Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin DVD features and other info
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin DVD features and other info
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 11:57 am    Post subject: Aladdin DVD features and other info Reply with quote

Release Dates
Region 1 (USA) - Oct. 5, 2004
Region 2 (UK) - Oct. 4, 2004

Cover Art
Region 1 (USA)
Region 2 (UK)
Region 2 (France)
Region 1 Gift Set
Region 2 (French) Trilogy Box set
Disc 1
Disc 2

Disc One

Deleted Songs

-Enjoy never heard before songs exclusive to the DVD 'Proud Of Your Boy' (performed by Alan Menken),'Humiliate The Boy', 'Why Me' and 'You Can Count On Me'

Deleted Scenes
- Discover previously un-seen rare scenes, including 'Aladdin and Jasmine's First Meeting' and 'Aladdin in the Lap of Luxury'

Music and more
- Brand new music video, original storyreel and behind the scenes look at the deleted song, 'Proud Of Your Boy' performed by American Idol Clay Aiken and written by the award winning composers Howard Ashman and Alan Menken

- The whole family can sing along with the movies as the words pop up on the screen. There are three ways to watch; watch the whole movie with the lyrics on screen, choose your favourite song to watch, or just watch the songs played back to back

- Brand new music video of "A Whole New World" performed by 'Newlyweds' stars Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey

- Behind the scenes look at the video for 'A Whole New World'

- Original music video of 'A Whole New World' performed by Regina Belle and Peabo Bryson in 1992

Backstage Disney
- Listen in and discover the thoughts behind the film with special Filmmaker's and Animators' commentaries or watch the film in special 'trivia mode' with the Fun Fact Trivia Pack and learn all sorts of fun fact about the magical world of Aladdin

Disc Two

Games & Activities

- Disney's Virtual DVD Ride
With groundbreaking new technology, this Special Edition DVD includes a gravity-defying virtual DVD carpet ride. In all-new animation, this thrilling interactive game allows you to be transported on your own magic carpet ride high above the city of Agrabah on a quest to save the Princess Jasmine.

- Inside The Genie's Lamp Guided Tour
Iago couldn?t stand living with Jafar in his lamp, so he moved into the Genie?s lamp. We know that the Genie was trapped inside his ?itty bitty living space? for 10,000 years, but what we didn?t know is that he was quite the decorator. Come along as the Lamp takes Iago on an exclusive VIP tour of the place ? if you look really closely you may even see some Disney cameos making a re-appearance!

- Inside The Genie's Lamp Self Guided Tour
Now that you've seen the tour, explore the lamp on your own. But be careful what you click on, you never know what might pop up.

- The Genie World Tour
Join the Genie on a hilarious action-packed trip around the world and find out what he really got up to after he was freed by Aladdin at the end of the film.

- 3 Wishes Game
Would you like a wish granted? Come closer if you so desire. But beware, you never know who is really pulling the strings and deciding your fate

Backstage Disney
- A Diamond In The Rough
Go inside the studio and meet the people at Disney who brought the magic of Aladdin to life including a reunion of the producers, supervising animators, voice talent and film historian Leonard Maltin. The most comprehensive inside track of the making of the film is available to enjoy in three ways:

Your Wish Is Our Command Mode
Watch the making of show with your choice of additional bonus segments
Play All
Sit back, relax and enjoy the show
Making Of Index
Explore all of the bonus segments including interviews with the cast, how the characters were designed, when live actions meets animation and 'A Whole New World' - the recording sessions

Segments include:
Quote:
DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH SEGMENTS - FINAL - ARABIAN NIGHTS
REFLECTIONS ON BLACK FRIDAY
JAFAR GOES TO THE BIRDS
GILBERT GOTTFRIED: UP CLOSE AND AGGRAVATED
BEHIND THE MICROPHONE
PENCIL + COMPUTER: CREATING THE MAGIC CARPET
KEANE'S TEAM: REDESIGNING THE LEAD CHARACTER
A WHOLE NEW WORLD RECORDING SESSIONS
UNSUNG HEROES OF THE CLEAN-UP DEPT.
MASTER OF THE LINE: THE ART OF AL HIRSCHFELD
DESIGNING JAFAR
DESIGNING JASMINE
YOU TALKIN' TO ME? - THE VOICES OF ALADDIN
DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH - FINAL
A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH: SEGMENT C - THE MUSIC
A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH: SEGMENT D - THE ANIMATORS
A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH: SEGMENT E - VOICE TALENT
A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH: SEGMENT F - MADE YOU LOOK!
LEONARD MALTIN INTRODUCTION
ALAN MENKEN: MUSICAL RENAISSANCE MAN

- Art Review
Listen in as key artists give you insights into the magic of animating Aladdin

- Art Galleries
See original artwork from the various stages of film production

- Publicity
See the original theatrical trailer, posters and unused concepts along with trailers of The Return of Jafar and Aladdin and the King of Thieves (2 KoT trailers)

Sound and Video
- 1.66:1 anamorphic widescreen
- Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround Sound
- 5.1 Disney Enhanced Home Theatre mix
- THX Certified

Collector's Edition Box Set
Also includes:
- All-new sketches by the original animators.
- Actual film frame from the movie.
- DVD companion book.

Other information:

- The ALADDIN SPECIAL EDITION 2-DISC DVD is restored and remastered for this first-ever digital presentation ? giving the public a new and enhanced Aladdin experience with increased crispness and clarity. In
some instances characters were redrawn adding more facial detail to accommodate the sharper DVD image quality. Background colors in many scenes were enhanced both for color and for detail - all under the supervision of Disney Feature Animation and members of the original creative team.

Sources:
British Video Association
dvdanswers.com
DVDtimes.co.uk
Streetrat.net
UltimateDisney.com

Last edited by Calluna on Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:40 pm; edited 6 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was posted at the ultimatedisney.com boards; it's a listing of the video segments on the second disc, apparently from the British Board of Film Classification:

BBFC wrote:
00:00:58:18 | DISC TWO PREVIEW
00:03:12:06 | GENIUS WORLD TOUR - FINAL
00:02:41:18 | DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH SEGMENTS - FINAL - ARABIAN NIGHTS
00:03:21:06 | REFLECTIONS ON BLACK FRIDAY
00:03:09:16 | JAFAR GOES TO THE BIRDS
00:02:22:19 | GILBERT GOTTFRIED: UP CLOSE AND AGGRAVATED
00:01:46:12 | BEHIND THE MICROPHONE
00:03:08:04 | PENCIL + COMPUTER: CREATING THE MAGIC CARPET
00:04:28:02 | KEANE'S TEAM: REDESIGNING THE LEAD CHARACTER
00:04:23:20 | A WHOLE NEW WORLD RECORDING SESSIONS
00:02:22:08 | UNSUNG HEROES OF THE CLEAN-UP DEPT.
00:04:28:20 | MASTER OF THE LINE: THE ART OF AL HIRSCHFELD
00:02:06:22 | DESIGNING JAFAR
00:02:39:03 | DESIGNING JASMINE
00:10:06:15 | YOU TALKIN' TO ME? - THE VOICES OF ALADDIN
00:11:53:23 | DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH - FINAL
00:06:51:20 | A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH: SEGMENT C - THE MUSIC
00:13:27:11 | A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH: SEGMENT D - THE ANIMATORS
00:06:26:02 | A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH: SEGMENT E - VOICE TALENT
00:03:41:03 | A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH: SEGMENT F - MADE YOU LOOK!
00:01:20:03 | LEONARD MALTIN INTRODUCTION
00:19:53:19 | ALAN MENKEN: MUSICAL RENAISSANCE MAN
00:08:41:22 | ART REVIEW
00:08:41:24 | ART REVIEW FEATURETTE
00:02:38:21 | THEATRICAL TRAILER - ALADDIN
00:00:47:19 | CONSUMER TRAILERS - THE RETURN OF JAFAR
00:01:28:09 | ALADDIN AND THE KING OF THIEVES
00:01:28:06 | ALADDIN AND THE KING OF THIEVES

Thanks, Marco!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marisa
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know if all those songs going to be animated? Or are we just going to have audio there?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd guess the music and storyboards, like with the TLK cut songs. I'm not sure PoYB is even getting new animation anymore... Confused
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Disney channel brats aren't going to singing 'A Whole New World'?! YAY! Whoever made that decision, two thumbs way, way up. I much rather have Jessica and Nick sing it. *dances* Now let's hope they don't screw it up
*gets baseball bat out*

It looks like I am going to be busy October 5th. I might even take a day off from college just to play around on the DVD. What's more important? Schooling of stuff I know already, or playing around with special edition features that are new?
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
Those Disney channel brats aren't going to singing 'A Whole New World'?! YAY! Whoever made that decision, two thumbs way, way up. I much rather have Jessica and Nick sing it. *dances* Now let's hope they don't screw it up
*gets baseball bat out*

It looks like I am going to be busy October 5th. I might even take a day off from college just to play around on the DVD. What's more important? Schooling of stuff I know already, or playing around with special edition features that are new?

Were they actually taken off? Or just not mentioned recently?

I know my classes that day won't start til 10 am, so I'll be sitting at the doors to Best Buy when they open. Then I can carry the gift set box around in my backpack all day. At least I can enjoy it by osmosis since I won't be done with class to watch it until 6 pm. Sad

-Kirsten
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
*gets baseball bat out*

Were they actually taken off? Or just not mentioned recently?

I know my classes that day won't start til 10 am, so I'll be sitting at the doors to Best Buy when they open. Then I can carry the gift set box around in my backpack all day. At least I can enjoy it by osmosis since I won't be done with class to watch it until 6 pm. Sad

-Kirsten

Well....uh...I don't know. That's a good question. Nuts. Just when my hopes were up, evil doubt pops up. All I know is, they aren't mentioned in the afore above and I am happy.

As for the classes thing, that's sad. I'll be sure to play with the DVD a few times that day just for you Wink
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nick and Jessica: Yeah! Much better than the Disney Channel squirts!

I have two copies of the DVD pre-ordered (Disney Store and Giftset), so I hope I get them on the day it comes out! They're both on express shipping.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:

I have two copies of the DVD pre-ordered (Disney Store and Giftset), so I hope I get them on the day it comes out! They're both on express shipping.

Let me guess, you got the DVD from the store online because of the little beanies that come with it and the gift set for all the other good stuff?
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm tempted to wait and see if they're coming out with the trilogy box set on this side of the pond. Twisted Evil
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we'll at least get a case for them, like they did for Beauty and the Beast.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
SalukFan wrote:

Let me guess, you got the DVD from the store online because of the little beanies that come with it and the gift set for all the other good stuff?

Well, what do you think? Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SalukFan wrote:
AladdinsGenie886 wrote:
SalukFan wrote:

Well, what do you think? Laughing

Iago beanie in Disney Store DVD version, Iago drawing in Giftset. Hmm, I don't know what to think. It's simply baffling.
Jake Lipson
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calluna wrote:
I'm tempted to wait and see if they're coming out with the trilogy box set on this side of the pond. Twisted Evil

Don't wait. If Disney releases a trilogy box set, they will not include anything new in it that you can't buy seperately. Also, the trilogy set will not be available with the Aladdin collector's box. When/if the box set comes, it will feature the standard Aladdin Platinum DVD along with the sequels and a cardboard box around them. That's all.

And obviously it's your choice, but personally? I'd rather have the gift set and the DVD on October 5 than wait for a year (maximum, look how long it took TLK2 to come back out -- end of August -- after TLK last October) and get just the DVDs and no gift set stuff.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Calluna

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2004 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in that case... Wink

I never bought the BatB box set, so I don't know how these things work. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum