Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Best Episode Per Character
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Episode Per Character
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Best Episode Per Character Reply with quote

Typing in a pretty color, la la la.

Anyway, the question that I'm asking is this: what do you think is the best episode for different characters in the series? Could be the gang characters, important side characters, recurring villains, whatever. Give a reason if you'd like, yadda yadda.

Aladdin: I'm going to go with "Raiders of the Lost Shark". I like seeing Aladdin wrestling with his greed, ambition, love for Jasmine- he's quite conflicted here, and I really think it suits him to be going through some issues. This is also the biggest episode between Aladdin and Cassim, and realize that Aladdin really had the potential to do the same thing Cassim did, but turned away.

Genie: "Genie Hunt". I love him in this episode! I love the conversation he has with Gebraic. "Gustav the Wooly Mammoth!" Genie's relationship with Aladdin becomes a bit competitve here, which is always nice, and his fear that Aladdin wouldn't respect/care for him as much is touching. This is one of the few episodes where we get the realization driven in that Genie will out live nearly everyone he is friendly with.

Iago: "Sneeze the Day". I love any episode where we get a bit of character background, and the whole story about the village and the clam chowder cracks me up. Aside from that, I love Iago's taken identity, I adore his little song while trying to avoid the journey, I like his comments to Aladdin in the cavern... Iago carries this entire episode.

Abis Mal: "Smolder and Wiser". Abis manages to crack me up a few times here, something I don't do during every episode he's in. The rambling about entrances, the curse, the whole "fat one" and "baldness" thing and his reactions to it are hilarious.

AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, Aladdin and Jasmine are going to go together sorta.

Aladdin- "The Return of Malcho" I said this one because (like many other episodes) it shows that no matter how often he saves the city and people of Agrabah, he will always be known as a street rat. I see him always saving the city from all the dangers that lurk and keeping it safe as him trying to prove to the people that he'll someday rule over that he can do this; this as in run the city and protect the people even though he was once a street rat. Almost as if he is building up his resume so people can look at him and be like, "That's why he is sultan. Not just because he married the princess." But when he is given the chance in TRoM, everyone takes it as "What does a street rat know about being sultan?" He was put in a position and in a world that he knows hardly anything about. The guards and Iago keep telling him that some decisions is what the sultan would do in that case, but he has to learn to call his own shots and do what he think is best because he'll have to do it on his own someday. He knows he can't get rid of his past, but he is trying to use it to help keep the city safer. By doing so he still gets called "street rat." Any episode having to deal with Aladdin and political affairs or situations I love.

Jasmine-"Riders Redux" I like this one because it shows what is expected of her when she is put in a higher position of power. It kinda reflects back to what she said in the movie when she said that can't do a thing on her own-even run the city, apparently. She was forced to lock up Aladdin because it was what her father would have done. Even after she said he was loyal to Agrabah and only fooling Zorasto, the ambassadors still got what they wanted out of her by using threats of war and she knows she has to put her people first. Everyone wants her to do what the sultan would do just like in TRoM when everyone wanted Aladdin to do what the sultan would do. Eventually she takes charge under her own command and does what she wants to do and what she thinks is best. I'm guessing everyone thinks that with a stubborn princess and a former streetrat in the process of becoming future rulers, the city might get a little chaotic and out of hand. So they try to keep the idea of running the city like the sultan in their heads. She has lots of great moments in the series, but I like this one because of the conflicts in it.

Genie- "Some Enchanted Genie" It's funny that Sammy brought up the fact that Genie will out live everyone that he's ever been close to. That's a part of why I like this ep for Genie. It must be pretty hard to out live everyone you have ever loved or were friends with for thousands of years. With Eden in the picture, he'll have someone he can be with after everyone dies and won't be so lonely like he was before. Plus, Eden rocks! Although I don't like how they make plans for a date after Dhandi dies right there in front of her Sad

Think of more for the other characters later!
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
Genie- "Some Enchanted Genie" It's funny that Sammy brought up the fact that Genie will out live everyone that he's ever been close to. That's a part of why I like this ep for Genie. It must be pretty hard to out live everyone you have ever loved or were friends with for thousands of years. With Eden in the picture, he'll have someone he can be with after everyone dies and won't be so lonely like he was before. Plus, Eden rocks! Although I don't like how they make plans for a date after Dhandi dies right there in front of her Sad

I'm toying with a theory that that wish made Dandi immortal as well... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
AladdinsGenie886 wrote:

I'm toying with a theory that that wish made Dandi immortal as well... Very Happy

Thinking about it, that makes quite a bit of sense. That thought never came to me before. Hmmm...

Anyway, I'm going to do a few more characters:

Jasmine- I'm going to go with AG and pick "Riders Redux". This episode is one of the few when she really has to choose between her people and what's best for them and her love for Aladdin. Her willingness to put her life on the line to make sure Aladdin has time to work his "magic" shows her undying faith in him, and her desperation to avoid war with the ambassadors show that his is mindful enough to quell her emotions for the sake of the cause. This isn't really related to Jasmine, but I love that we can also see some of Aladdin's growth in this episode- in "Bad Mood Rising", he was upset and angry when Jasmine put the kingdom's safety before her relationship with him; in this episode, he understood fully and was willing to sit in the dungeon if it meant keeping Agrabah safe.

John Kerry.... er, I mean Mechanicles- "I Never Mechanism I Didn't Like" . For me, Mechanicles is a character that ranges from extremely annoying (most of his episodes) to extremely entertaining ('Mechanism"). This episode contains his most logical plot, and the fact that he actually manages to manipulate Aladdin and Jasmine makes it interesting. If only he had done the plan when Genie was away visiting Napoleon. Very Happy John Edwards... I'm sorry Greg (damn typos today!) is funny and actually reminds me a bit of some of the annoying people I know.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:

John Kerry.... er, I mean Mechanicles-
John Edwards... I'm sorry Greg (damn typos today!)

LOL, biggest. Inside. Joke. Ever.

I never thought about Dhandi being immortal. That means both Eden and Genie have at least one immortal master out there. Heck, Dhandi might even be their child later on.
Sadira
Hero

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody Very Happy I just wanted to comment on something that AG wrote. I recall Jasmine saying that she`s NEVER done anything on her own,but not CAN`T. I know that I`m being picky,but there`s a method to my madness.I`m not picking on AG. I think Jasmine was saying that she wasn`t free to be independent.She complains about not being able to go beyond the palace walls.Feel free to over look my meaningless chatter. Wink
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we certainly know that Jasmine's capable- she just never had opportunities prior to the first film. Thus, she's couldn't do it, because she was never given an ample chance. I'm sure she had confidance enough to believe that she could - the only problem was convincing Sultan, Jafar, Rasoul and other palace heads that she had the capability.
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*claps at Salukfan's signature* That was my fault. Very Happy

What about best episode for character interaction? I know everyone hates Shark Treatment, but we rarely get to see Genie and Iago interact without Aladdin around to balance them out. It gets pretty crazy Very Happy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marisa wrote:
What about best episode for character interaction? I know everyone hates Shark Treatment, but we rarely get to see Genie and Iago interact without Aladdin around to balance them out. It gets pretty crazy Very Happy

I like "Mission: Imp-Possible" for the same reason. That, and the Bog of Forgetfulness. Very Happy

SalukFan wrote:
the only problem was convincing Sultan, Jafar, Rasoul and other palace heads that she had the capability.

I think it's more that, even if she's good, there's a good chance she could get hurt...

AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
SalukFan wrote:

John Kerry.... er, I mean Mechanicles-
John Edwards... I'm sorry Greg (damn typos today!)

LOL, biggest. Inside. Joke. Ever.

Hmm, does that make Bush and Cheney Abis Mal and Haroud? Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Calluna

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now to actually answer the question! I'm only doing a couple now; I still need to think about the rest...

Iago: "Hero With a Thousand Feathers" - Like "Sneeze the Day", you get a little bit about his past. But more importantly, IMO, this is where he actually changes. Fasir as good as tells him that he'll go to Hell if Amok kills him. And at the end, when he gives Genie the credit: heck, that's more than I could have done. Close seconds would have to be "Scare Necessities" and "Fowl Weather". Actually, Iago's got a lot of good episodes... Wink

Abu: "Seems Like Old Crimes, Part 1" - "Much Abu About Something" is supposed to be Abu's big episode, but I think this is a better ep for him. We learn why he's a thief, how he met Aladdin... and I think why he was suspicious of Jasmine at first. I mean, considering how Minos treated him before and after Fatima criticised Abu... yeah, I don't blame him for thinking women are trouble. Confused
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:

Hmm, does that make Bush and Cheney Abis Mal and Haroud? Cool

Bravo! A million Denari for you! Very Happy But I must know, whatever would give you that idea? Wink

As for Marisa's question, my personal favorite character interaction moments are Jasmine and Merk in "Raiders of the Lost Shark", Abis Mal, Iago and Haroud when Abis is trying to figure out who he hates that is blue and magical in TDTBSS "Don't help him," Aladdin and Rasoul in "Destiny on Fire", Aladdin and Captain Al Butross in "Plunder the Sea", Iago and squirt in "Scare Necessities", and Brawnhilda and Aladdin in "Stinkerbelle."

Overall, I like how everyone interacted in "The Wind Jackels of Mozenrath", "The Way We War", "The Spice is Right" and "Fowl Weather."

Ok, now for the original question...

Iago-"Hero With A Thousand Feathers" I love this episode for Iago. The whole bit about him locking his conscience up so he can corner the falafel market is genius. I have something to say about him letting Genie take the credit for defeating Amuk, but I can't really gather my thoughts on what I want to say at the moment. It'll come to me eventually.

Abu-"Air-Feathered Friends" I like how Abu was willing to risk his own freedom to save the baby roc. He knows how it feels to be "trapped" in more ways than one and used for someone else's plots. Abu has some great moments, but I like that one in particular. He was learning more and more to put others before himself without hesitation and do what's right. Although, he still has a long way to go to work on his kleptomania. I think he steals stuff just to see if he can. Plus, it's hard to get rid of a habit that you've done for so many years.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The in-joke is out of the bag and the origin of my signature is out. Oh, I feel so exposed. Very Happy

Best for character interaction?

Amin/Iago/Squirt - Scare Necessites",

Zorasto/Aladdin/Jasmine- "Riders Redux".

Aladdin/Sultan - "A Sultan Worth His Salt"

Iago/Genie: "Power to the Parrot" & "Mission: Imp Possible"

Iago/Rasoul: "A Sultan Worth His Salt"

Jasmine/Iago: "Do the Rat Thing"

Alright, so I can't pick a favorite- there's so many!
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sultan's best episode, in my opinion, was Garden of Evil. Well, that and A Sultan Worth his Salt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, the sultan. Everyone's favorite senile ruler. I like From Hippsodeth, With Love.
"That triple decker equals one quadruple by-pass."
"Qu..da..what?"

Bondage and M&M's!
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Bondage and M&M's!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sultan's best episode... I'm going with "From Hippsodeth, With Love" as well. I like the whole idea of him wanting love; I think it's sweet. I just wish they would have given us some clue of it working out, like having Hippsodeth at Aladdin/Jasmine's wedding or something. The ending kind of creeps me out (both for hideous black ankles and suggestive statements), but I love it. 3rd favorite episode ever.

Mirage: "In the Heat of the Fright". Poor Mirage: the woman has some bad episodes. Some of her episodes are fantastic, though, and I think this is one of them. I love her speech to the fire cats, her way of manipulating Genie, the Jasmine ruse (geez, a lot of villains pretend to me Jasmine at some point: Iago, Jafar, Mirage, Mozenrath), and I think Morbia is just an awesome place. I love Bebe's voice here, and the whole idea of how terrifying she is really plays well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum