Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Random things thread
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Random things thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 91, 92, 93  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
I just know Rock Me Amadeus Razz

"Amadeus, Amadeus, come on rock me Amadeus!" Man, I haven't heard that song in a long time. Very Happy

The one I thought of is by a singer named Rick Scott. He's American, but moved to Canada back in the '70's and sings educational songs for kids, mostly about history. I found his music video (can you even call it that?) on YouTube. It's pretty ridiculous, but hey, it's for kids. Here it is if either of you are interested. This was my jam back in the day Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ja0BWY9dIjo

Speaking of character development, I completely agree with you, imekitty. I hate reading a book or watching a movie with unintentionally unlikeable characters. If I don't care about the individual's plight, I'm not interested.

For example, I know a lot of people like F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Great Gatsby, but I found it completely boring because I found none of the characters to be rather interesting. Honestly, the character of Nick could easily have been omitted from the story (seeing as he does nothing but comment on everything going on around him) and the story could have been told from a third person limited omniscient point of view.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2016/09/photos-aladdin-jasmine-debut-new-outfits-at-disney-parks-disneyland-world/

Petition to send these costumes to the ends of the earth where they belong Laughing

Aladdin's is okay but Jasmine's has GOT to be burned.
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both look like cosplay costumes to me, not Disney quality at all. Jasmine's wig is also weird, especially the bits of hair hanging down her forehead.

Are we sure this is actually real...?

I'm sad that they are not using Aladdin's street look anymore. I'm going to DisneyBound as Aladdin when I go to Disney World next year and was hoping to get a picture with him, but it won't be as much fun if he's wearing his Prince Ali outfit. :/ Especially this really weird newly designed one. Well, maybe something will change by next April.

Last edited by imekitty on Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I thought! I was like "are you sure this isn't someone's cosplay?" but no, it is sadly very real Sad . I've seen better cosplay than this.

I hate the damn stock art they're loosely basing her hair off, so the fact they brought it in to the parks is making me see red.

I guess they wanted him to fit in with the other prince meet and greets, but not fitting in with them is part of his appeal Laughing
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I hate the damn stock art they're loosely basing her hair off

Say what? That's what it's supposed to be emulating? In the stock art, it just looks like a loose strand à la Mulan. It's at least pretty if kind of silly. Here, it looks like she accidentally cut some of her bangs too short, like someone sneezed while cutting them. Or something.

Aladdin isn't really a prince, so yeah, he doesn't fit in to begin with. :b Or they could put him in his KoT outfit. I'd be all over that...
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Salukfan was saying Abu gave her a haircut and she left it like that to be nice Laughing

If they ever acknowledge that movie, I might pass out.
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I could see Abu doing that...

Anyway, if they wanted to cover her up more, they could've just put her in her purple dress from the first movie. I would've been fine with that. This new outfit is hideous. There is no other word for it.
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2016 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this monstrosity??? Shocked Look, I get altering some of the costumes at the theme parks (I saw online that they changed Mulan's and Pocahontas's as well and they look ok, except Poco is missing her beautiful blue necklace that was, oh I don't know, IMPORTANT in her story) but this? This is, I don't even think there is an acceptable word for it. Jasmine doesn't even look like Jasmine anymore. That dress is like a mutated version of her regular outfit and her KOT wedding dress. I swear, the more I look at it, the uglier it gets. And that wig? Good lord, what have they done to Jasmine's beautiful hair. I like Salukfan's explanation though. Or maybe Jas or Al got drunk and thought it would be funny.

I get why some people are against Jasmine's usual outfit (because showing ones belly in public is such a horrendous crime), but this costume just looks so repulsive. Honestly, if they had wanted to shut up the haters while staying true to "Jasmine", they could have done what the Disney Princess line has done and just added a skirt to the back of her pants and made the shirt longer so it covered her belly. Maybe even add a pretty design on the torso section.

I'm just curious what they're going to do about Ariel. Is she allowed to just walk around in her bra and tail? Are the moral guardians going to object to her saying that despite being a mermaid who has no knowledge of human objects, she will comprehend the concept of a shirt.

Also, on a side note, what is with that Aladdin's hair? He has THE best hair of all the princes, yet he is subjected to that? Seriously, that's the best wig they could make?
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to tell what the wig really looks like under the turban...which is another reason I prefer that he wear his street clothes. :b

Jasmine very well might've been covered more for cultural reasons, but I don't see why no one seems to get that Agrabah is its own place with its own culture and probably even its own religion. There is no confirmation that they are Muslim at all. A few references to Allah doesn't necessarily mean anything. Atheists refer to God all the time as well (i.e. "oh, my God"), after all.

As for Ariel, there's no cultural reason why she should be covered up more, so she might get to keep her shells when in mermaid form. But I could see them covering her up more, too.
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brad singing "One Jump Ahead" live, but it appears he messed up the lyrics in the beginning. :b I thought maybe he was just singing a shortened version at first, but then he sang the line again later, so it just seems he got mixed up. I guess he doesn't sing this song very often, haha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYs7cKutu-M

And here he is singing "Proud of Your Boy." Pretty cool!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5DUGHiu-y8

And Aladdin may or may not be having an affair with Megara...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSfu3Dm4tHg
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is like 9.5 months old, but my bf just sent it to me.

http://www.clickhole.com/article/we-regret-inform-you-it-jafar-4012
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

New Buzzfeed article:

19 Questions I Have About "Aladdin" Now That I'm An Adult

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jennaguillaume/aladdins-disguise-is-worse-than-clark-kents?utm_term=.voOQgErLpM&bffbmain#.kybApBoXk9
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to answer because I'm procrastinating doing real work...

1. After KoT, I think it's clear that they're definitely different characters (also in Kingdom Hearts).

2. What exactly is the question?

3. Abu had the vest before he met him, but Aladdin did give him the fez!

4. It's a harem, not a brothel. Disney's confirmed that in numerous scripts/sheet music.

5. You're only asking this now that you're an adult? :0

6. We have hints, but nobody knows...

7. Which characters have British accents? I don't think any of them do?

8. GUARDS! EMERGENCY!

9. They don't need no stinkin' servants!

10. Aladdin's a badass.

11. This was sort of explained in the original treatment/script. Basically, whoever put the lamp there wanted to be sure only someone worth would get it.

12. Explained in the original script. Carpet is not part of the treasure. His owner tried to get the lamp but perished.

13. LEL CARTOON LOGIC~

14. Apparently, only the sultan was dim enough to be hypnotized. I bet it wouldn't have worked on anyone else.

15. This was also explained in the original script. Aladdin was worried that Jafar would recognize him, but Genie told him to "trust the magic." So, we assume that Genie's magic made him unrecognizable.

16. LEL CARTOON LOGIC~

17. Aladdin's a badass. Seriously.

18. They seemed pretty terrified when we did see them.

19. In fairytales/movies, things need to go faster. They actually took it pretty slow compared to other fairytale couples!
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO I just thought I'd share this...

I went to Disney World with my family back at the beginning of May. My sister and I planned a couple of Disney bounds. Basically, I was Minnie the day we went to Magic Kingdom and Aladdin the day we went to Epcot. I had stupidly not checked to see if Aladdin would be in Epcot or not. Last time I went, oh, eight years ago, Aladdin was indeed in Epcot (and he was GORGEOUS omg best Aladdin ever). But for whatever reason, only Jasmine comes to Epcot now. T.T So on Magic Kingdom day, I ended up having to get a picture of Aladdin in my Minnie outfit which was still fun. I was like "Yeah, so...um, sorry, Jasmine, but do you mind if I get a photo with JUST Aladdin? I promise I won't try anything..." And she was like "I think that's a great idea! :D" It was cute. ^^ This Aladdin was not as attractive as the one I saw eight years ago, but he was still adorably in character (and wearing his street clothes), so it was all good.

Anyway, we went to Epcot the next day. My sister was Esmeralda, I was Aladdin. Super fun. I had pretty much everything for my outfit already in my closet (yeah, even a purple-blue cardigan vest! Totally coincidental. I had already had it for years and years but rarely wore it). I even created a makeshift fez that I attached to my hair with clips. SUPER geeky, I know. Anyway, I met Jasmine, and she seemed a little confused at first. XD She said, "You look a lot like my husband...except you're a girl. And blonde." XDDDDD And I was a little starstruck and fumbled with my words, but I managed to say something like "Oh, so you two are married?" "Oh, yes, we are very happily married." "Like you're living at the palace together?" "Yes, of course." "All right, well, I just saw him yesterday, so...can you tell me why he's still wearing that same pair of pants with the patch in it? I mean, isn't he supposed to be a prince now? What is he trying to say, beggar?"

I guess that Aladdin started a new trend in Agrabah? So now it's cool for the guys to wear patches in their pants?

Should've asked about Aladdin's dad, though...I was tongue-tied...and I didn't want to hold up the line with my incessant fangirling.

Anyway, I'm going to try to get the photos from my mom. I'm so embarrassed, haha. But I will share them. :3

Last edited by imekitty on Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Chirping Cricket
Streetrat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh, speaking of Disneybounds, I'm gonna Disneybound as Iago the next time I go to Disneyland . I have the outfit, I just need accessories. I'm thinkin of getting a gold beetle charm as a subtle reference to the scarab beetle. And I'm making feather earrings.
And speaking of Esmeralda, I kinda wanna disneybound as her too and I have some of her outfit already too!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 91, 92, 93  Next
Page 29 of 93

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum