Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Random things thread
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random things thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92, 93  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2023 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh yeah! That would have been so wild if you got the part. You could have been posting here while in between filming scenes Laughing
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2023 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
And me https://youtu.be/IsRV98cgrvk

Meesh, your voice is literal perfection! Very Happy I am so incredibly jealous and wish I could sing like you.
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2023 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So remember about Dreamlight Valley and how it was teased that Jafar is going to be the next baddy in the story? Welp, look what welcomed me today after getting home from Buda.

The game is getting a full release this December and the first expantion will be Rift of Time, which apparently includes Agrabah as one of the realms and man, I AM SUPER EXCITED!

To actually be able to walk in Agrabah and meet the gang there!? That's like literally a dream of mine coming true! My inner child is literally jumping up and down with the biggest grin on her face!

Heck, I'm so much excitred that I literally want to stream it when it gets released and not stop till I get to explore Agrabah and get the gang as well! Even if only on Discord (though might try something else to actually save it too for later) I just want to share the moment.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man, take pictures for us! Laughing

How detailed do they get in terms of exploring the Disney Worlds? Is it s a Kingdom Hearts type deal or it feels like you're actually in the movie?
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Oh man, take pictures for us! Laughing

How detailed do they get in terms of exploring the Disney Worlds? Is it s a Kingdom Hearts type deal or it feels like you're actually in the movie?

Varies really. For example for Toy Story it was just Andy's room and for Frozen it was the enchanted Forest (partially). From the gameplay I saw it seems it will be an island sized as it shows in a ruined state currently (even on the pic I posted you can see the Palace is damaged).

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/470521948590309386/1167549655488409620/image.png?width=786&height=442

Given the title of the expansion it would not surprise me that something happened and we would have to restore the realm and probably that way we meet the gang or least Jafar (since he was teased). Very curious tbh, especially that we definitely seem to get a desert biome too.

There's gonna be a livestream about the expansion on November 1 so I will try to watch that and see what we will be fully getting. I just do hope they will do something interesting with it.
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I teach French at an elementary school from grades 4-8 (students aged 9-14) and my students are well aware of how much I love all things Aladdin. Just in the last few days, Aladdin has been incorporated into my teaching life by:

- virtually taking my students to Disneyland Paris to explore a very different type of Parisian monument than the classic Eiffel Tower
- explaining to them that the voice actors ARE NOT the same people in the park (other than that one Full House episode, you know which one Wink )
- showing the students said Full House episode clip and hearing a bunch of 12 and 13 year old girls declare how hot Scott is Laughing
- showing the same students the behind the scenes of the "Once Upon a Studio" short and the same girls saying Scott still looks hot Laughing
- having a 9 year old student draw a picture of Aladdin and Jasmine for me
- having another 9 year old student give me a Genie plushie we have now nicknamed "Giga-Genie" because of his giga-Chad sized chin who hangs out in the classroom when I teach
- seeing a 13 year old boy and a 12 year old girl sing "A Whole New World" as I walked into the classroom

All in all, I would say it has been a great week Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doing the Lord's work Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2023/12/03/womans-irrational-fear-of-jafar-from-aladdin-goes-viral-in-hilarious-tiktok-videos/

This is hilarious, actually Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm dying this is SENSATIONAL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm catching up my library with some obscure stories I'm just now finding out about and I have to say this is THE most violent thing I've seen done to Carpet Sad
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Now he was just an ordinary rug - but one with feelings" Crying or Very sad
Elemental

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I finally got to actually play the expansion for Dreamlight Valley, least as it is for now, we still have to acts that come later this year.

So I was a bit incorrect and it's not a recreated Agrabah as I was hoping for. The island that we explore is basically separated into 3 biomes: an ancient ruin biome based on Atlantis (Atlantean structurew and technology was already present on Dreamlight Valley, so this is just further expand on it), the desert biome which is supposed to be the present, and the jungle biome that was created by Jafar trying to manipulate time. It's also the part where the Palace is decaying in a sense.

The story here is basically helping Jafar restoring the Hourglass Spectre to its full power and at the end of the desert where you can actually reach the Palace, he was about to take it away so he can finally destroy Aladdin (oh yeah, both Aladdin and Genie does get mentioned by him, so I hope they will eventually come as well, but I'm not sure. They were not listed on the roadmap for 2024) and rule time and space, but the new friends from the island stop him and he retreats back to the Palace. This is where Act 1 ends.

So let me just say that the island and the biomes in them are huge! They are basically double the size of any of the biomes on the main island which can be both good and bad. Good because there's a lot to explore and for people that love decorate, it will be a good playground. A bit bad because... it's quite grindy to unlock everything. Granted, I did unlock the desert biome fully, since that's where the story was mostly set, but I still have a lot to grind to really able to do what I planned. I plan on to unlock the jungle once I upgraded my tools to really able to remove everything that blocks parts of these biomes.

I have 1 big highlight though: At one point, you need to find the golden scarab parts to unlock Jafar's vault which is.... the freaking Cave of Wonders. And you can actually explore it and there I say, it's a very nice recreation with a bit of alteration from Jafar (basically there's some light-base puzzles) and my god, at the last chamber I was totally immersed as I walked up to get the last time stone piece. Only thing that it would have made this part better, if I have met Carpet and instead of the stone it would have been Genie's lamp and summon him.

You also meet 3 new characters in this island: EVE who guards the new royal tool in the Atlantean biome, Rapunzel in the jungle biome and Gaston in the desert biome. Overall I liked them, though here comes 1 big negative for me: You spend a good chunk of act 1 with Gaston and well... he's simply just annoying. Yes they explain he's like that because he spent so much time alone in the desert (and likewise he's not treated as a villain actually, which was surprising) but he still was just very annoying to the point where I just started skip his dialogues.

One thing I did appreciate is that you actually have your house in the island by default and with a bit of ingame money you can unlock Scrooge's shop and Remi's restaurant, along with every character able to come here and even able to put their houses here, so if I really want I can make this my main island.

Overall nice experience and fingers crossed that the remaining 2 acts will add more Aladdin characters. Oh yeah, one littler disappointment that there's barely any new stuff based on Aladdin. I hope that gets changed and they will add more.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So wait, they did all that just to introduce Jafar?

And you actually help him as in he's like "please help me restore this it's super important" and then find out he's going to use it for a bad reason?
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
So wait, they did all that just to introduce Jafar?

And you actually help him as in he's like "please help me restore this it's super important" and then find out he's going to use it for a bad reason?

Not quite, he's a big focus yes, but the whole DLC brings a lot of new stuff alongside Jafar. Jafar is mostly just the main antagonist set up at the end of the main story of Dreamlight Valley.

Well, he did really need help as he was stuck in the Palace and the island is unstable due to rift in time, but basically yes. Business as usual for him lmao, just now exploiting the main char not remembering everything (basically Dreamlight Valley and everything else was created by the main char's child self's imagination, but as they grew up they forgot everything about the place till now) and really tries to sell that he was the Royal Advisor for the character.

I mostly went neutral with him during my playthrough, only calling him out when it was necessary. The thing with Dreamlight Valley is that you do have villains already on your world (Mother Gothel, Ursula and Scar) and despite their statuses, they are accepted (although other villagers are vary of them and even the main char knows when they try to act up) so I fully expect Jafar to get somewhat taken in when the DLC story ends.

Also I was wrong, I looked at the roadmap for this DLC and at least 1 more char is going to be added with act 2. Now no concrete info was added, just that the char is very lucky, but fingers crossed either in act 2 or 3 they add at least 1 more Aladdin character. Like, it's by Gameloft and Speedstorm already has them, so if they planned them to be added, they probably already did the voice recordings for them. They were even mentioned in datamining files so clearly they have plan for these chars.

I will let you guys know when the remaining acts get released. Till then I try to make the desert biome into Agrabah.

Also the Palace looks amazing ingame. It's probably the best recreation of it since the Kingdom Hearts games, and I very much think we will be able to explore it as the story goes later on.

Here's some images I just took ingame.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/181RSfmUQynDrpUJJBSsaIIqyfm9VkiE4?usp=sharing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that Jafar Laughing

A lucky character? A lot of Disney characters fit that description Laughing Is it Crickee? (I guess one could count Aladdin as 'lucky' but his was more pre-determined).

It says access denied Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 91 of 93

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum