Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Watch James Monroe Igleheart scare the hell out of people
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Watch James Monroe Igleheart scare the hell out of people
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LillitOfBa'el
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Watch James Monroe Igleheart scare the hell out of people Reply with quote

Hahaha, nice.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Link doesn't work :/
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the link doesn't work, but I know what you're talking about. Too funny!
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed it!
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That page mentions the Genie prequel. Is that still on?
Sinister Cutlass
Streetrat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been following the screenwriters' blog. It appears to be so, but details are almost nil.
LillitOfBa'el
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imekitty wrote:
That page mentions the Genie prequel. Is that still on?

I heard they put a stop to it, which if it's true is a huge sigh of relief haha
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the video Smile

I heard they put a stop to it. Maybe I can dig up the article...
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't find it, but I found this Shocked

http://www.comingsoon.net/movie/arabian-nights
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article is linked in another thread on this board. I'm too lazy to find it, but now that I think about it, I think it said production was halted, not cancelled.

So...maybe it's still on after all...myeh.
Sinister Cutlass
Streetrat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, what is it with the lily-white casting in these desert fantasy films?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drives me nuts
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This video was hilarious! I already am a tad freaked out when it comes to wax people (uncanny valley, much?), so this would be quite frightening if it happened to me. Although I would love to meet James in real life. He just seems so cool. Very Happy

As for the Genie prequel, I swear that I read something online that said that they were not going through with it due to a stipulation in Robin Williams' will that said that movie companies could not use his recordings (which apparently Disney wanted to use some of his old recordings from Aladdin) until 25 years after his death. I'm not 100% sure though Confused . I will admit that I wasn't really happy with the idea in the first place (I thought Maleficent was okish, but only if I didn't think too much about how it practically changed everything about Sleeping Beauty even not mentioning the greatest song ever "Skumps"), but I was intrigued to see what they were going to do. I want to know more about how Carpet and Genie know each other. Very Happy

This Arabian Nights movie has me feeling kinda meh. The summary sounds pretty lame (Sinbad the sailor was/is in love with a mermaid? Who would have thunk? Although is anyone else thinking of the Internet's obsession with the crossover pairing of Aladdin and Ariel?) and makes me think of that weird Arabian Nights mini series with Dougray Scott and the actor who plays Carson in Downton Abbey. I saw that in high school and I had to explain to my one friend why Aladdin was not Arab and did not have a monkey. Surprisingly, not the strangest conversation we've ever had.

As for the white-casting, I'm not too sure. It's like for the Prince of Persia movie with Jake Gyllenhaal and that short-lived tv show Tyrant where the main Arabic character was played by a white, British guy. I completely understand that some individuals who are Arabic can have a lighter skin colour or blue eyes for example due to their particular genetics, but when movies depicting Arabs only features individuals who look like this or a makeup job to make them look "Arab" (I'm using this term very loosely), then something is very wrong indeed. I suppose we will just have to see what it's like when it comes out.
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what the article said, but like I said, I actually think the word they used was "halted," not "cancelled." So maybe they're just going to create it without using Robin's lines. I didn't understand how they were planning to do that anyway. That seemed really silly. His new voice actor, Jim Meskimen, actually sounds decently close to Robin, so I'd be just fine with that...although I am quite fond of Dan Castellaneta's voice work. In fact, when I imagine the Genie's voice in my head, I often think of Dan first now. (Don't kill me...please.)

I don't really care about white-casting, honestly (or the reverse). As long as I can believe that they are the ethnicity they are trying to be, it doesn't bother me. It's what acting's all about, after all.

Quote:
Although is anyone else thinking of the Internet's obsession with the crossover pairing of Aladdin and Ariel?

Does anyone actually think those two would be good together? I've never really thought about their actual compatibility. I think Ariel would like Aladdin, but I'm not so sure if Aladdin would like Ariel. Hmm. She's adventurous enough, so maybe.

SKUMPS!
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, "halted." That is the key word there. Although, I don't really understand how they were going to use Robin's unused lines to begin with because they are so scene specific. Confused I agree. It is rather bizarre.

In regards to white washed casting or its reverse, I can understand why people can be upset by it, but I also think that if the actor/actress portrays that particular character well, that's what should really matter.

Apparently, a lot of people think that Ariel and Aladdin would be a good couple, if the countless fanfiction I've seen is any indicator. I do see similarities in their personalities that could make people think this, such as being adventurous like you said, and in comparison to some of the crossover pairings I've seen people try to create, this one is more realistic somewhat. That being said, the childhood portion of my brain refuses to allow such a blasphemous concept, so I really can't see them together. Nope. It's Ariel and Eric (even their names go together, people!) and Aladdin and Jasmine or nothing at all.

SKUMPS! I was actually so disappointed that 1. that song was not even mentioned (I've always wanted to go to a bar with someone and do that) and 2. how much of a jerk Stefan turned into for that movie. I mean, I understand things had to be changed to make Maleficent more anti-heroic, but I did not like that change at all. Or how the raven dude turned into the dragon. No. Just no.

P.S. I suppose I can let you live for another few days for liking Dan more than my homeboy Robin. 7 days to be exact. *cue evil laugh, then begins chortling* Oh, hairball. Well, this is awkward. Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum