Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Unanswered questons in the franchise
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unanswered questons in the franchise
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:39 pm    Post subject: Unanswered questons in the franchise Reply with quote

It has always bugged me how many unanswered questions are in the franchise. There are some very interesting things like the relationship between Phasir and Mirage, Aghoul, the Destiny Stone, the Cave of Wonders (someone had to create it, because I don't think Gebaric was a diamond in the rough), the witches of the sand, the Mukhtar race, Chaos, Ethereal and the list goes on. Even Genie's past could be interesting to see.

(Note: If some of these questions are answered in books or comics then sorry, I haven't read them and I don't think I could find any of them in my country.)

I know there are fanfics (and some of them are pretty good I have to admit) and I try to think and come up with ideas for these questions too but they are not canon and that's what really bugs me.

Maybe I shouldn't take it seriously, because it's a Disney franchise, but I just can't. This franchise is too dear to me to just overlook these things. And to be honest i don't want to belive that they just came up with these elements and didn't think through them better just because it's a cartoon.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Disney is far more consciously aware of these kind of details now as they sort of just gave you whatever back in the day that made for an interesting story, as opposed to today where they're far more strict over the information that drops today since growing their characters into franchises instead of movies. I think the only thing from that list that gets brought up in books is Genie's past. Most of the characters from the series don't make it to other media outside of the episodes.
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, that's sad. Sad (Why Disney, why?!)

Could someone tell me about Genie's past in the books in PM? I'm really want to know as much as possible.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't have to PM it. I'd like to read that too Smile

The one that bothered me the most was the (*edit) Phasir-Mirage thing. Every time I watch the end of "Eye of the Beholder," the hopeless romantic in me dies a little.

Mozenrath's loose ends bother me too. He defeated Destane, but made some pretty careless mistakes with Aladdin. Not to mention some of the impossible escapes he presumably makes between episodes.

Last edited by Meesh on Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mozenrath... yeah. He did some careless mistakes and for how did he always escape? I don't have any logical idea for that exspecially with the one when he was trapped in the Cristal of Ix. Did someone help him or he got out by himself? Maybe the Mamlucks helped him to escape and find his gauntlet? Who knows.

The Phasir-Mirage love thing could have worked out, if they had explained a bit better. Maybe it was in a lost episode? I remember that in While the City Snoozes, Mirage said that she will return one last time, but it never happened. What happened to her?

There's also Fate I was wondering about. Chaos mentioned him in the series, so maybe he created the Destiny Stone? If it yes then why? Maybe he put his powers in that stone for some reason and now he's just immortal and sees everyone's fate?
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zitagirl wrote:
Oh, that's sad. Sad (Why Disney, why?!)

Could someone tell me about Genie's past in the books in PM? I'm really want to know as much as possible.

It's hardly ever consistent and it's mostly about his power as a genie and how it works, but give me a few days and I'll go through my books to see what they say.
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
It's hardly ever consistent and it's mostly about his power as a genie and how it works, but give me a few days and I'll go through my books to see what they say.

Thank you, thank you! I really appreciate it. Very Happy
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Soooooo, I got a new book around the time this post was made that had Genie in it, so I said "okay, I'll add this to the pile of books to check for Genie canon on his past"....but I haven't done it yet and that new book is still sitting here unread Laughing

So I haven't forgot about this post, I just haven't had time to comb through these books as they're each mini novels (it's mostly the comic books I'm needing to check because I know there's a bit about his past in that series box set that came out years ago (http://www.amazon.com/Disneys-Aladdin-Series-Six-Books/dp/B0019SFPYS) and maybe the further adventure books 1-4).
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never thought that you had forgotten. We all have life outside this messageboard. Smile
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

... Yeah... Totally... Lives... Rolling Eyes
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of Genie, I was watching the film the other day and it made me wonder, did we ever learn what was written on the lamp?

It was never said in the film and if it was mentioned in the series then I've forgot Embarassed
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I remember only Gebraic said something about it:
Listen sonny, you got it all backwards: A genie is a servant, a possession.
They never really said what was written on the lamp, but I think it would be about that the magical being within the lamp will grant their desires whoever rubs the lamp or something like that.

I think the reason why it was never mentioned was the fact that it was written in an ancient language, which only Genie knows. I mean if the lamp was created at least 26,000 years ago (read somewhere from AladdinsGenie) it's impossible that it was written in the same language what they used in Aladdin's time.
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still upset about Mozenrath never showing up again.

Granted they'd have to get a new voice actor, but didn't they have this whole thing planned out where KOT was going to be about him and Aladdin being brothers?

I dunno, the older I get the more I appreciate Mozenrath Laughing He's so snarky.
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible Mozenrath exaggerated or omitted parts of the story. Mozenrath now has Destane's magic (presumably the gauntlet), but what about before Destane was overthrown? How did Mozenrath commit regicide w/out any magic?

About KoT, I read somewhere Disney couldn't get in touch w/ Mozenrath's voice actor, and they wanted to steer away from the TV series (even though KoT was supposed to end the series, but I digress). Which is a shame. I like Cassim, but I wish Disney included Mozenrath in KoT too. I'd love to see how Aladdin would cope w/ that.

Mozenrath's backstory aside, I have many unanswered questions:

1. What's w/ Mirage and Phasir?
2. Why did Mirage become a bad guy?
3. What happened to Jasmine's mother?
4. Was Destane a good guy or a bad guy?
5. Why was Sa'luk Cassim's second-in-command?
6. Will Mozenrath die unless he stops using the gauntlet?
7. If Cassim is Mozenrath's father, then who's his mother?
8. Why is Sadira a street mouse?
9. Will Arbutus come back?
10. Did Jafar end up in hell?
11. Oh, and while we're on the subject, how did Jafar end up in the Greek Underworld in Hercules and the Arabian Night?
12. Why does Genie now have semi-phenomenal nearly cosmic powers as opposed to phenomenal cosmic powers?
13. Why does every kid look like Aladdin in the series? xD
14. Why doesn't Jafar have any powers before he used his second wish?

I don't expect any of these questions to be answered, but I guess that's why we have fanfiction. xD
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pay to see a Mozenrath movie. I know they'd never make it but still...there's lots of story--like his apprenticeship with Destane, maybe the brother thing...

I dunno if you guys are familiar with Dane Dehaan but his voice reminds me of Jonathan Brandis's a lot. Even his character in the Amazing Spider-man--the entire time I was thinking of how good of a Mozenrath he would make.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum