Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Japanese Version of 'A Whole New World'
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Japanese Version of 'A Whole New World'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aggie
Streetrat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Japanese Version of 'A Whole New World' Reply with quote

Hello, I have a question. No, this isn't about requesting the song above. However, I was wondering if anyone knew the singers (both male and female) of this version. Sorry if this question is in the wrong place, but I would really like to know. Thank you very much. ^^
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, good question... Embarassed
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... I think on Kingdom Hearts, the actor who played Aladdin also played Ryoga Hibiki on Ranma... XDDD But that's probably really useless. I might not even be right.
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, really? I'll need to look that up sometime; I'm a huge fan of Ryoga, too. Laughing

And I just want to say if I haven't already that I love your icon. And if it was Iago circa "I'm Lookin' Out For Me" it would be even cooler. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have it for real: Aladdin's official Japanese voice (both speaking and singing) is Shin'ichirô Miki (Can also be spelled Shinichirou Miki). He's also the official voice of Sephiroth, though Seph didn't speak in the Japanese version of KH.
(I was wrong about the Ryoga thing-- that was Donald Duck's actor, not Aladdin's XD I couldn't help it, Ryoga reminds me of Al for some reason...)
Other roles Miki played are Kojiro (James) in Pokémon and Keisuke in Fushigi Yuugi.

Jasmine's japanese speaking voice is Kaori Asô (Asou). I don't know if she sings as well. Other roles include Blossom in the Powerpuff Girls (JP, of course) and Tikal in Sonic Adventure.

--

As for my avatar, I was actually looking for that one screenshot from "Shadow of a Doubt" where Iago fantasizes himself dressed as a Sultan XD But this was the closest I could get.

I actually got the quote from the bloopers of a Kenshin DVD. After that point, I decided it was the most hilarious thing in the world if used in the right context. :p
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Heather. Love the avater so funny. I just added that peticular picture to http://www.streetrat.net/iago/pics/page4.php
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All the nice avatars around here make mine feel really insignifigant. Smile
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Due to popular demand, and access to said screenshot (Thanks, Merkal!), I have created:

BLING BLING v2.0

Feel free to snatch it XD
Streetrat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aiie, thank you so much, Marisa! I *knew* his voice sounded familiar! I'm a fan of Shin'ichirô Miki and have heard him singing other songs.. but his name never reached my head. Sooo.. again, thank youu! ^^
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum