Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - ‘Enchanted Tiki Room’ to reopen on Aug. 15
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

‘Enchanted Tiki Room’ to reopen on Aug. 15

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: ‘Enchanted Tiki Room’ to reopen on Aug. 15 Reply with quote

http://www.insidethemagic.net/2011/08/enchanted-tiki-room-to-reopen-on-aug-15-at-walt-disney-world-minus-new-management/

This is old news now I guess Laughing But did anyone hear about this? I'm kinda mad because I didn't get to see it when it featured Iago ( and Iago's just awesome, come on now XD ). Was it any good?
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one with Iago was just ok. I mean, I really can't stand the original Tiki room, so I'm not the best person for this question, but I saw the one with Iago a few times. I vowed never to see the original again, so there you go. Most Disney fans have the opposite story Laughing
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched the one with Iago on Youtube and was laughing the whole time Laughing I think I died when he sang Friend Like Me. I was so thrilled when I found out Jerry Orbach was in it, I was sitting there for a few minutes like, "Wait...LUMIERE THE ARABIAN WOLVERINE!"

I've heard music from the original and after a while I just got tired of it to be honest XD. But I hear most people like that version better...but come on, we don't have that much stuff in the park, and since Iago was there it counted for something right? Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Part of it is it kind of mocks the original, but it's Iago/Gilbert Gottfried - what else was he going to do?

It also has that "omg walt" factor to it, too, which is sacred territory. You can't touch Walt's creations without Disney fans throwing a fit (see: Small World). I find that to be ridiculous as that man was all about moving forward; he'd probably be horrified to see half those rides still the parks today let alone the condition some of them were in before refurbs (see: Haunted Mansion), but we're not getting in to that right now Laughing
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ikr? I read the complaints that it was disrespectful but it's GILBERT, what the heck were you expecting? Laughing

That's true, I really don't get what the big deal is. I know some people were upset because they had childhood memories of the original but what about the generation used to this? That's basically destroying theirs if they'd seen this one Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, they got their creepy bird show back, so they can rest easy now Laughing. I think Tokyo still has the Stitch version.

I had childhood memories of the original Disney channel and they're definitely not bringing that back any time soon - it's ok, guys Laughing

Sometimes I really hate that Disney banks on that nostalgia factor so much because it makes it hard for the company to do anything new. All the films have to be in the same, all the rides can't be touched...it's annoying.
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww I miss that too. Today's Disney Channel is just a disgrace, I feel really sorry for these kids Laughing

That is true. Like the Disney heroes are becoming a bit redundant. I mean Naveen and Flynn are so similar it isn't even funny Rolling Eyes. I mean I know they're different, but do they have to do the whole cocky thing again? They just need to do something fresh and different. Maybe in 2D, I'm just throwing that out there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't even know what the dickens is ON Disney Channel anymore because they are constantly making new tween shows and taking them down just as fast. Then they cross them over, and give them tv movies, and singing careers, and regular movies and wtf. I just want some simple, old school Mickey cartoons again Confused

They're suppose to be geared more towards the type of men women today like and find attractive, which would be fine until I think about it and go "...women today like lazy, vain, and selfish guys? That explains why I'm so picky" Laughing

They're funny and all, don't get me wrong. I enjoy that they're flawed, but I'm a little concerned for this generation Laughing
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they have to ruin it at least give us something like Cinemagic. I want my cartoons back Mad

Laughing Really? Wow. I hate those people XD. So in 90s Disney terms, Gaston as opposed to the Beast? That's just...wow XD.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear Cinemagic is pretty awesome.

Yeah, I remember an interview with Zachery on George Lopez where he said they ran a survey on like 300 women to come up with the perfect guy and Flynn is basically who they came up with Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum