Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Christmas in Agrabah!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Christmas in Agrabah!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Christmas in Agrabah! Reply with quote

I hope you all like these new pics I've obtained! Christmas comes to Agrabah!

imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abu hanging on by basically strangling Aladdin, haha. XD I like their winter outfits here. They kind of have an Asian vibe.

"Anything to make you happy." Aw. :3
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imekitty wrote:
"Anything to make you happy." Aw. :3

I know, right? Smile And I can almost hear Linda's voice reading Jasmine's lines.
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Get the crowbar. We have a clinger."

I agree. The pictures are actually really nice, especially their outfits. I totally see that they do have an interesting Oriental type of vibe. Is there any outfit that doesn't look good on these two? Also, Aladdin doesn't look like he raided Jasmine's shoe closet again, unlike the winter book Aladdinsgenie posted a while ago. Good for you, Al!

I like how Genie is actually in this book, but it's weird seeing his name written as "the Genie." I know that's how he introduced himself to Al initially, as "the genie of the lamp", but maybe it's just me. It's like writing the Magic Carpet instead of Carpet, which this story did as well. Oh well, I did think it was a rather cute story, regardless.

That line was so adorable. I could totally hear Scott's voice when I read it.
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually write just write "Genie" when referring to him, but if I am going to say "the genie," I don't capitalize the "g." It's sort of like how you capitalize "mom" and "dad" when you use them as names, but when using them as descriptions (i.e. my mom or my dad), you don't.

So, yeah, "the Genie" looks very strange to me as does "the Magic Carpet." :b

I like Jasmine's white shoes.
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do the same thing. If I'm writing about the actual character, I write it with a capital "g", but if I'm writing about the generic species (?), I don't. Maybe that's why it looked so bizarre. And I think I've already expressed my dislike when these stories call Carpet, the Magic Carpet, so I won't go into that Very Happy

Although, looking at the first picture of Abu again, is it just me or is anyone else thinking that Aladdin is pretty calm for someone who is being "strangled" by a monkey? Shocked
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think he's trying to strangle him. I think it's just a coincidence.
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really think Abu is either, that's why I put the word strangled in quotation marks. I just think the picture is sort of funny if you think of it in that way and then look at Aladdin's relatively happy facial expression. That's all. I was just trying to be funny, but I guess I really ought to work on that, though. Very Happy

Or maybe Abu is clinging onto Aladdin's neck like Jasmine does before they start to sing "A Whole New World"?
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I said "strangling," I meant that he was pulling on Aladdin's neck with all of his body weight which would in reality cut off air through his windpipe (I'm assuming that Abu weighs enough to do that, anyway). Of course he isn't actually strangling Aladdin! I just think it's funny that the artist would have him hang onto Aladdin by his neck instead of his arm or waist or something less dangerous. :b
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imekitty wrote:
When I said "strangling," I meant that he was pulling on Aladdin's neck with all of his body weight which would in reality cut off air through his windpipe (I'm assuming that Abu weighs enough to do that, anyway). Of course he isn't actually strangling Aladdin! I just think it's funny that the artist would have him hang onto Aladdin by his neck instead of his arm or waist or something less dangerous. :b

That's what I thought when I first read your comment which I took to be joking in tone. Obviously Abu isn't actually strangling Al (and if he is, there is some serious Alternate Character Interpretation at play here Shocked ) that's why I made the joke about how calm Aladdin looks, despite this. Yeah, now I'm seriously wondering why the artist chose to draw the picture like that. Even Abu hanging on to the end of Carpet would be "better", although not necessarily safer. Hmm...
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew you got it...Meghan, was it? :b
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, it's Meghan. The "h" is vitally important. Very Happy And you're Kayla, right?

I guess we just have a similar sense of humour that not everyone completely understands. Oh well. More fun for us, then! Very Happy
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fez_Head wrote:
I guess we just have a similar sense of humour that not everyone completely understands.

This is the story of my life. :0

Actually, people usually get my jokes in real life where my tone makes it obvious. Only written text ever gives me a problem. I guess my jokes usually need the proper inflection to be understood correctly. :b Or lots of emoticons which I sometimes forget to use.
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That actually is the story of my life Embarassed

I'm pretty sarcastic in "the real world" so most people don't always get my jokes unless I'm deliberately trying to make the person laugh, but I agree. Written text doesn't really translate jokes/sarcasm very well, sadly.

If it makes you feel better, I've gotten most of your jokes. I don't know how many people have understood mine, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum