Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Hello Everyone! Question about Registering
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hello Everyone! Question about Registering
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Site Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, every time Disney says they're releasing it to 3-D/IMAX, I just know to expect some magical excuse for why it's not happening. I'm still shocked Aladdin made it to Broadway because I was fully waiting for an excuse there, too.

THE DIAMOND EDITION IS WORSE THAN THE PLATINUM Mad . How do you go backwards in design?? I thought that was fanmade when I saw it. It's terrible.

The atmosphere at the Arabian Coast looks like nerd heaven. Like, just uproot all that and shove it in my backyard Laughing
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see Aladdin in 3-D so bad. T_T

At least they revised the DE from what it was originally. They looked painfully off-model in the original design. Jasmine looked high, and Iago didn't have his teeth! I still think they look off-model in the revision, though. It's so irritating to me because the other DE covers look so beautiful (Sleeping Beauty comes to mind), and I know that Disney has artists who are capable of drawing the Aladdin characters beautifully just from looking at the illustrations on the Disney princess site for Aladdin (or other Disney books). So why can't they just give Aladdin a good cover with characters that are actually on-model?

I always hated the way Aladdin, Jasmine, and Abu looked on the original Black Diamond VHS cover, too.

Well, here's hoping that the next special edition of Aladdin will get some decent cover art...
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear if there was a Disney movie they needed to do that with it was that one. Tell me the Cave of Wonders and magic carpet ride scenes wouldn't be INCREDIBLE. Just the tiny sample you can get at Walt Disney World with Mickey's Philharmonic is overwhelming.

I think we concluded Aladdin looked like Doug from the 90s cartoon Laughing. And yeah, they always get super cool covers or at least the composition is way better. Even the special edition lenticular cover at Best Buy is bad when those are better than the ones Disney releases sometimes. I get why the Disney princesses are all off model, but there's no reason for their movie covers that are independent of that homogenizing process to go through the same thing.

Aladdin's nose has been messed up since day 1, I suppose Laughing
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"They just can't get my nose right!"

Like we needed any more Flynn Rider/Aladdin comparisons. :b
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! It's Fez_Head. I'm still lurking around, but I literally just realized this second that the registration process was fixed, so I took the opportunity to become a member. Thanks so much to everyone and special shout outs to Aladdinsgenie and imekitty! Also, who knew such an intense conversation about Aladdin fans getting screwed by the network would erupt over a registration question?

On a random note, and also to awkwardly join the convo, I would love to go to the Arabian Coast. I've seen photos online and it looks AMAZING! Although, if I'm being honest with myself, any excuse to go to a Disney park is something that I will take.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you ever been to a Disney Park?
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been to Walt Disney world at least 4 times. My uncle has a time share in Orlando which is about 5 minutes or so from each park. I loooove magic kingdom and universal studios. I think I'm going to slum it there one day, maybe steal bread and break into song.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never made it over to Universal Studios. I have to change that someday...
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should! Islands of Adventure, Marvel superheroes, Harry Potter world. I'm freaking out just thinking of this place. Put it on your bucket list! I swear you won't regret it. Smile
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, see, I never got in to any of that, which is why I never made it over there Laughing. My sister likes Harry Potter, though, so maybe I'll drag her down there as a graduation present.
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that makes sense why you wouldn't go. I grew up watching superhero tv shows and although I never got around to reading the Harry Potter series, I enjoyed the movies. If your sister liked the movies AladdinsGenie, your sister would love Harry Potter world. It looks like you're stepping onto the set. That would be an amazing graduation gift. I'll have to let you know when I graduate university. Smile
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually reading Harry Potter for the first time nowadays. I'm on the 3rd book. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. Are you enjoying the series so far? I have to read the first Harry Potter book for my Fantasy Literature class. Right now though, I'm reading the LOTR The Two Towers. I never realized from watching the movies just how often those characters, specifically Aragorn, Legolas, and Gimli, are running towards or away from something Smile
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen the LotR movies since they came out, and I'm not a heavy enough reader attack the books quite yet.

I'm really enjoying HP - I even watched the first movie yesterday - good stuff! So many colorful characters and adventures!!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen either the LOTR movies or Harry Potter movies in a long time, but I remember enjoying them quite a lot. University takes up too much of my time to do that. Smile You'll have to let me know how Harry Potter goes so I can mentally prepare myself when I have to read it and write an essay on it. Oh, the life of an English major...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Site Feedback All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum