Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Round 9: Fowl Weather vs Forget Me Lots
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Round 9: Fowl Weather vs Forget Me Lots
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which episode do you like better?
Fowl Weather
44%
 44%  [ 4 ]
Forget Me Lots
55%
 55%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 9

Hourglass
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Forget Me Lots" here. I liked how they put Aladdin and Jasmine up together and showed how good of a fighter she really was. I liked the line at the end, "It's not like you actually would have beaten me." ::Jasmine glares:: "Well, it woulda been close."

That was great, I am not the biggest fan of "GO GIRL POWER!", but this episode was quite good. Plus, it makes a reference back to the original movie with Carpet and the flower. **Even though it wasn't even the same kind of flower** And I like how Jasmine remembered the first date. But, it's kind of ironic, because wasn't that her birthday also?

MEESH AND MYSTICMEG'S COMBINED STORY!!!

Just another weird lil' fanfiction obsession of mine...
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hourglass wrote:
But, it's kind of ironic, because wasn't that her birthday also?

I don't think so. The sultan says you've only got three more days:
From early the next morning (like 4-5AM) when she runs away all the way until you see her crying with Rajah is one day.
(You can debate on what time Aladdin and Genie left the cave of wonders. It could be night or it could be dawnish considering the next time you see them on the oasis it's bright.) But, if you think it's dawn, from that point to the carpet ride is the second day.
And then from the Royal announcement to the end and happy ending stuff is the third day.

So either her birthday was on the day of the announcement, which would make some sense, the following day after the announcement, or the sultan meant you have three more days and then the following day is your birthday because we all know he is a senile old fool. Laughing
Hourglass
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Hourglass wrote:
But, it's kind of ironic, because wasn't that her birthday also?

I don't think so. The sultan says you've only got three more days:
From early the next morning (like 4-5AM) when she runs away all the way until you see her crying with Rajah is one day.
(You can debate on what time Aladdin and Genie left the cave of wonders. It could be night or it could be dawnish considering the next time you see them on the oasis it's bright.) But, if you think it's dawn, from that point to the carpet ride is the second day.
And then from the Royal announcement to the end and happy ending stuff is the third day.

So either her birthday was on the day of the announcement, which would make some sense, the following day after the announcement, or the sultan meant you have three more days and then the following day is your birthday because we all know he is a senile old fool. Laughing

Here's how I seen it. The very beginning of the movie w/ Jafar is one day. Then the day with Aladdin... that's day 2. Then we meet Jasmine, and she is told she has three more days. She runs away the next day, meaning that's the first of the three days. Then, the next day is when Aladdin is whisked away from the cave by Genie. The day Jafar gets chasticed by the Sultan for killing the boy without permission. That's the 2/3 day. Then the next day, the day Jafar proclaims he should be the one to marry Jasmine, the day that Aladdins shows up as Prince Ali... that's day 3/3.

I figure, when Genie gets Aladdin out of the cave, it's early morning.

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the part with sultan saying Jafar is going to marry Jasmine is still day two.
To be technical Laughing-

Jafar intro is at night, and Aladdin's entrance to the end of the "One Jump Ahead" reprise is one day. None of that counts as her actual time.

Sultan says you've only got three more days all the way to Iago's line "I shove the crackers down his throat." is another day. I'm sure went on more that night, but it doesn't show it since Jafar took the Mystic Blue diamond in the day time.

Day 1- Starts when she ran away early in the morning and ends when Jasmine tells sultan that Jafar has done something terrible. The lighting in the palace shows it's dark outside and I don't think she would have went to sleep crying like that.

Day 2- Starts when Genie busts Al out of the cave of wonders like (2-4AM) or something around that time and ends with the part where Jafar tells Iago he is going to take the lamp from Aladdin. The Carpet ride happened during that time, Jafar being chewed out by the sultan for killing someone without telling him (I figure he did this the morning of this day because the next scene after he and Iago are done laughing is the Oasis part) Jafar marrying her, etc.

Day 3-Starts with Aladdin telling Genie he can't set him free and goes all the way until the end of the movie. During this time is the royal announcement and when Jafar takes over.
Hourglass
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Well, the part with sultan saying Jafar is going to marry Jasmine is still day two.
To be technical Laughing-

Jafar intro is at night, and Aladdin's entrance to the end of the "One Jump Ahead" reprise is one day. None of that counts as her actual time.

Sultan says you've only got three more days all the way to Iago's line "I shove the crackers down his throat." is another day. I'm sure went on more that night, but it doesn't show it since Jafar took the Mystic Blue diamond in the day time.

Day 1- Starts when she ran away early in the morning and ends when Jasmine tells sultan that Jafar has done something terrible. The lighting in the palace shows it's dark outside and I don't think she would have went to sleep crying like that.

Day 2- Starts when Genie busts Al out of the cave of wonders like (2-4AM) or something around that time and ends with the part where Jafar tells Iago he is going to take the lamp from Aladdin. The Carpet ride happened during that time, Jafar being chewed out by the sultan for killing someone without telling him (I figure he did this the morning of this day because the next scene after he and Iago are done laughing is the Oasis part) Jafar marrying her, etc.

Day 3-Starts with Aladdin telling Genie he can't set him free and goes all the way until the end of the movie. During this time is the royal announcement and when Jafar takes over.

Right, we'll go with that. Makes sense to me, I guess... I think that I had it figured in my head wrong, because for a while, I thought Jasmine ran away at night... and that the next day in the marketplace was a new day. It takes awhile to think otherwhise... **I was a stupid lil' girl**... so yeah. You're right... sorry. Wink

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hourglass wrote:
I thought Jasmine ran away at night... and that the next day in the marketplace was a new day.

Well, I've got this little book called "Jasmine's story" that's told from her point of view and she says she ran away that morning. I believe it because I just don't see someone who has never been outside the palace spending a night on the streets of Agrabah. She can sleep outside untouched and unharmed from stuff like rape, but doesn't know you have to pay for an apple? Riiiight. In the book, it says she left that morning but rested in an abandoned stable which I can see happening, but then again not really. *Shrugs*
Hourglass
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Hourglass wrote:
I thought Jasmine ran away at night... and that the next day in the marketplace was a new day.

Well, I've got this little book called "Jasmine's story" that's told from her point of view and she says she ran away that morning. I believe it because I just don't see someone who has never been outside the palace spending a night on the streets of Agrabah. She can sleep outside untouched and unharmed from stuff like rape, but doesn't know you have to pay for an apple? Riiiight. In the book, it says she left that morning but rested in an abandoned stable which I can see happening, but then again not really. *Shrugs*

I don't have books like that. When I was like five or six... the last time I watched Aladdin for like 10 years... I thought that it was night at the palace, but day in the city. I didn't have much of a logical sense... and I just thought it was different for the palace and city. I need to read some of these books, they seem interesting.

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Very Happy But in any case, even if he didn't remember the carpet ride and the date, there's still all that other stuff that went on that I wouldn't have forgot. Not to mention her birthday is somewhere around that and him meeting Genie and carpet too. I bet he had one miserable week Wink Laughing
Hourglass
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I guess it's SO HARD to remember that it was a year ago, you had your first date w/ your fiance... then it was her birthday, and not to mention that you saved pretty much the world. I guess that's something that just easily slips your mind... Rolling Eyes

I don't think I could forget something like that. Let's face it, we expect guys to remember at least three things:
OUR BIRTHDAY
OUR FIRST DATE
OUR ANNIVERSARY

Now, 2/3 of those happen CONSECUTIVELY for Aladdin!!! How could he possibly forget. Not to mention it was the same time that he saved the world, found a magical Genie to give him anything he wanted, and a magic carpet... oh, and he wasn't poor anymore! C'mon Al... where's your head?! Cool

Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iago wrote:
im gonna have to go with FW because i have seen the transcript and heard clips of it and i really liked it .....must see it

I forgot the transcript links! Shocked *goes to edit first post*
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess he's fought so many monsters in that year that fighting Jafar has overshadowed that Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love them both! Crying or Very sad

...so I'm going to vote for Fowl Weather, so they'll be tied and both will go on to the next round. Twisted Evil
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bwa? Who else voted? Marisaaaaa! Evil or Very Mad
Dragonessa
Snarky Scientist

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, we can't let Fowl Weather lose! Vote, somebody... anybody!
Streetrat

Location: Florida (thanks alot baaadboy!! I love you though...)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

forget me lots!!! thats been my fave episode since i was but a wee little aladdin fan!! its definatly the best! come on what other time do you get to see jasmine in black with a sword?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum