Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Hello Everyone! Question about Registering
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello Everyone! Question about Registering
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:54 pm    Post subject: Hello Everyone! Question about Registering Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I've been skulking about this website for a little while and decided recently that I would very much like to join and become friends with other people who share a similar love for Disney movies, especially Aladdin. However, when I tried to register a few days ago, I was informed that both my @Hotmail.com and @gmail.com accounts are banned (I tried both after attempting to use my main Hotmail one a few times).

I'm confused. I haven't done anything illegal lately (I'm just kidding) but I don't understand why both emails are banned apparently. I'm not the most tech savvy individual out there (I have a continual on again, off again relationship with my DVD player as proof) so I don't know if it's something wrong from my end or if it is the site itself. If anyone has any ideas on how to possibly fix this, I'm all ears. I really would like to officially register on this site as you all seem to be a cool bunch of people to talk to.

Thanks Smile

~ Fez_Head
imekitty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'm not registered either, but since I was curious if I would also have the same problem, I tried to register, and sure enough, my Gmail account is also "banned."

So, you're not alone. :b
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I guess we will just be notorious banned individuals together imekitty. If so, we will be more badass than the thieves in the Skull and Dagger, skulking about this forum incognito Smile
imekitty

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, how I wish I was funny so I could think of a clever Aladdin reply to what you said. XD

I promised that I would register before making another thread, so I guess I have to wait until I can register. D:
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry guys, I just saw this!

For a while, we were hit with spambots BAD. Like, hundreds of posts a day while all the mods were away, so we had to block any emails from those domains, which unfortunately were pretty popular. I haven't seen any bots in a long time, though, so...I might...have done some stuff...to change that... Mr. Green
imekitty

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fez_Head might be gone, but I'm still here because, well...I've been lurking since the ProBoards days... >.>
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow, I remember when we had to make the switch. You're making me feel old here Laughing
imekitty

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah...I feel old, too. I remember when Aladdin turned 10, and then suddenly, another ten years passed...

I guess maybe I should register...

I'm soooooo lazy, though.
Salukfan
Tiger-Clawed Thief

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're all ancient, you guys. Oh mah word. Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somehow the older I get the more Aladdin toys I get though Laughing
imekitty

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember photos of your room. It was a literal Cave of Wonders.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It still is, if not worse. My brother for my birthday recently got me a door sign that says Cave of Wonders for that very reason Laughing
imekitty

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember my dad looking at my Aladdin collection once and remarking that it must be the biggest in the world, and I said, "No, Dad...I've seen pictures of the biggest Aladdin collection in the world, and it's unbelievable."

Nowadays, I don't buy Aladdin things anymore because I've bought a house and am trying to be more responsible with my money. I only buy items that I absolutely love and are high quality. Other items are gifts. I even got this vintage Jasmine and Rajah porcelain figure set from one of my students once (I teach English as a second language).

But when I lived in Japan, I bought all sorts of Aladdin things. ^^ Japan had the best stuff.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to get upset it wasn't big enough Laughing. I still feel like I don't have a lot in terms of variety, but I didn't realize then that's because we didn't have too many options like the other franchises had. I mean, there's some cool stuff from the 90s, but even to this day the other movies get a larger choice selection.

I've definitely slowed my roll in recent years, it's more dolls and collectibles now, but if I see something different that I don't have in my collection I'll get it. I just recently got a Hipster Jasmine figurine, for example.

Man, buying stuff from Japan was a luxury purchase. If I ever go to Tokyo DisneySeas it's over, I'm buying that whole place Laughing
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know, Aladdin is always getting gypped. Thank goodness there's a princess in the movie so that we at least get some merchandise on a regular basis (though I wouldn't call Aladdin a princess film...). It's never even gotten a good video cover. I hated the Platinum Edition cover, and I was so looking forward to something beautiful for the Diamond Edition cover, but no...just no. >:(

Tokyo DisneySea is amazing. I went there five times while living in Japan, and it was incredible every time. The last time I went was the opening day for Aladdin's Whole New World (basically a show on the water...I'm sure you know it, haha). The whole park was decked out in Aladdin stuff, especially the entrance. I still have the free keychain they were giving out that day.

But yes...take the time to go someday. You won't regret it! Admittedly, the Arabian Coast is fun to look at and be in, but the attractions there aren't anything that exciting. What I remember most is the Genie show (and a snake going "BIIIIIIG MISTAAAAAAAKE!"), and that was fun even if it didn't really make sense. The other thing I remember is an "it's a small world" type ride featuring Sindbad which would have been cooler if it was Aladdin instead, like maybe adventures from the TV series. But anyway, it LOOKS amazing which to me is the main attraction of DisneySea.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum