Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Darren Criss and Lea Salonga Serenade Alan Menken
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Darren Criss and Lea Salonga Serenade Alan Menken

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:31 pm    Post subject: Darren Criss and Lea Salonga Serenade Alan Menken Reply with quote

Conferences are pretty boring, even when they’re packed full of award-winning music and TV folks. But on Monday, guests in a panel with famous Disney composer Alan Menken were treated to a special treat when ‘Glee‘ famer Darren Criss took the stage to perform a modified medley of mouse tunes.

Criss’ appearance was a surprise to everyone at the Billboard/Hollywood Reporter conference, but it was especially poignant for Mr. Menken, who once gave the young hopeful — now a ‘Glee’ superstar — a $100 tip after he saw him perform a few Disney tunes in a coffee shop.

“How many Oscars can one bastard hold?” Darren sang, mimicking the famous line from ‘The Little Mermaid’ and referring to Menken. “He’s got verses and bridges aplenty / Want an original song for your movie? He’ll write 20.”

Menken has charted scores for Disney’s famous mermaid flick, but also ‘Beauty and the Beast’ and ‘Aladdin.’ On Monday, Criss invited Lea Salonga — who was the voice of the real Jasmine — to the stage to sing his version of ‘A Whole New World,’ which was undoubtedly the icing on the cake for the ‘Glee’ celeb as well.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=n9TryXu4FUE

I hear Darren is actually a big Aladdin fan, too. This must have been heaven for him Laughing

Last edited by AladdinsGenie on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God this made my day. I've totally been fangirling him since A Very Potter Musical. Laughing In the sequel Harry's patronus was Genie and I read somewhere that he was his favorite Disney character. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum