Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Full Cast Announced for Disney's Aladdin in Seattle!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Cast Announced for Disney's Aladdin in Seattle!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's amazing!! You are going all out!!
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your wedding sounds awesome Chris! I just had a very traditional wedding, but we went to Disneyland and Disneyland California Adventure for our honeymoon - we originally intended on going to Dubai, but Disneyland won out Smile
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanna go to Dubai so bad. The architecture there is STUNNING.
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would've loved to have gone to Dubai, considering I've gone to Disneyland before, but I let my husband decide as he'd never been overseas before.

We both want to go to the Middle East (ideal holiday being Iran - Dubai - Saudi Arabia - Egypt - then either Morocco or Italy), but due to a few other big plans it doesn't look that likely now... but can't wait for Arabic classes to start up again at the end of July Smile
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures I found so far (I was really close to just linking to LJ cause I'm that lazy right now Laughing):

Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg I'm loving these costumes! Gah her outfit is so pretty! Thanks for sharing Very Happy
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First things first!

Anyone who is in Seattle or can be there next Tuesday, go here and book NOW - http://www.5thavenue.org/show/SLNALA1011/

5th Avenue are putting on a FREE preview night for Aladdin! The event "will take you behind the scenes of our world premiere of Aladdin: The New Stage Musical. Hear backstage stories from the creative team about the show’s creation. Then enjoy songs performed by the cast that will hint at the magic to come."

According to their Facebook/Twitter pages this was announced around the end of last month (no idea how we all missed it) and due to the demand they've actually moved the event to the larger Paramount Theatre! Even better, it also sounds like those who booked before the change of venue received a message from Jafar himself to tell them about the change!!

Secondly, those photos look amazing! I especially love the behind the scenes shot as you can see just how much they're enjoying themselves doing the show! The banner shot is actually the new marquee which, according to the facebook page, was put up outside the theatre last week.

And finally, thank you all for the kind words about my wedding. It's less than 5 weeks away now, so I'm getting nervous, but also really excited.
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post, but this is worth it!

Make sure you watch the Tony Awards tonight as 5th Avenue have reported that a teaser commercial for Aladdin: The New Stage Musical will be aired in one of the ad breaks!

Hope you guys enjoy it, I'm just crossing my fingers that it'll be online tomorrow!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll record the show and get a copy up if no one else does!
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Very Happy

I've contacted 5th Avenue asking if they plan to release it online (even offered to host a copy on the blog, figured it was worth a shot!) so I'll let you know what they say!
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm watching the Tonys just for that XD.

That preview sounds awesome! If only I had a Magic Carpet Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it showed, it was a local thing as I didn't get it. I watched all three hours and recorded the commercial breaks. I got stuff for local theaters but nothing about the Aladdin play. Let's hope someone from the area got it!
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a shame Sad

5th Avenue have advised it won't be available online either, but did say that Courtney Reed would be performing on New Day Northwest tomorrow (I got the email at 4:10 UK time, so I think that means today/Monday) around 11am PST and that will be available online later.

The most interesting part? She'll be performing "Call Me a Princess"!! Never thought that song would make the cut!

The Spotlight Night is also being recorded and selected footage will be made available over the coming weeks.

The good news is, they have said they can forward me the Jafar voice mail message, so I hope to have that up on the blog soon!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen it on youtube either. I'll give it another day or two.

I hope she can change my mind about that song because that's my least favorite cut song. I can't even listen to Howard Ashman or Kerry Butler singing it because I hate it that much. It really does a number on Jasmine's character and not in a good way Confused . I pray they've changed it to her mocking that lifestyle instead of going back to her original characterization of embracing it.

I'm glad we'll be getting footage of all this stuff, though! That's weird the performance is available but not the preview during the Tonys.

Higher-res pictures of two of the previously posted ones:

Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing either Jasmine has a bigger character arc in the show or she sings it to get rid of Prince Achmed, which could be quite good fun

And looks like I was wrong, 5th Avenue just tweeted me the teaser is now on their facebook page!

Edit: The teaser is just that, a complete tease! It's good, but don't expect any surprises.

And I have to ask, where do you find those images? I'm constantly checking the photographer's site and facebook as well as 5th Ave's facebook and twitter, but those last two I've never seen anywhere!

It's now 11:22 PST so Courtney Reed should have finished performing Call Me a Princess! Hope the link is up soon!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 2 of 25

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum