Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Random things thread
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random things thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2023 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wish we had a little more post-KOT work, but I feel like they'd mess it up so I'll take these crumbs with Aladdin being in fighting games where his chest is covered as a sign of maturity and growth Laughing

It's definitely easier in some spaces than others to be that kind of nerdy, especially since there's always the possibility you'll be lumped in with The Disney Adults, but it's always nice when you do find that space and aren't judged for it.
Dark Rose
Goth Genie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank god I'm no longer a cringe aladdin adult and only revisit this website for fun
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2023 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeaqh, it's nice to be a bit nerdy every now and then, though I don't think the whole Disney Adult term really exists in my country. Online sure, but irl, not really, plus my colleagues don't even know I'm actually an Aladdin fan or just very very few.

Dark Rose wrote:
Thank god I'm no longer a cringe aladdin adult and only revisit this website for fun

I don't see how liking Aladdin even as an adult is cringe in anyway, especially when I keep it to myself for the most part, with only really embracing it in a close friend circle and here. Heck, my personality doesn't even revolve around this (humans are far more complex, although we can also be wonderfully simple at the same time Razz ) and really don't see a real difference between liking Aladdin and let's say. Doctor Who or Star Wars. Really the only difference between these is that Aladdin is animated.

As long as you know when it has the place and time to be nerdy, I think it's okay to be nerdy even about things like this. Trust me, I would love to just endlessly talk about Bleach now that cour 2 is airing, but I only really discuss it with people that are also into it or at the very least okay with anime stuff (and even then I need to be super careful to not say much spoilers).
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2023 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another card for the Lorcana game!!

And an artist for the cards did an interview and explained some of the choices for Aladdin's design:

Quote:
KB: Cool. And then obviously you're working with Disney and they need to approve everything. Did you feel like you had pretty free reign or do they have some tiny notes of maybe character things that you might not have thought of that they have to point out and be like, "Actually…"

NK: I was joking with somebody the other day about, "Did you know that Ursula has a mole?" I didn't, but now I do. I sure do because it's usually those little continuity things and trying to really retain the on model look of the characters. And that speaks to that first question you asked where we want to innovate but not take away from what makes the characters great and beloved in people's hearts and minds. And so it's hard to thread that needle sometimes.

With Aladdin, he doesn't have his iconic hat in the card illustration and his outfit changed. And so trying to make sure that that character looks as much like Aladdin in all the other ways as possible so that when people see him, they don't see some other floppy haired dude, but in fact recognize him as Aladdin no matter how much we've changed about the design. Pretty important. And those are the notes we usually get back from Disney. "Hey, this looks great, but not getting Aladdin yet.” There's a couple of things about the nose or the eyes, and we'll take a look actually often at the original model sheets from the movies to try and make sure we're in line with what's going on there.

KB: Another thing that's really cool about these cards is that each card has a foil version that people can find in the booster packs or some in the starter decks. At what point do you start thinking about that and how you're going to incorporate the foil into your design?

NK: Honestly, very little. Now I will, having seen the actual physical cards, I'll be giving a lot more thought to that. It primarily comes into the structure of the files we're handing over. The team wants as many layers as possible, but in some cases it's desirable for the artist to work in as few layers as possible to get a particular look or feel.

But you want to give the team down the line who are making those decisions about foiling, the opportunities to say, "You know what? Actually I think this door frame in the background or this particular sparkle of magic or whatever should be what's elevated." And keeping it layered for them makes that an easy decision. In some cases I've definitely made the team work a lot harder to do that.

KB: Yeah, I think there's Aladdin one with the sword is shiny.

NK: Yeah, well that one was easy because Aladdin's sword in some illustrations and moments on the card packs, it's just too large a shape to fit with the other characters on the pack itself. So the sword was handled as a separate element completely so that in some posters he has a sword and some posters, he just has a fist. And the challenge there was trying to make sure that the fist felt heroic and natural in the pose without the sword, so that suddenly when a sword appears, it also still feels like, yeah, that's reasonable.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is SO 90s Laughing

Scott and Candace Cameron Bure

https://www.thelist.com/1358900/full-house-co-star-candace-cameron-bure-took-to-prom/
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2023 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd probably get rid of the necklace, but otherwise I like it!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is from the Disney100 Village at the Asiatique in Thailand. Astronomer!Jasmine, yay!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2023 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we had just a reaction button. I don't always have a comment on the stuff you share, but I always like them Smile

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmhmm, sure you do Laughing

More information here:
https://disneyspeedstorm.com/

idk what kids are playing these days, bit I love seeing the outfits they come up. I guess they're the next additions to this racing game? This was also for world princess week.
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Mmhmm, sure you do Laughing

More information here:
https://disneyspeedstorm.com/

idk what kids are playing these days, bit I love seeing the outfits they come up. I guess they're the next additions to this racing game? This was also for world princess week.

I personally haven1t tried it yet, but it's on my wishlist for Steam, keeping up to date with its update to see if it's good and will worth eventually. Though even if it'sa good I may skip on it. Racing games were never my thing but it's nice to see Jasmine there at least (please Gameloft just give me the the gang in Dreamlight Valley already).
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love astronomer Jasmine because it actually makes sense with her as a character, especially with her desire to learn more about the world around her. I hate when the Disney princess line makes up some weird thing about the character that does not relate to the character at all. Plus, it makes me think about the beginning of the episode "While the City Snoozes" when her and the gang are looking at the stars to create a star chart for the royal library. Talk about continuity!

I have never heard of this racing game, but I have two things to say about it:

1. I love that Jasmine's outfit has both blue (her signature colour) and purple (Aladdin's signature colour). That is so freaking adorable and makes their relationship even better than it already is.
2. If Jasmine's race car does not have a design like Carpet, imma be super disappointed. Actually, just forgo the race car altogether and just use Carpet instead. Now I'm picturing Jasmine yelling, "Carpet, let's go!" just like Aladdin Embarassed
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I think for a while there they tried to give her an instrument because none of the other princesses really have quirk, but I like astronomer better.

I like "92" on her leg, too. The whole outfit is just adorable.

If we had a current series made today they would absolutely have her say that and have Aladdin be like "wait a minute, that's my line...." Laughing
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, Jasmine doesn't really have that quirk about her, but I think that's one of the reasons I love her. She isn't cute and clumsy like the new princesses are, nor is she super refined like the classic ones. If anything, Aladdin is more the cute and clumsy one in the relationship. Laughing

I think Aladdin would be so confused at first if she said it and then be so flattered. Like a smug flattered, like "Yeah, my wife just told our carpet to move like I do, instant turn on" Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should keep a running thread of the people who auditioned for Jasmine, but ultimately lost out Naomi Scott (although tbh it sounds more like in-house favoritism since they were probably always going to go with her as she's already worked with Disney before).

Ananya Panday & Tara Sutaria

https://www.masala.com/celebrities/did-you-know-ananya-panday-and-tara-sutaria-auditioned-for-jasmines-role-in-disneys-live-action

A clip of Tara singing is included
https://popdiaries.com/bollywood/tara-sutaria-now-stuns-fans-with-her-voice-1513350

Jade Thirlwall

https://www.capitalfm.com/artists/little-mix/jade-thirlwall-princess-jasmine-disney-instagram/
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And me https://youtu.be/IsRV98cgrvk
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 90 of 93

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum