Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Blu-Ray Spring 2013!!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blu-Ray Spring 2013!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Blu-Ray Spring 2013!! Reply with quote

Insert from the upcoming Lady and the Tramp Blu-Ray, posted at DVDizzy.com.

Reports of Aladdin no longer being part of whatever new "prestige" collection Disney's been releasing appear to have been greatly exaggerated! Smile
lisa jane
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2013?!

I thought it was supposed to be released late this year on blu-ray...
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone was assuming that. Like I said before, it's a natural assumption to make, but Disney doesn't always honor anniversaries.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, also, changing this post to an announcement so the world can see it! Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have to wonder what made them change their minds, though, because that wasn't originally part of the line up at all. Maybe they figure we're far enough away from politics to have it on the shelves again? At any rate, I have a year to get a blu-ray player fml Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just spamming this thread now, but does that mean a possible 3-D theatrical release is being planned? That would be so sexy.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder if it has any new special features!! I can't imagine what else they'd release!
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww so disappointed at a delay Sad Hopefully it has good special features.

Looking at my blu-ray player sadly...
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad we won't get it this year, but really happy Disney have kept it in the Diamond Collection.

It's definitelty slipped though as Aladdin Platinum edition came out a year after TLK Platinum Edition. Cinderella has moved forward a year!

In the last cylce Bambi was before Cinderella (moved to before TLK for Diamond Edition) and Lady was before TLM (moved to before Cinderella). So Aladdin now fills the spring gap and TLM remains the fall release for next year. Sadly this means we may not get a 3D re-release (TLM is already scheduled as 2013's 3D re-release) but then again until now we weren't getting a Diamond Edition either so anything is possible! Just keep wishing and it may happen!
Ariellen
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Everyone was assuming that. Like I said before, it's a natural assumption to make, but Disney doesn't always honor anniversaries.

I think it's more, "Disney honors anniversaries, but not always in the RIGHT year." Wink I wouldn't at all be surprised if they slapped a "20th Anniversary" label on the new edition. I remember the last Lady and the Tramp DVD and Beauty and the Beast in IMAX were both stamped with anniversary editions slightly belatedly. The White Rabbit must head these decisions.
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All right! Between this, the Superman movie, and Mermaid 3D I'm psyched for 2013 Very Happy
Scourge of the Desert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Disappointing news from DVDizzy.com:

September 26, 2012 - An insert inside Cinderella's upcoming combo pack reveals that Aladdin has been bumped either from its spring 2013 Blu-ray release date or the Diamond Collection altogether. Peter Pan is now scheduled for a Blu-ray debut next spring, with The Little Mermaid confirmed to follow in the fall. Another booklet advertises the upcoming Blu-ray debuts of The Absent-Minded Professor & Son of Flubber: 2-Movie Collection, Pollyanna, Babes in Toyland, and Flubber (15th Anniversary Edition). No dates are given, but at least some of those are anticipated to be in stores by year's end.

Crying or Very sad
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE NICE THINGS?! I was looking forward to that, ugh! Mad
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, looking at the information I'm seeing, one of two things is going to happen:

1. It's been bumped back to a 2014 release so they can bring it back to theaters, as well. With BATB and Finding Nemo under-performing in their 3-D releases, they're probably doing the same thing they did to us during the IMAX releases back in the early 2000s. The Little Mermaid goes next in the fall with a Blu-ray release + 3-D release. If that under-performs as well, we probably won't get a 3-D release and they'll just give us the blu-ray. I guess I'm okay with taking that chance if there's a 3-D release involved, but if it's just being bumped back all so Peter Pan can go first and generate quick revenue without the promise of a 3-D release, I'll be very, very mad. Germany seems to be on track to get a blu-ray release, so when we're getting one is still up in the air.

2. It'll still come out spring 2013, it just won't be a Diamond Edition. It'll be a late anniversary edition, which I don't want because it probably won't have anything new on it and everyone can just hold on to their platinum editions. Aladdin's transfer was so good, there's no point in getting the same things over again unless you want a little higher quality audio.
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Out today in the UK Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum