Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Most Over-Looked Disney Movie?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Most Over-Looked Disney Movie?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marisa wrote:
OH! The Basil of Baker Street, from The Great Mouse Detective, will be appearing in a new Disney movie soon. It's called "The Search fo Mickey Mouse", or something along those lines. ^^

Unfortunately, that one's been scrapped. Sad It was a really cool idea, and I really wish they'd followed through. Maybe.... someday... Sad
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish IMDB would take the page about that down so people'd stop believing that's still going to happen. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, IMDB tends to be veeerry slow in taking down inaccurate info. When I was following The X-Files, I remember someone pointing out that they had Gillian Anderson's birthday wrong... even after all the e-mails sent, I think it's still listed wrong, and this was years ago.
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lazy imdb.com. Evil or Very Mad
Streetrat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd definitely say Great Mouse Detective or Rescuers Down Under (which I believe surpassed the first film by far).

I don't nod to The Black Cauldron, even though I jumped at its release, because I am a fan of the books and I think the film butchered them. True, it's a common Disney thing to write their own story, but by then that only seemed to happen strictly with fairy tales, which had so many versions of themselves anyway. To take a series that was popular at the time and kick half the fans in the face with the changes just kind of bothered me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Madeleine
Wicked Witch of the Mid-West

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to say one of the most over looked disney movies is Newsies. It wasn't widely known, it came out in theaters and on video like normal movies do, but since it bombed at the box office, Disney has since refused to even acknowledge it. You just don't see anything about it anymore, it seems like everything that had to do with Newsies is out of print.

I know this isn't a cartoon movie, but hey, it's still overlooked.
Addams Family Values.

"Young lady, I'm getting a tad tired of your attitude problem"-Peter MacNicol Addams Family Values.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Newsies!! Alan Menken's music in it is to die for! In the line for the Hyperion Theater at California Adventure, they play a couple of the score pieces from that film. That's my favorite part of waiting in line. Very Happy
persian85033
Elemental

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oliver and company. I love the music on that movie. I don't know whether it is on dvd yet. And the Homeward Bound movies. I especially love the second one. I like Pete and Ashcan, and Riley, too.
Syera
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fond memories of The Great Mouse Detective, myself.

I've never seen Treasure Planet, but I want to see it. I have a feeling, though, it just won't quite live up to Muppet Treasure Island. (But then again, what CAN live up to the Muppets? Very Happy )

Weblog | SH.net | Ed-sprite by Janette
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syera wrote:
I have fond memories of The Great Mouse Detective, myself.

I've never seen Treasure Planet, but I want to see it. I have a feeling, though, it just won't quite live up to Muppet Treasure Island. (But then again, what CAN live up to the Muppets? Very Happy )

I love the Muppets in that movie. More importantly, I love Tim Curry in that movie. Very Happy

*reveals shirt reading "Frank-n-Furter Forever!"*
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, can't say I'm a fan of RHPS, but Tim Curry was rather sexy singing "What Do You Do With a Drunken Sailor." Very Happy

Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Which show/CD is that from?
Cynical Scribe

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in Muppet Treasure Island. Right when they go into the galley for the first time. He doesn't sing very long, and he doesn't sing especially well, but there's just something about him singing!

Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so that's the name of that song he was singing when they first meet him. Very Happy
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this thread is ancient!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum