Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - More on PoYB
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

More on PoYB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calluna
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:39 pm    Post subject: More on PoYB Reply with quote

Aladdin and Mulan DVD Preview

Quote:
Aladdin is an extensive two disc set that starts off with a top notch new sound mix. Buena Vista Home Entertainment president Gordon Ho explained, ?Now that you have the home theaters in the home, you want to take advantage of it, and we custom designed this, starting with The Lion King. We?re doing it again with Aladdin, we brought back Terry Porter. He did the sound mixing for Aladdin. He got nominated for an Academy Award for his wonderful mixing on Aladdin. He came back just to do this special mix on the all new Aladdin enhanced home theater mix.?

There will also be many extras revolving around the deleted song ?Proud of your Boy.? First, it will be presented as the story pitch that Howard Ashman and Alan Menken made to the studio.

Senior Vice President of DVD production at Buena Vista Home Video Andy Siditsky said, ?You?re going to have the opportunity to watch the original pitch that Howard and Alan put together as a demo, combined with the original storyboards. That?s version number one. But we wanted something more for the DVD and we called Alan and said, ?We really want to bring this thing to its full life the way you and Howard originally envisioned it.??

Menken approved of the plan. ?I was floored by what you guys did,? Menken said. ?They basically gave us the opportunity to assemble the original musical team. We went to Fox Studios with a 70 piece orchestra, and Clay Aiken came in to sing ?Proud of your Boy.?? The second version of the song is the Aiken music video.

The Aladdin Q&A shot in February at Disney?s California Adventure will be interspersed with documentary material. You can select topics in the menu and see behind the scenes footage and interviews interspersed with moments from the panel-style Q&A.

Other extras will include test animation set to Robin Williams? comedy albums, an ?Inside the Genie?s Lamp? tour of narrated by Robin Leach and Jessica Simpson and Nick Lechey?s rendition of ?A Whole New World.?

Aladdin streets October 5.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Calluna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, it's not saying there's new animation for the music video; I wonder if that's still a go? It still seems like it's not going to be added in, though. Cool

Quote:
test animation set to Robin Williams? comedy albums

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

I've been wanting to see that test animation for years! It's mentioned in a bunch of old articles, and apparently was what convinced Robin to do Genie's voice.

(I used to go looking for which routine it was that got animated; I want to see if I'm right! If I am it would explain why they nicknamed Robin "Shakespeare" in all those old promotional materials. Very Happy )
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we are definitely not getting a Brad Kane version of PoyB... sad. Crying or Very sad

I'm psyched to see the Q&A stuff from DCA... if only I'd known they were doing it that day, I would have gotten to that side of the resort sooner! Laughing

That Robin Williams stuff sounds GREAT, though, I'm really interested in that! Being familiar with his style, however, I wonder how long it took them to find family-appropriate material. Laughing
Calluna

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to wonder if Brad refused; from what we saw in that other thread he seems to be trying to distance himself from his old image... Confused
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:

Being familiar with his style, however, I wonder how long it took them to find family-appropriate material. Laughing

*thinks of last comedy special* A LOOOOOOOOOONG time I bet. Laughing

I'm happy for the other stuff as well. I can see that I am not doing any homework that day already. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum