Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Naveen Andrews to play Jafar in ABC's new series
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naveen Andrews to play Jafar in ABC's new series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Naveen Andrews to play Jafar in ABC's new series Reply with quote

A Lost star is going on a magic carpet ride.

Naveen Andrews has booked his first major U.S. TV gig since the ABC cult hit ended in 2010 and it's one doozy of a role: Andrews will play classic Disney villain Jafar from 1992's hit animated film Aladdin on Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, debuting this fall on ABC. The new series' creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis, who worked on Lost, revealed the epic casting news at Once Upon a Time in Wonderland's Comic-Con panel on Saturday. Oh, and Andrews made a surprise appearance!

Kitsis described Jafar as a "very, very, very evil villain" and said their take on the character will be "very frightening." We. Can't. Wait.

Of taking on the role, Andrews said, "I hope it will be something like you've never seen before." Casting Andrews was a no-brainer for Kitsis and Horowitz; in fact, they wrote the role for him! "We absolutely had this character in mind and we knew we wanted Naveen to play it. We asked him he said yes and we said lets save it for Comic-Con," Kitsis explained.

Since Lost ended, Andrews starred in the UK series Sinbad. And he isn't the first Lost alum to star on one of Kitsis and Horowitz's Once Upon a Time series: Emilie De Ravin plays Belle, while Jorge Garcia guest-starred as the giant.

Once Upon a Time in Wonderland premieres Thursday, Oct. 8 on ABC.
Source

...soooo, does this mean Jafar is not appearing on Once Upon A Time like they said last year? Laughing

Last edited by AladdinsGenie on Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, but this has made me very happy...
Streetrat

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great news. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I was already excited to see this show. Now I'm twice as excited knowing that the series will have Jafar. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum