Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Finally going to DW!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Finally going to DW!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:31 pm    Post subject: Finally going to DW! Reply with quote

Umm.. I know this sounds sad... but I'm going to Disneyworld for the first time next week.

Suggestions? Tips? The sorts?

Thanks!
~mEeSh><>
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been several times - what kind of stuff do you want to know?
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh God, where do I start? Laughing

-Bring an umbrella cause Florida has screwy weather.
-Fast past stuff as much as possible.
-If you don't want to pay the prices for all that food, stop at the walmart right outside of Orlando and pick up on food and stuff like that to keep in your hotel. It saves a lot of money.
-Do a lot of the popular and big attractions early in the morning because the lines can get super long.

For Aladdin related activites:
-GO SEE PHILARMAGIC!!! Ours is the best because it feels like you are flying through Agrabah because of how they have the wind blowing in your face.
-Go to Adventureland located inside of The Magic Kingdom, go ride the magic carpets, shop at the bazaar, go see Iago in the Enchanted Tiki Room *ducks from Kirsten*, and if you are there at a good time, go take a picture with Jasmine, Aladdin and Jafar. There's this Cinderella show that takes place in front of the castle with Genie and Jafar in it. After the show, Genie comes out for you to take pictures with him. If he comes out in the same spot as before, immediately after the show, go to the right near the little pagoda thing. You know it when you see it. I did that and was second in line. Booyah! Laughing
-Aladdin and Jafar is in the magic kingdom parade in the day and Genie is in the spectro magic parade at night.
-If you go to MGM studios, Aladdin and Jasmine are in the car parade there.
-They are also in Morrocco (which I order you to go to Laughing ) at Epcot. You'll feel like you are walking through Agrabah, I swear.
-You can also go to the virtual magic carpet ride at Downtown Disney, but it costs like 25 bucks to get in to the whole thing.

If you want to catch all the shows in the Animal Kingdom with no waiting around, go to the first showing of The Festival of the Lion King, then head over to Pocahontas (if you want to see it. It's rather boring and meant for 3 year olds. My 14 year old sister still owes me 25 minutes of life for making me sit through that.), and then run over to Tarzan Rock (which is the sweetest thing ever). All of these should be first showings.

Oh, and go to the night shows. They are awesome. Go see Wishes! Just go...do stuff Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, AG! You should write a book or something! Thanks!
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, I should just go back and live there Laughing . My brain turned into a video camera when I went there, so I remember just about everything.
Vortex Dragon
Elemental

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never been there, hopefully next time i go to Florida i can go. Cool

"When in doubt, post new topics" - Moi
Cheese Grater
Streetrat

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sigh* I've never been there either. I've never really gone anywhere...No where out of Canada-even. I'm not what one would call, "rich". I'll probably never go until after collage and stuff...

But I used to have a friend that's been there and she had a book of autographs...*shifty eyes* Oh! Hug the dude who's playing Aladdin for me! Razz

Have fun! Very Happy
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heehee! I know that place like a lived there or something!

*cricket chirp*

Laughing

Hmmm... my best advice...

-Don't miss Fantasmic at Disney-MGM Studios. AWESOME show, one of the best on property! But do get there early, like they reccommend. I'd say at least half an hour, maybe close to an hour before showtime if you want the best seats

-At Pirates of the Caribbean, when you first go into the building, the line may split in two. If the left side is not chained off, go that way. I've walked past a half hour wait before because people don't know the left side is there. Laughing

-At EPCOT, don't miss Illuminations! That's the best fireworks show I've ever seen. Catchy music, and very impressive synched fireworks.

-The shortest line to meet Mickey that I know of is at Disney-MGM Studios, on Mickey Avenue. Even during the busy summer, the longest I ever waited was about 20 minutes. He's usually in his Sorcerer outfit there, too, or at least he was when I was there.

-At Animal Kingdom, try to do Kilimanjaro Safaris earlier in the morning. Lines are shorter, and the animals tend to be a bit more active. That's true for a lot of the Animal Kingdom stuff - during the heat of the day, the animals tend to doze off, so that's the best time to do the rides and shows. Smile And I second AG's reccommendation for Tarzan Rocks. The in-line skaters are awesome! Smile Festival of the Lion King is pretty impressive, too.

-Definitely see SpectroMagic at the Magic Kingdom. Such a gorgeous parade! As AG mentioned, Genie's in it as well. But the music from that parade still being tears to my eyes... *glimmering, shimmering, carouseling*

Those are the big ones off the top of my head. If you're wondering about anything specific, ask away! I did just about everything in the parks over the course of the year that I worked there. Smile
Madeleine
Wicked Witch of the Mid-West

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhh I want to go to DW! Crying or Very sad

Our band director won't let us go to Florida anymore because of what happened the last time. People passed out.

but it was because they were wearing choir robes and band uniforms! Rolling Eyes That ruined my Aladdin experience. I never got to go!

I told my mom though, that if we ever go, that she was going to take me to meet Aladdin.
Addams Family Values.

"Young lady, I'm getting a tad tired of your attitude problem"-Peter MacNicol Addams Family Values.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AladdinFan
Prince/Princess

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How lucky.

I wnet there once when i was little and don't remember anything.
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TAKE ME WITH YOU! PLEASE!
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sighs* i havent been to DW since i only live about 45 min from DL and DCA *sticks toung at the rest of you except kirsten* at lease we southern californians have Aladdin The Musical Spectacular so there Laughing
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*sticks out tongue at Kerry* Well, WE have Iago in the Tiki Room! *breaks into song* 'Cause I'm a very famous movie star, and all of Hollywood drops my name!
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jas wrote:
*sticks out tongue at Kerry* Well, WE have Iago in the Tiki Room! *breaks into song* 'Cause I'm a very famous movie star, and all of Hollywood drops my name!

You can have it. Laughing *hugs DL's now-spruced-up Tiki Room* Laughing
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*hugs Iago the bird* Kirsten said I can have you! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum