Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Linda Larkin and Lea Salonga: Disney Legends
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Linda Larkin and Lea Salonga: Disney Legends
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Call Me a Princess? Laughing To Be Free needed to be in the movie, it would have been awesome if Lea sang that Very Happy

Awww those pictures are so pretty! I wish I could have been there, it sounds so awesome.

Seriously, what is with all the awesome stuff being on the West Coast?
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only if she sang it how Courtney did with being hilariously obnoxious. That is the only acceptable way to sing that song now Laughing

I can't stop saving pictures of her. Someone stop me. Shocked

I don't know, they all swear the East coast gets the best stuff. They have to be joking.
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD That's the only way I can listen to that song now.

I did too! This is bad Laughing

Are you kidding me? They got this and the musical all in one summer, I think not!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It needs a lot of context, but that's ok. We'll get that sorted out Laughing

Every time I look I'm like "oh, I don't have that one, or that one.....don't have that one...oooh, this one is at a different angle!"

Right? They'll be like "YOU HAVE DISNEY WORLD AND NEW YORK" - yeah, and they do nothing there.
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD I was so afraid at first but it grew on me.

Me too. I have like...eighteen now? Laughing

I might be able to understand New York if we get our show but you're right, there's not nearly enough Al stuff in WDW. I couldn't find Jasmine Sad
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could have gone so wrong, especially given the fail we've seen from Princess stuff in the last few years. Laughing

Keep collecting more, so I can stare at how gorgeous everyone is.

Let's see the cool stuff we've gotten at WDW lately... well, Destination D, which is the bone they threw us because we don't get the Expo Laughing ... and the Pixar panels that were a sub component of that weekend, which I'll admit, were damn awesome and were worth almost losing my job over, but that's only because I find Jonas Rivera and Michael Giacchino adorable and wonderful and flawless and on and on Laughing BUT NONE OF THIS IS ALADDIN RELATED. We're losing Aladdin-related stuff down here, in fact. It really burns me (and Iago, but that's besides the point (and the bad joke).
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would have been hilarious if that was the final song they all sang at the convention Laughing

I have 28 pictures saved so far. wtf.

Maybe the east coast they're talking about is Asia because they've been building that up a lot, especially in Tokyo and with the shows and such. There's what over here? The Magic Carpets? And.........................yeah, that's it Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fwm5rBi-Wjg

Linda's part is at 17:50 and Lea after that. I'm burying my face in my hands at the guy who said "as thrilling as a magic carpet ride through the cave of wonders must have been for the bold and determined Jasmine" ....except for the part where only Aladdin can enter and she's never been in there, yeah, I'm sure that was a fun ride in her imagination Laughing. Also, thumbs up to whoever clapped when Scott was mentioned Laughing

But AHHHH, I'm screaming, she's so adorable Very Happy. And Lea is hilarious, I love her Laughing
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I'm burying my face in my hands at the guy who said "as thrilling as a magic carpet ride through the cave of wonders must have been for the bold and determined Jasmine" ....except for the part where only Aladdin can enter and she's never been in there, yeah, I'm sure that was a fun ride in her imagination Laughing.

Haha wut? This is a D23 convention, I can imagine mistakes like that on like a doll box or something but seriously wtf? Laughing Either someone's been playing waaay too much Kingdom Hearts or it's time to break out the DVDs and watch the movie again XD.

I didn't know she had been a dancer! She's so cool XD. And I love how her normal voice basically is Jasmine Laughing

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not even in KH did she do that! What was that even? No respect, you guys, no respect Laughing

She mentioned in an interview that her voice has dropped a bit since originally getting the role and it does sound like that. What's weird is that it's higher in the princess franchise stuff, though, when it should be even lower than that.
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's just horrible XD.

Wow really? It didn't seem as high to me in the Peacock Princess thing, then again I haven't really been paying attention to the princess line in years Laughing. The only place I remember it being high was like the beginning of ROJ--oh and KH 2. But to be honest I had beef with the writers about that whole episode Rolling Eyes She would not call the guards she'd attempt to strangle Iago and Sora would have to hold her back Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a caption yesterday while picture surfing that said Lea was the speaking voice for Mulan. Nooooooo Laughing

"SORA! DONALD! GOOFY!" - too hiiiiiiigh omg.

Yeah, she would have thrown something at him, at least Laughing
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD Wooow fail.

I know I was like, "Umm did they go switch voices on me?" until my brain registered it was still her it was just that her voice was high. But I think KH in general has a few issues ( dude, how does he offer to take Beast with him and NOT let Aladdin come rescue Jasmine? I was so mad Evil or Very Mad ) with keeping true to the films. I've just given up Razz

...Now I wanna draw that Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Close, but no dice Laughing

Nothing made me go "WTF" more than when Aladdin was about to HIT Abu for stealing in KH2. No. Not in a million years would he do that.

She'd throw Donald Laughing Laughing
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Omg what? Shocked When was this? *hasn't played the game in forever*

LOL yes! I've decided, this is gonna get drawn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum