Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Please critique this!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please critique this!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IRideAladdin'sCarpet
Genie of the Vegetarian Chicken Nuggets

Location: Below the Paris Opera House with Gerik #2 ~_^ (Louis Phillippe Room)

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 9:57 pm    Post subject: Please critique this! Reply with quote

i've never had any type of art/drawing lessons before, and i was wondering what i could do to make it better. Please critique my work! THANKS! This is from February 14th, 2005. This is my most recent "big" drawing that's aladdin realated. i usually do doodles, but this i took my time on. It took 3 days.
Also, for extra information, I am fifteen, so i'm not sure if that specifies any extra skills or anything.
[url][/url]
Minerva
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this, this is really impressive for someone your age (I'm 17 and I don't have half the talent you do). My only suggestion would be to have Jafar taller and thinner.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really really good. It's a shame I suck at drawing Laughing
Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's really good. Smile

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you soo much for all the super-nice comments! i was expecting a lot more harsh stuff. i've seen soo much better, and it's so great to see someone likes my work! thanks a bunch! i really appreciate it!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that's better than I could do!

I would just make him thinner and much taller and work on the hands a bit. Keep it up! If you have any others, I would love to see them!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah- i'm completely worthless at drawing hands. it'd help if i could get some art lessons!!! which i've never had AND NEED!!!! of course it's worthless for me to say this, b/c my 'rents won't be looking at this. oh well. sigh. i have a gajilion others. i'm sure i could scan them in sometime. most are from 2 years ago, b/4 i learned a lot of what i know now. they could be a LOT better. one of my favorites is of al and jas on the carpet. btw, none of my aladdin pics are colored, they're all B&W. Don't want to ruin the with color, b/c i have the shading as B&W, and it'd look weird w/ color. unless i drew all the outlines and colored and shadowed with color. wow. blonde moment. lol! well, i also have one of aladdin, 3 of jasmine, one of the harem girls, genie, and jafar, which u've seen. well, thanks for the support. i'm gona start working on one of Iago being still and calm. I'll call it "Sedated Iago". LMAO! Laughing TTYL, all! Thanks again!
Ram Jas
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats pretty good my only suggestion would be like everyone else said would be taller and thinner and also on a side note i know hands are hard and andreas made jafars hands all the harder but the only thing i would have to say would be that the hands need to be bonier\. jafar is a thing guy with practically no meat on him to give him the creepy old guy feel to him along with the evil sinister guy so it all has to come together i've tried a bazillion times and so far i've succeeded only drawing the head but other than that looks great Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have another pic for critiquing. it's a portrait of Aladdin i drew 3 days ago. I am in fact awware of the fact that the eyes need to be bigger and reshaped and the nose isn't big enough.
The 2nd pic is my AWNW pic. Any ways, i drew all of these by hand, and i've never had any lessons, so i'm open to critiquing. thanks!

Jas
Cool Colonel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st Picture (just Al): I can't find anything meaningful to say about it. It's pretty good.

2nd Picture (Al, Jas, Carpet):
Carpet, Text, and the Lamp - *thumbs up*
Jasmine - her hair seems a *little* long (but that may just be me) and her left arm is funky.
Aladdin - something about his face that I can't put my finger on and he's a little "developed" in the chest Laughing

Overall they're good, and those are just some of my thoughts on them. Smile
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

those are good but like jas i think jasmines left arm is a little screwed up and also als face in the WNW scene looks a little deformed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jafar one looks kind of like the style they drew him in in RoJ or the Hercules TV series... Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should i take that as a compliment or a diss? ROJ's animation sucked really bad. i know-the AWNW was from 3 years ago, when i was 12. i don't know why that arm looks so weird. the one that's going down or the one that's holding al's hand? the one holding the hand is messed up, and so is the one going down, though. and that "womanly part" on aladdin that jas spoke of was the fixed the collar bone. i recently fixed the sketchiness and added a touch of shading, but i didn't want to change anything majorly, b/c it'd change how i was drawing back then. i had to add the shading and darken the lines b/c my camera wouldn't pick up the pic very well. thanks for the compliments and criticism! more piics to come later on. working on a pic of iago. he's silent and calm for once. i call it "sedated iago " or "tranquilized iago" Very Happy later, homies!
Calluna

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just mean that his face is a lot more angular than it is in the first movie, if that makes sense... Confused
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jas wrote:
1st Picture (just Al): I can't find anything meaningful to say about it. It's pretty good.

I second that.

Jas wrote:
2nd Picture (Al, Jas, Carpet):
Carpet, Text, and the Lamp - *thumbs up*

I second that too.

Jas wrote:
Jasmine - her hair seems a *little* long (but that may just be me) and her left arm is funky.

I noticed that as well, but only as a critic. It is hardly noticeable. And her left arm looks like toothpaste being squeezed out of a tube...

Jas wrote:
Aladdin - something about his face that I can't put my finger on and he's a little "developed" in the chest Laughing

His mouth is a bit deformed, and she is referring to Al's collarbones; the downward point is a bit too long. (it looks a bit awkward if ya no what i mean lol Surprised )

Jas wrote:
Overall they're good, and those are just some of my thoughts on them. Smile

Same! I love the gradation! Better than me fosho! Keep it up!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Fan Works All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum