Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Honest Trailer: Aladdin
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Honest Trailer: Aladdin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sonic
Streetrat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Honest Trailer: Aladdin Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-aVkMClvBs

Childhood ruined Laughing
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to like those idiots, but now I hate them because of this crap.
Sonic
Streetrat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Laughing

But I really do not know that the Aladdin and Jasmine are so young.
sirene d'lampe
Streetrat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't mind it until the "Whole New World" song spoof. Ugh...Can't it just be romantic? Sad

Although I have to critic -- Histoire d'Aladdin ou la lampe merveilleuse isn't an Arab fairy tale. I think of it as more of a folktale, but it does have fairy tale elements, so yeah, but it was written by a French guy (Antoine Galland). That's why the baguette amuses me.
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Disney song be romantic? You ask too much, my friend Very Happy

I knew about Antoine Galland (the French writer who claims he heard the story from some Syrian storyteller and merely wrote it down), but I always regarded the baguette as a nod to Les Miserables, specifically the line "All this for a loaf of bread?". Also, wasn't Lea Salonga (singing voice of Jasmine) in the Broadway production of that play as Eponine before Aladdin came out?

Or maybe the trailer is right. Perhaps that is just how cartoon bread is drawn and I'm thinking way too much into this? Confused
sirene d'lampe
Streetrat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fez_Head wrote:
I knew about Antoine Galland (the French writer who claims he heard the story from some Syrian storyteller and merely wrote it down), but I always regarded the baguette as a nod to Les Miserables, specifically the line "All this for a loaf of bread?". Also, wasn't Lea Salonga (singing voice of Jasmine) in the Broadway production of that play as Eponine before Aladdin came out?

Oh yeah! I see that. That actually seems more likely as to why it's a baguette than my amusement.

(Also, I suspect many fans here know facts about the story's origin.)
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirene d'lampe wrote:
I didn't mind it until the "Whole New World" song spoof. Ugh...Can't it just be romantic? Sad

Although I have to critic -- Histoire d'Aladdin ou la lampe merveilleuse isn't an Arab fairy tale. I think of it as more of a folktale, but it does have fairy tale elements, so yeah, but it was written by a French guy (Antoine Galland). That's why the baguette amuses me.

It seems like lately HT has just been doing videos for certain movies just because they can, such as their videos for The Little Mermaid, Ghostbusters, Terminator 2:Judgment Day, and before you know it they'll be making one for Back To The Future.
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That awkward moment when Honest Trailers already has Embarassed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bn121d5Fk8
Sinister Cutlass
Streetrat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the trailer was hilarious Smile I lost it at 'a framing deviiiiice' Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum