Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Jasmine inspired hotel room at Walt Disney World
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jasmine inspired hotel room at Walt Disney World

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Jasmine inspired hotel room at Walt Disney World Reply with quote

Walt Disney World is converting 512 rooms at Disney's Port Orleans Resort into princess-themed rooms complete with ornate beds, fiber-optic special effects and gold and crystal accents, according to the Disney Parks Blog. The rooms will be marketed as places the Disney princesses themselves have stayed, from Princess Tiana of "The Princess and the Frog" to Belle of "Beauty and the Beast" to Jasmine of "Aladdin."

The rooms, scheduled to open in March 2012, are the latest in Disney's specialty room offerings, which also include pirate-themed guest rooms at Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort. The popularity of those rooms allows Walt Disney World to command a $30-a-night premium for them, the Orlando Sentinel reports.

Source: http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/42763502/ns/travel-seasonal_travel/

With our luck, they'll ditch the Jasmine idea before they make it Laughing

Last edited by AladdinsGenie on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean it'll have a balcony? XD Because I've always wanted to tell someone "Go jump off a balcony!" Laughing

This does sound kinda cool, I'm excited to see what they come up with. I hope they don't scrap the idea but the again Jasmine always has a habit of getting the short end of the stick Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're gonna replace her with Aurora. I can feel it Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiber optic special effects? How? I bet they'll be cheap and just hang up a disco ball!
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you're all so negative. Laughing This is the only place in the world where I'm the optimistic one. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know they don't like us that much Laughing
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, they won't replace Jasmine with Aurora! For the same reason they give Aurora a pink dress instead of the blue one she wears for most of the film. Because they think little kids will confuse her with Cinderella - whose dress is not blue anyway Laughing

They'll definitely keep Jasmine's room. For marketing purposes. Jasmine is the only real exotic princess, and they need diverse rooms so that it's not the same theme each time. Every little girl that watched that movie wants her room. Nobody even knows what Cinderella's room looks like. They have a Jasmine theme for the Disney Weddings too. Her style is the only one that will stand out when it comes to decor.
Calluna

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think what they mean is they'll have rooms for all the princesses, and they just chose Belle and Jasmine as examples. The photo on the blog shows the Cinderella room. But there are going to be 512 of them, at least a few of them should be Jasmine.

Now, they might have fewer Jasmine rooms than the others if they think there will be less demand. Like when you see Disney Princess stuff in a store, and there's always less Jasmine stuff than, say, Cinderella, Aurora and Belle. Rolling Eyes
Amyrat151
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is that I wonder. That the Belle and Cinderella stuff is around more? It's not as if Aladdin is unpopular.
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, amyrat. Some people think it's because Belle and the others have big poofy dresses and that it makes them more marketable than Jasmine Confused
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't get Jasmine stuff out here in Australia. At all. Anything that you could get got shafted for Rapunzel.

I went nuts at Disneyland as a result and had to buy a whole new suitcase to cart everything home.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I honestly think they just keep her around for the sake of filling that part of the PC slot in the Disney Princess club at this point. Officially taking her out would cause more problems than it's worth (read: people claiming Disney is racist), so they just don't use as her much to get around that. She doesn't fit in with the really classic image of princesses that they push all the time with the others, Mulan and Pocahontas have the same problem, so there's less of her.

What's weird is I've seen more stuff in Japan of her than here in the States, as well as Aladdin in general. They freaking LOVE Genie over there Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum