Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Favorite Character?
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Character?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who's your favorite character in Aladdin?
Aladdin!
38%
 38%  [ 15 ]
Princess Jasmine
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Genie
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Sultan
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Abu
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Carpet
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Jafar
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Iago the bird
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Other (please specify)
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 39

Lotus
Streetrat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:36 am    Post subject: Favorite Character? Reply with quote

I vote Genie Very Happy when he was playing chess with the carpet and losing it was so funny Very Happy
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite character depends on what's going on or the episode. Sometimes one is annoying me, sometimes he/she is being AWESOME or gorgeous or hilarious. They're all great characters.

I voted Carpet because he is the character that I never dislike. He is possibly the most intelligent/keen one and risks his life and sacrifices so much for his friends... and nobody remembers him! At any given time, I always like Carpet.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Overall Iago, definitely. If we were talking about just the first movie, then Jasmine. Iago didn't start getting really interesting until RoJ.
Joblom
Streetrat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
Overall Iago, definitely. If we were talking about just the first movie, then Jasmine. Iago didn't start getting really interesting until RoJ.

Pretty much this. I find pessimism surrounded by so many insufferable optimists to be endearing.
VampireNaomi
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely Mechanikles because I find him so funny and interesting. If I had to stick to the main characters, then it would be Iago. He has some of the best lines in the movies/series, and he's a refreshing character. I can't think of many cartoon good guys who are allowed to be that selfish and insufferable.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This question gets harder to answer every year without saying "all of them? Very Happy" Laughing

Before I started adding on everyone, though, my original favorite has always been Genie.
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Jafar, though Jasmine is a close second.
Jafaria
Vizier's Handmaiden

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*high-fives Lisa* Jafar is totally awesome.

...like it wasn't obvious I'd say that.
Streetrat

PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine's Nasira ( OMG, who knew? xD ) She may be evil but I always liked the idea of Jafar having a close friend, since everyone else wants him out of the picture. =[ Nasira is intelligent too, taking over a palace overnight, with only her magic, decieving Aladdin, and not to mention all the planning she came up with to help her brother. Too bad Aladdin's the lucky one though. Her designing went well too, she's pretty ( my opinion ^_^; ) but at the same time she has all the features of a villian. ( Such as her eye shape, her hair, outfit, body shape, and her glare. xD )

But as for main characters...

1st: Jafar. Best male villian in disney in my opinion. The only person who I think would outrank him is Maleficent. All you Jafar-fans know what I'm talking about. Wink

2nd: Jasmine. Her personality is beautiful.

3rd: Mozenrath. Great villian in the series.

4th: Genie or Iago? Both are funny.
TwistedMidnightDreams
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Genie. Genie Genie Genie. He's the best, in my honest opinian...and I was quite irritated with Idiot!Genie of the Series.

Aladdin needs more love--he hasn't got ANY votes! o.O
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know, Aladdin might actually be my favorite character. It changes. I think I voted for Carpet before, and I enjoy episodes with Jasmine in them, but recently I've enjoyed Aladdin's character the most in my series-watching.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I purposely didn't vote because I couldn't choose between children, so I gave him my vote Laughing
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really can't choose because all of them are amazing and each bring something unique to the story but I just threw my vote at Aladdin. I really think he's the Disney hero/prince/dude who had to work the hardest out of all of them. I mean he was nothing at the beginning of the film, but he ends up winning the love of a princess and making something of himself. Sure he had the help of a Genie, a Magic Carpet, and an adorable klepto monkey but he's the one who outwitted Jafar in the end. And I think he really develops during both the film and the series.

And then there's Jasmine. She was likeable during the first film, and yes I did dress up as her for Halloween like every other little girl but I didn't really start to appreciate her character until I got older and saw the TV Series. I did like the fact that she wasn't going to just mindlessly marry some prince like her father wanted her too, and the fact that she could see past the fact that Aladdin was a commoner. I really hate when people say that she's selfish because she's not. For example, in "Bad Mood Rising" she did realize that as a princess her duty was to serve her people even if that meant pushing aside her own interests. I really like "The Ethereal" when she jumps in front of that kid--just a random, peasant kid--and "dies" in his place. That really is the main reason why I like her best out of all the other princesses, because I think she really does deserve that title--she does really care about her people.

I think she matures a lot from RoJ to KoT. Take her reaction to Aladdin lying about Iago. But in the Kot, when they find out that Cassim is the King of Thieves, she calmly asks Aladdin if he knew about this, and when he answers she doesn't blow up at him, whereas RoJ Jasmine would have stormed off.

And lastly, she's the first princess to really kick butt Laughing. I mean she almost killed Aladdin in "Forget Me Lots". "The Secret of Dagger Rock" was just epic. And "The Vapor Chase" was amazing because she almost strangled Abis Mal.
Wife to the Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jafaria wrote:
*high-fives Lisa* Jafar is totally awesome.

...like it wasn't obvious I'd say that.

^ This, this, this!!! I LOVE Jafar! <3 <3 <3 He is so amazing and awesome and...*tries to shut up before she goes into a fangirly rant*
Streetrat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: A-88 Reply with quote

My favorites are Aladdin and Jasmine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum