Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Full Cast Announced for Aladdin on Broadway
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Full Cast Announced for Aladdin on Broadway
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imekitty wrote:
AladdinsGenie wrote:
I'm trying to get Salukfan to go before they leave. Everyone convince her to go Laughing

Why does she need convincing? Is she or is she not an Aladdin fan? :b

(But I guess I do seem to recall that she likes KoT the most...?)

I am! And I do! And I totally pay attention to the forum, I swear! I never forget about it! Laughing

Seriously, though, I put things off for way too long in seeing this show. I'm planning to see it in the spring(before June, like I promised AG Laughing), so I'll miss Adam and James, but it's okay. Maybe I should stop procrastinating, though. Just a thought...

I also second the notion of KOT on Broadway. More songs for Cassim? Um, yes please. And all the Sa'luk things, his super dramatic backstory must be told! Laughing
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should just write the Broadway script for KoT ourselves and send it to Disney? I mean, who better than obsessed Aladdin fans, amirite?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I compose and orchestrate music for a living... I could totally do it if I got funding! Wink
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually taking a screen/script writing course to finish up my undergrad degree right now, so I can help in that way. Smile
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a musician, we have a writer... Anybody here fabulously wealthy? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
We have a musician, we have a writer... Anybody here fabulously wealthy? Laughing

Where's a genie when you need one? Very Happy
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing if we all pitch in a dollar a day for a year....
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we were kind of just joking, but let's make a pact that if we ever happen to live in the same place that we will make this happen! :D I would help with writing because that's all I really know how to do...

Extra songs to compose:

A solo song for Cassim
A solo song for Sa'luk (maybe about his past)
A solo song for Aladdin (not sure what about; he just needs one)
Duet for Jasmine and Genie (jk...or am I?!)
Duet for Razoul and Sultan (haha, I would love this)
Interpretative dance number for Carpet
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should make a pact! Plan to all meet in some random place years from now to work on this show.

Quote:
A solo song for Cassim

I agree with this one. Maybe it could be after he and Aladdin go back to Agrabah to introduce him to Jas and the sultan. I'm picturing it as a heartfelt, almost "I want" song, in which he demonstrates his regret/remorse for his past actions, but still keeping with his anti-heroic status in the film. I think if done correctly, it could really add some more emotional depths to his character.

Quote:
A solo song for Sa'luk (maybe about his past)

Learning about Saluk's past would be interesting, especially about how he came to be a member with the 40 thieves. I do think a solo that ties into the song "Are You In or Out", such as his jealous nature towards Cassim and his position as a notorious thief in that society, would be really fascinating to explore.

Quote:
A solo song for Aladdin (not sure what about; he just needs one)

Maybe like a reprise of "Out of Thin Air" with him reflecting on his life without a father figure. I'm picturing that song occurring after he finds out Cassim betrayed his trust to go and get the Hand of Midas again.

Quote:
Duet for Jasmine and Genie (jk...or am I?!)

As much as I love those characters, a duet between them would be... umm...weird. We already have that somewhat unnecessary scene of Genie trying to cheer Jas up, I don't think we need to add anymore oddness.

Quote:
Duet for Razoul and Sultan (haha, I would love this)

Shocked To be fair, I think giving Razoul a song where he can vent about how much his life sucks, like serving a former street rat and getting screwed over by practically every evil person that ever entered Agrabah, would be quite hilarious.

Quote:
Interpretive dance number for Carpet

YES!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the scene where Genie cheers up Jasmine could make for a good song. I also think the scene when Aladdin decides to go back to Agrabah would be a really great moment for a reprise of "Out of Thin Air," especially if it's a brief duet between the two of them.

I could be down for some subtle Sa'luk backstory. But villain backstories are hard to make original. They're usually "my parents died and/or sucked" or "my true love died and/or sucked" or "my kid died so everyone else must die." Razz I'd start around when he joined the thieves and avoid going further back.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some great points, Meesh. Especially the one about Aladdin deciding to, unlike Cassim, go back to Agrabah to own up to his mistakes. I always loved that scene in the movie. The only reason I would be a little apprehensive of a Genie and Jasmine song would be how it would be performed. I wouldn't want something too cutesy and cheesy, if that makes sense.

Speaking of villain backstories, is that maybe why Jafar's one of many villain songs, "Why Me?" ended up being cut from the first film? I know one of them (the name escapes me now) was regarded as slow and didn't really move the plot along, but I think this one took away from Jafar's evilness and made him into a woobie.

I'm with you: I want to know about Saluk's and Cassim's relationship when they joined the thieves. His jealousy towards Cassim is a main factor in his characterization and I want to know what happened in the past that made that happen.
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone, it's been a while.

Tonight is Courtney's final Broadway performance as Jasmine.

That's the sad news. The happy news is that she's finishing her run in LA, reuniting with Adam from 13 Jan - 18 Feb!

Just thought I should mention it in case anyone is in the LA area - it would be amazing to see the original Aladdin and Jasmine together again.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woooo - I'm going on Valentine's Day Very Happy

I got the cheapo nosebleeds because I saw it in NY already. But it'll be great! Adam Jacobs wasn't on the night I saw it in NY, so hopefully I'll get to see him this time around.
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!! Really hope you get to see them together!

I'm hoping to make it out for her final weekend but the only way I can afford to do it is going on standby flights (got a friend who works for American Airlines, owe him big time) so I'm just crossing my fingers they have any tickets left when I get there, up in the nosebleeds, standing room only, anything, since I won't know I'm going until I'm actually on the plane so I can't book show tickets as I might not be there!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooo - I saw them together, and it made a big difference!! Very Happy

I went with my boyfriend, who also loves Aladdin (although not nearly to the extent that I do). And he was very disappointed in how they cheapened the story and emotional effect by adding stupid humor and firing lines out without giving them time to land. During intermission, I told him I agreed with a lot of his points but to go into the second act accepting it for what it is and enjoy the fun, music, talent, and designs. It's not the movie - it's a fun musical. He said that helped Laughing

He was also fabulously annoyed by Courtney Reed's singing and gasp-breathing, which was way worse last night than it was when I saw her in New York. On the other hand, I felt that Adam Jacobs did better than he did in the album!

Otherwise, we had a great time, and I'm glad I got to see it again and with Adam Jacobs! (Also THESE LEGGINGS <3 )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum