gone, there's a lot of that in the movie. Laughing

As for Rasoul/Aladdin in KOT, I have no idea. Within canon, either there's something in the series chronologically that calls for them to be in established conflict by the last few episodes or Rasoul's just being pissy (at the start of the film), just cause? Reality stepping in, there's also the idea that the two being enemies is established in the films, and KOT tried to distance itself to a point from the series, so they just went for the more established dynamic?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Man, how I want to know more about Mirage and Fasir. Hell, I just want to see more of Mirage being a competent villain.

Are you hinting that you think she was portrayed as incompetent?

Quote:
I've always assumed that Jafar made up some BS story to get Rasoul and the guards to attack Ali.

I always thought maybe he realized it was the "street rat" Aladdin, but that wouldn't make sense because Jafar didn't know that yet...

Even if he had an excuse, it still doesn't justify how he gladly executed him in complete secrecy ("Make sure he's never found" ... CLEARLY going behind the Sultan's back) and even LAUGHED as Al fell to his doom.

And really, did we have to capture the elephant too? What was that about? Razz

Quote:
KOT tried to distance itself to a point from the series

Not enough to resist throwing us a few series cameos Smile
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Quote:
Man, how I want to know more about Mirage and Fasir. Hell, I just want to see more of Mirage being a competent villain.

Are you hinting that you think she was portrayed as incompetent?

I feel like a lot of her plans were just stupid. The only episodes where I thought she came off as a decent villain are "In the Heat of the Fright" and "The Lost Ones". "Eye of the Beholder" kinda, but there's a lot of flaws in her plan.

Quote:
Even if he had an excuse, it still doesn't justify how he gladly executed him in complete secrecy ("Make sure he's never found" ... CLEARLY going behind the Sultan's back) and even LAUGHED as Al fell to his doom.

It was a really good excuse? Laughing There's always the idea that Jafar had hypnotized the man, but I'll admit that's a reach. Maybe he just... re-evaluated his life and his actions after he realized how bad Jafar was?

Quote:
And really, did we have to capture the elephant too? What was that about? Razz

He just wanted to keep Hakim and Fasal busy? Laughing

Quote:
Not enough to resist throwing us a few series cameos Smile

And Aladdin's outfit at the beginning too. Sneaky, sneaky.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum