Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Forum is now back up!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Forum is now back up!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should the forum move to its own site?
No, I'd rather it stayed where it is
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Yes, please move it
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Either way is fine
42%
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 8:13 am    Post subject: Forum is now back up! Reply with quote

I've fixed the problem that was preventing posting on the forum and it is now working again. I'm so sorry for the long downtime; I really don't have a good excuse for it. Thanks everyone for being patient with me...

In the next few days I will be updating the forum to a newer version to make it more secure and reduce spamming, so if it is suddenly unavailable again or looks different, that will be why. I'm also considering possibly moving the forum to its own separate server host so I won't need to keep up with code updates or worry about hackers taking down the whole site through the forum. (I guess partly this will depend on how well this code update goes, LOL) What do you guys think about this?
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering, will the website design still look the same if you move it? Also, will the web address be the same?

Anyway, thanks for fixing the error Smile And just in time for the new year, too! You're so industrious Very Happy Actually, I didn't mind waiting. Don't be too hard on yourself! I didn't notice the board was down until a few weeks ago, because I haven't visited in a while. I'm sure you've been very busy as well - as you should be. You're setting a good example by proving disney fans are also grown ups when they're not doing fandom stuff Laughing Happy new year to you! Smile
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I support either decision. Whatever makes lives easier. Smile
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

APK wrote:
Just wondering, will the website design still look the same if you move it? Also, will the web address be the same?

Just to clarify, I'm just talking about the forum, not the rest of the site. (At least for now; I'll need to think what to do about the library and wiki next.) If I move it it will probably look different, although I will try to match the current site design (the brown one) as best I can. Of course it will change anyway when I update the code until I'm able to update the template. But if anyone wants me to try to keep it the current colors or do something different I'm open to suggestions. Smile

(Now after I type that I realize you might be talking about the way the forum is laid out, not the colors, banner, etc. That part should stay the same, but, again, open to suggestions. Smile )

APK wrote:
Anyway, thanks for fixing the error Smile And just in time for the new year, too! You're so industrious Very Happy

That's a joke, right? Laughing

APK wrote:
Actually, I didn't mind waiting. Don't be too hard on yourself! I didn't notice the board was down until a few weeks ago, because I haven't visited in a while. I'm sure you've been very busy as well - as you should be. You're setting a good example by proving disney fans are also grown ups when they're not doing fandom stuff Laughing Happy new year to you! Smile

Thanks! Happy New Year!
APK
Sinister Snack Fairy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Now after I type that I realize you might be talking about the way the forum is laid out, not the colors, banner, etc. That part should stay the same, but, again, open to suggestions. Smile

I was talking about the colors and banner for the forum and the way it's laid out. I just like the way the board is overall.

Quote:
That's a joke, right? Laughing

Nope, I seriously thought you planned to fix it by the new year because your message was posted on the 1st Laughing I thought the timing was your master plan Laughing It seems so much less epic now that I know it wasn't Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum