Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Full Cast Announced for Disney's Aladdin in Seattle!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Cast Announced for Disney's Aladdin in Seattle!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link! Very Happy

Mermaid is going to Holland first... interesting! Guess I'd better not hold my breath for a UK debut for Aladdin! What will be really cruel is if they do Aladdin in say France and do a full cast recording but we still don't get a Seattle cast recording. Sadly it could happen.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
The Newsies is temporary, right? So that definitely could happen.

I believe so, I think one of the articles I read quoted someone at Disney Theatrical as saying something along the lines of "strike whilst the iron is hot" as Newsies is very topical in the current climate so they can capitalise on that.

Plus as that article says, the Broadway stint will help boost the demand for the licensed version. Aladdin may not need the same boost (it was created due to high demand for the license) but it certainly couldn't hurt! But Disney probably think they can wait for Aladdin as there will always be demand, but Newsies is topical now so that's why they're pushing it.
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got a nice holiday surprise;

http://aladdinmusical.blogspot.com/2012/01/street-rats-on-three.html

An interview with Brandon (Kassim) O'Neill!! Enjoy!

Brandon seems like a great (and very hard working!) guy and gives some really nice insights into Kassim and his character.

Only 2 cast members left. I'm gonna do what I can to chase up those and the 3 production team interviews.

Edit - Missed a fairly important tweet from Alan Menken last November!! He had 3 days of meetings with Casey and Chad about the show. I'm guessing this was part of the next round of development mentioned in the article that said the show was going to Europe.
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam and Courtney looking gorgeous at the premiere of their new show Once on this Island at the Paper Mill Playhouse.

The show runs until around the end of June (24th I think)
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JMI has posted a gallery of new Genie production photos on his website

http://jamesmonroeiglehart.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=12380325

I'm guessing most of these photos that the 5th didn't use for publicity which is why we've not seen them anywhere before (it's also possible this means JMI paid the photographer for the rights to have them on his site if they weren't in the batch selected by 5th Ave for publicity purposes). I think I've found the photographer on Facebook so I'm going to try and contact him and see if he can provide with some "new" images for a 1st anniversary piece I'm working on.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has it really been a year? It doesn't even feel like it! Looking at those photos are making me all mushy inside, though, so some enough time for nostalgia to kick in must have passed Laughing. Can't wait for the one year piece you're working on!

And I somehow missed that picture of Courtney and Adam. This board sometimes doesn't like to tell me about updates Mad . They're so cute, though, aww.
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well last night was the 1st anniversary of the show's official opening! What better way to celebrate than with some reflections by the cast!

http://aladdinmusical.blogspot.co.uk/2012/07/reflections-on-aladdin-1st-anniversary.html

I wasn't able to get hold of everybody so I have taken quotes from old interviews, but there's still plenty of new stuff in there and I know at least 1 more is on the way in the near future (Courtney was on holiday).

Hope you all enjoy!

Oh, by the way, does anyone else have trouble with the JMI Show where he interview Andrew, Brian and Brandon? I wanted a quote for Brian but it keeps freezing around the eight and a half minute mark when Brian is talking so I've not been able to get anything!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh, I feel some ugly crying coming on Laughing. I can't believe its been a year. Thanks for post, Chris. I feel like I was there...even though, you know, I wasn't there Laughing

I have the same problem. It originally stopped loading at that point, continued to load, and then stopped when the video marker finally made it to that point. I think I saved that video last year (because I'm one of those types of fans who has to document everything), so I can upload it and send it to you if you need it (or give you the quote you're after, even).
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's exactly how doing the blog has made me feel. I said to Jane when we were in Utah, one of the strangest things was realising how much I didn't know about the show!

Bit late (been a mad few weeks) but if the offer to upload/transcribe the interview still stands I'd really appreciate it! Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you didn't feel like you've already seen it despite knowing how everything came together? That's good to hear.

I'll PM you a link!
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It felt fresh every time I saw it. It's just so fast paced, you never get bored and it never feels like it lags at any point. They've done so well blending the film, the original songs and new story elements to tie it all together.

Thanks for the PM, I'll update that in the week! Really appreciate it Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25
Page 25 of 25

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum