Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Cut Disney Songs
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cut Disney Songs
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:29 am    Post subject: Cut Disney Songs Reply with quote

I was just listening to MBM again and it got me thinking about the cut disney music. Besides the songs on MBM I know about the following demos:

The Little Mermaid
Kiss the Girl (only one verse was on MBM, full version must exist)

Beauty and the Beast
Belle (only one verse was on MBM, full version must exist)

Aladdin
Arabian Nights (original lyrics, omitted from MBM)
A Whole New World (left off MBM to make room for the unreleased songs)
Master of the Lamp (Menken and Rice, lost song)
My Time Has Come (Menken and Rice, never recorded)

The Lion King
Hakuna Matata (Timon's Verse)
Be Prepared Reprise (not sure if it's a demo or unreleased master)
Can You Feel the Love Tonight (Timon and Pumbaa Version)
Can You Feel the Love Tonight (Simba and Nala only Version)

Pocahontas
In the Middle of the River
If I Never Knew You (Unreleased Master)
If I Never Knew You Reprise (Unreleased Master)

The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Someday
In a Place of Miracles
As Long as There's a Moon

Anyone know of anymore? I've managed to find the Pocahontas and Hunchback ones, Be Prepared Reprise and Timon's verse from Hakuna Matata. I'm guessing that TLM, B+B and Aladdin songs that weren't on MBM aren't out there, and will never be released (I know the 2 lost songs can't be and omitted Arabian Nights will never be unless someone leaks it out, but the special edition of Al's soundtrack was such a wasted opportunity for AWNW demo!).

Also, has anyone heard of, or found, demos/unreleased songs from later films like Hercules, Mulan and Tarzan, or any or the earlier classics? Or even from the sequels? I'd love to know if any lost songs exist for ROJ or KOT!
Whilethecitysnoozes
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wait wait wait a moment... there's a Be Prepared reprise?? where did you find it? Shocked
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a version of "Be Our Guest" on the BatB DVD that is sung to Maurice rather than Belle. Smile

And IIRC, "Warthog Rhapsody" was supposed to be in TLK, wasn't it? I vaguely remember seeing storyboards, but I'm not sure.
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
And IIRC, "Warthog Rhapsody" was supposed to be in TLK, wasn't it? I vaguely remember seeing storyboards, but I'm not sure.
Yes, it was.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wanted them to keep Timon's part in Hukuna Matata /Timon Bias
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in the old script Evi bought there's an alternate version of "Count On Me"; I don't know if it was ever recorded.

I've got an old Entertainment Weekly that has a side piece about some of the cut Aladdin songs; it's got My Time Has Come listed, as well as something called My Finest Hour:

Quote:
"My Time Has Come" (Menken) Scene: Enter the villain, who recounts how hideous his life has been and how he is going to make everyone else miserable, too. Why it went: Too slow and introspective.

Quote:
"My Finest Hour" (Menken & Rice) Scene: Jafar pulls the earth into a ball and bats it around with the Genie. Sample lyric: My finest hour, the globe in thrall/The world's my plaything and I'll bounce it like a ball. Why it went: Directors decided it was too late in the movie for an extended showstopper for the villain.

That last one just seems... Shocked

Last edited by Calluna on Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Husse
Genie of da Pibb

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tetherball!

And yeah, on the DVD commentary, they mentioned having done nearly seven or so songs, we just get to hear the final product and two of the best demos...

NO YOU CAN'T!

YES I CAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilethecitysnoozes

Yeah it was originally going to go when Scar claimed Pride Rock. I have a real audio version and a quick time movie with the song to story boards. I have a slightly crackly mp3 version too, but it's not the best. Can't remember where I found them but all the files are small (even the mov is only about 1mb) so I can email them to you if you want.

xfkirsten and Jas

Yeah I over looked the early Be Our Guest as it's on MBM, but I'll have to look for Warthog Rhapsody! Thanks Very Happy

Calluna

Wow, I'd forgotten about those lyrics! Reminds me that the DVD versions of Count on Me, Humiliate the Boy and Why Me were all slightly different, especially Count on Me.

That's interesting about the Jafar songs! And yeah, "My Finest Hour" does seem very out there, maybe a little more like Second Rate (at least in imagery).

Thanks for all the replies guys!
LadyApocalymon
Elemental

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
maybe a little more like Second Rate (at least in imagery).

*shudders* That song...that horrible, horrible song...Speak not of it! [insert accompanying melodramatic gestures of your choice here]
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Yeah I over looked the early Be Our Guest as it's on MBM, but I'll have to look for Warthog Rhapsody! Thanks Very Happy

On the "Rhythm of the Pride Lands" CD there's a version of Warthog Rhapsody. I'm not sure how close it is to what was originally intended, but it's there! Smile
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's also on the LK Karaoke cd, though my sister and I can imitate Timon and Pumbaa than the two guys they paid to do it on there. Laughing
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris wrote:
Whilethecitysnoozes

Yeah it was originally going to go when Scar claimed Pride Rock. I have a real audio version and a quick time movie with the song to story boards. I have a slightly crackly mp3 version too, but it's not the best. Can't remember where I found them but all the files are small (even the mov is only about 1mb) so I can email them to you if you want.

yes please! Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The email's sent, let me know if they turn out ok!

Thanks xfkirsten, I'll have to look out for that CD now!
Whilethecitysnoozes
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad I didn't get your mail
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, yahoo's telling me the messeage is too large or your inbox is too full so we'll try this a different way.

*edited to remove email account info*

The bottom email has the 3 attachments

My uni email gives me loads of room for attachments so my girlfriend and I use this method all the time to trade music (mostly Disney).

Just let me know when you're done Very Happy

Last edited by Chris on Sat Mar 05, 2005 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum