Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Big News!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big News!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is that a bad thing? Laughing
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We all like to pretend we don't know about him. Laughing
/bitter former Cast Member
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Mariposa79 wrote:
They should just drop the CG's and bring back the musical fairy tales. That's what I've always known Disney for. It's so awful about Pixar though. So instead of saying " A Pixar Film" they say " Disney presentation of a Pixar Film". Don't get me wrong, I love "Finding Nemo, and The Incredibles" but I miss musical fairy tales..

Ditto! I think CG works in its own right, and I think Disney's partnership with Pixar is wonderful. However, I feel like they should be using both mediums. I miss the fairytale musicals, too!

None of that guest artist that sings in the background. Save it for when the credits roll... The real characters actually singing! It all stopped when Atlantis came out. Do you think that Disney was running with the crowd because Shrek was so successfull? When I saw Michael at the 50th media celebration ( the day before the 5th). I was seriously going to protest " Bring back fairytale musicals!"
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
We all like to pretend we don't know about him. Laughing
/bitter former Cast Member

Aye! Aye!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariposa79 wrote:
Do you think that Disney was running with the crowd because Shrek was so successfull?

I read somewhere they stopped because they asked people and they said they were getting tired of the musicals and wanted something new. I wish I could meet these "people".
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariposa79 wrote:
When I saw Michael at the 50th media celebration ( the day before the 5th). I was seriously going to protest " Bring back fairytale musicals!"

*snickers* You shoulda been at the park on May 5th... when we were standing at the gates, waiting to be let in, we saw him walk across in front of the train station... and everyone booed. Then, we all booed him solidly in front of the media at the opening ceremony. Laughing

Surprisingly, Iger was applauded during the ceremony, though. Seems like people are at least being hopeful.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Surprisingly, Iger was applauded during the ceremony, though. Seems like people are at least being hopeful.

Yeah, but the minute he screws up..it's not going to be pretty Laughing
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Mariposa79 wrote:
Do you think that Disney was running with the crowd because Shrek was so successfull?

I read somewhere they stopped because they asked people and they said they were getting tired of the musicals and wanted something new. I wish I could meet these "people".

Yeah! Me too! I would strap them down into a chair and tape their eyes open and make them watch all the Disney Musicals. Add subliminal messages saying, " Musical fairy tales are good" ( yes the world would be much better)
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Mariposa79 wrote:
When I saw Michael at the 50th media celebration ( the day before the 5th). I was seriously going to protest " Bring back fairytale musicals!"

*snickers* You shoulda been at the park on May 5th... when we were standing at the gates, waiting to be let in, we saw him walk across in front of the train station... and everyone booed. Then, we all booed him solidly in front of the media at the opening ceremony. Laughing

Oh! Thank GOd that I wasn't working that day! Insane of the masses!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sooo... who is Michael Eisner?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...o_0 Meesh...you're kidding Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I'm not kidding.

Embarassed

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is...well was...well...will be was, but still is although Iger has pretty much taken over already the CEO of Disney.
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Sooo... who is Michael Eisner?

Oh! Meesh! So too young! Too innocent! Always stay in God's light...

Ummm Micheal Eisner is the CEO (chief executive officer) of the whole Walt Disney Cooperation. After Walt Died, Disney was handed over a board of trustees called the Dream Team. Somehow they needed a young hip new guy that will give a new fresh air with awesome ideas to the Disney Empire. Ta tan tan tan ta! Pass the baton to Michael Eisner!. Big mistake! Somehow the power and the money had gone to his head. He could of spend money on improving the parks that will decrease the fatalities. Improve the work environments for the cast members. Get a stricter hiring system. Especially from the leads and managers, they let the power of position get to their heads. Plus, some cast members that make you wonder. How did they get hired in the first place?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So its a good thing that hes going?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum