Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Full Cast Announced for Disney's Aladdin in Seattle!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Cast Announced for Disney's Aladdin in Seattle!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:10 pm    Post subject: Full Cast Announced for Disney's Aladdin in Seattle! Reply with quote

Adam Jacobs and Courtney Reed will play Aladdin and Jasmine, respectively, with James Monroe Iglehart as the Genie, in the stage premiere of the Disney musical Aladdin, based on the animated feature.

The 5th Avenue Theatre in Seattle announced full casting for the show on June 1. The production, starring the previously announced Jonathan Freeman as villainous Jafar (reprising his pungent vocal role from the 1992 motion picture), will play July 7-31 under the direction of Casey Nicholaw, who also choreographs.

Aladdin has music by Alan Menken; lyrics by Howard Ashman, Tim Rice & Chad Beguelin; and book by Chad Beguelin. Beguelin also wrote the books for The Rhythm Club, Wicked City and The Wedding Singer, which premiered at The 5th Avenue in 2006. Menken and Beguelin contribute additional lyrics, according to 5th Avenue.

The cast also includes Seattle actor Seán G. Griffin as the Sultan; Don Darryl Rivera as Iago; and, playing Omar, Babkak, and Kassim — a trio of characters originally conceived by the film's creators but not used — Andrew Keenan-Bolger, Brian Gonzales, and Brandon O'Neill, respectively.

More information here: http://www.playbill.com/news/article/151393-Memphis-Star-James-Monroe-Iglehart-Is-Genie-in-Disneys-Aladdin-Adam-Jacobs-Is-Title-Hero

Last edited by AladdinsGenie on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've added pictures of all the main cast to my http://aladdinmusical.blogspot.com/ including the first official picture of Adam Jacobs as Aladdin (kindly provided by The 5th Avenue Theatre)

Show's looking great so far, can't wait to see more in the next few weeks!

Sorry, I don't like just posting a link when the news isn't exclusive (like when Adam Jacobs was cast as Aladdin, I posted the news here as well as on the blog), but the post is very image intensive and it'd be a LOT of work to try and copy that all here.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!!! That's really exciting, and the cast looks amazing!!!

Now how am I going to get from Philadelphia to Seattle... Hmmm...
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First day of summer and I find out the cast list. Life is good Very Happy. Now if only I could get from PA to Seattle. Haha road trip XD.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you PA people need to carpool. I didn't realize half the board was from that state Laughing

Chris wrote:
Sorry, I don't like just posting a link when the news isn't exclusive (like when Adam Jacobs was cast as Aladdin, I posted the news here as well as on the blog), but the post is very image intensive and it'd be a LOT of work to try and copy that all here.

I get what you mean. I made a similiar post to yours on LJ with the pictures (because the news means nothing without faces and their credits), but didn't feel like repeating that over here Laughing
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
It sounds like you PA people need to carpool. I didn't realize half the board was from that state Laughing

Wish I was close enough to carpool! I'd seriously hitchhike all the way if there wasn't an ocean and passport control between me and the show!

Closest I'm getting to Aladdin next month is when I have A Whole New World as the first dance at my wedding. But right now I'm just happy that the show exists, the cast looks amazing, and I can hold on to the hope that one day I'll get to see a professional production of the show touring the UK (or the USA, I'm happy to save the money, I just need more than a few months notice and for it not to be the same month as my wedding!)

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I get what you mean. I made a similiar post to yours on LJ with the pictures (because the news means nothing without faces and their credits), but didn't feel like repeating that over here Laughing

Just checked it out, I see you had the same problems I did trying to find good pictures for certain cast members Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Closest I'm getting to Aladdin next month is when I have A Whole New World as the first dance at my wedding.

That's sweet! Is your fiance an Aladdin fan too?

Quote:
It sounds like you PA people need to carpool. I didn't realize half the board was from that state

Haha, seriously! I would do it if we had the money! Very Happy
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
That's sweet! Is your fiance an Aladdin fan too?

Yeah she is Smile

The freaky thing is she was a friend's friend back in high school and one of my first memories of her is lending her the video of Aladdin and the King of Thieves as she loved Aladdin but had never seen it!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's so sweet! My boyfriend says the only way he will allow that song played at our wedding is if Alan Menken plays it himself lol.
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Alan Menken's on Twitter these days, you could always ask him Very Happy

I know it sounds silly, but you lose nothing by asking the question! And sometimes people can surprise you.

Which leads me nicely on to this;

http://aladdinmusical.blogspot.com/2011/06/theres-so-much-more-to-me.html

I'm very happy to present an interview with Adam Jacobs, Seattle's new Aladdin!

I thought about starting a new thread, but figured everyone who's interested in the show comes in this thread anyway.

He seems like a really nice guy, and his answers are great. They give a few more details about the show, without really giving anything away. He also "unofficially" confirms one of the cut songs we were all expecting to hear.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat, why don't we have heart emoticons on this board? Laughing

He seems like a really sweet guy and it was really nice of him to answer your questions. I'm bummed over the last of a soundtrack, though. Guess I'll have to go there next month and record it Wink

Thanks for sharing!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I met Alan Menken one time, and I gave him a card thanking him for how much he means to me and mentioning that I was a music composition major because of him and was open if he ever wanted an intern.

It was a long shot, but it didn't hurt anything, right? I never heard from him, but I guess I didn't completely expect to. Razz
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the interview! And it never hurts to give those sorts of things a shot.

... on it's A Whole New World, I tried to get this at any time during my wedding, my husband absolutely refused to have any Disney song in it, sigh.
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing the interview! I'm so excited for this Very Happy
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you all liked it! I thought about saying something earlier, but I decided against it in case it fell through!

On the wedding subject, I'm lucky that we're both Disney mad! So far we've got AWNW as the first dance, friends singing Beauty and the Beast during the register signing, Be Our Guest played on the sax before dinner, and we're looking at having some of the more popular up-beat songs played during the reception (Under the Sea, Friend Like Me, etc.)

Best of all is my suit. I didn't want a traditional suit (and sadly Aladdin's was just too unrealistic) so we're having Robert's jacket and waist coat from Enchanted made and hiring the period shirt, trousers and boots from a theatre company Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 1 of 25

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum