Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin and the King of Thieves Appreciation Thread!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin and the King of Thieves Appreciation Thread!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 9:41 am    Post subject: Aladdin and the King of Thieves Appreciation Thread! Reply with quote

I thought I'd start this today, given that tomorrow (August 13) is the 18th anniversary of KOT's release.

KOT can drink!

But not in the United States.

Anyway...

In celebration of the film's journey into adulthood, I figured we could discuss our favorite moments and whatnot!

This can be as serious or stupid as a discussion/celebration as we'd like. I plan to add more to this topic, but I'm going to start with stupid: my favorite book cover EVER:

Cassim, you damn creep. Laughing
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched this a few days ago--I love this movie. I love how the series builds up to it, but at the same time I guess it does distance itself as a standalone movie, but it's great how in general you can see the character development the series set up.

And of course it has some of the best lines ever Laughing

Last edited by Princess of Agrabah on Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:16 am; edited 1 time in total
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Make it rain, son" Laughing

Remember when they cropped the DVD and we still don't have a decent copy of the movie unedited? Yeah, I'm still mad about that.
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:

Remember when they cropped the DVD and we still don't have a decent copy of the movie unedited? Yeah, I'm still mad about that.

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who's upset about that.

Also I'm remembering that after the fight scene with Saluk, Aladdin had a bloodstain on his sleeve but apparently they took that out?

Or am I making this up?
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, they definitely cut the blood stain! It was in the trailer!

Quote:

UGH. I'm still so livid!

Remember the KOT DVD featurette where the 40 Thieves' pasts are revealed? Cassim performs at children's birthday parties! Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same company that owns Marvel now and created Pirates of the Caribbean had to cut out blood because it was too much. Oh, how times have changed Laughing

Salukfan wrote:

They didn't even TRY. "Can they see most of the picture?" "Yeah, but--" "Good enough" Laughing
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to know why some idiot thought it was a good idea to chop down a film that was in full screen to begin with. What logic dictated this? Laughing

Would anyone be interested in me maybe transcribing the aforementioned thieves game? I've always meant to and maybe even started it, but I never finished. It's so, so stupid but good for a laugh.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did that come out? 2005? Maybe they were still experimenting with widescreen/fullscreen at the time. DVD was still an "in-progress" thing, but still I'd rather them give us the option on screen than crop it to make it widescreen, especially if they're not going to give us another copy Mad. I'm half-tempted to get a fresh VHS copy and digitally transfer it. It's not as crisp as a DVD copy, but it's fullscreen at least.

Sure! I haven't seen that featurette in forever, but I also haven't touched that DVD because it sucks.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's some versions of KOT in full screen floating around the internet, or at least there used to be. Good for putting on a DVD-R until Disney gives us a proper release (hint hint hint!)
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think transfer quality might be a little better now, though. Remember when it use to take like a day to download a movie and that's if you had a second phone line to keep up the file? Laughing

Now would be a GREAT time to re-release it.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really would be a great time for Aladdin stuff to come back. Esp. King of Thieves, what with the campaign being so heavily based on Robin Williams. As long as RoJ wouldn't get screwed in the mess, I'd be all kinds of down for a tribute release.
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They better bring that back because that bothered me Laughing I mean dude just ripped into his arm like Wolverine ( which they do own now XD ) and you're gonna tell me he didn't bleed a little.

Wait and this was after Pirates of the Caribbean that they rereleased it too.

We're totally due for a rerelease too. It's the least they could do.
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My favorite part of the movie (hands down, without hesitation) is after Aladdin and Cassim escape, and Aladdin decides he needs to go back, regardless of the consequences. He knows what he went through having the man he loved most walk out on him, and wasn't going to make Jasmine go through that.

I think that is definitely the highest point for his character, like he is ready to be a man.
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
My favorite part of the movie (hands down, without hesitation) is after Aladdin and Cassim escape, and Aladdin decides he needs to go back, regardless of the consequences. He knows what he went through having the man he loved most walk out on him, and wasn't going to make Jasmine go through that.

I think that is definitely the highest point for his character, like he is ready to be a man.

To top it off, the bit where Aladdin is on the rooftop is an exact copy of his first scene in the first film.
Princess of Agrabah

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:

Mine too! At that point he's just grown so much and I kinda almost feel proud of him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum