Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Big News!
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Big News!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nez wrote:
Uh, I think we had a topic like that over in the Disney section of the forumn.

It was mentioned in the "Aladdin in Opus" topic.
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mariposa79 wrote:
Oh! Thank GOd that I wasn't working that day! Insane of the masses!

And it's not even July 17th yet! Laughing *plans on being at the park gates that day as early as she can get into the parking structure*

Mariposa79 wrote:
Improve the work environments for the cast members. Get a stricter hiring system. Especially from the leads and managers, they let the power of position get to their heads. Plus, some cast members that make you wonder. How did they get hired in the first place?

Amen to all of those! There's plenty of great CMs out there, but I've also run into some AWFUL ones (both front-line and management) in recent years. Especially some of the CPs I worked with at Magic Kingdom. They were just there for the party, and had no sense of the Disney magic. Rolling Eyes And I don't know if Disneyland uses the CDS system, but that was the bane of my existence at WDW. The worst Christmas Day of my life was when I was working in Adventureland, and the CDS system wouldn't give me a break. I was stuck at a cart way far away from everything, no managers would answer my calls or pages, and I was so cold that I couldn't feel my hands or feet. It took 6 STRAIGHT HOURS of that before I finally got someone's attention and got a break. At that point I sat in the break room, curled up and shivering, for my entire 15-minute break.

Meesh wrote:
So its a good thing that hes going?

YES. Laughing So long as the devil we don't know isn't any worse. Laughing
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
At that point I sat in the break room, curled up and shivering, for my entire 15-minute break.

Aww, did you have a monkey curled up in your vest to whom you were apologizing for screwing up to? Laughing
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope. That made it even worse! Sad
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
Mariposa79 wrote:
Oh! Thank GOd that I wasn't working that day! Insane of the masses!

And it's not even July 17th yet! Laughing *plans on being at the park gates that day as early as she can get into the parking structure*

Mariposa79 wrote:
Improve the work environments for the cast members. Get a stricter hiring system. Especially from the leads and managers, they let the power of position get to their heads. Plus, some cast members that make you wonder. How did they get hired in the first place?

Amen to all of those! There's plenty of great CMs out there, but I've also run into some AWFUL ones (both front-line and management) in recent years. Especially some of the CPs I worked with at Magic Kingdom. They were just there for the party, and had no sense of the Disney magic. Rolling Eyes And I don't know if Disneyland uses the CDS system, but that was the bane of my existence at WDW. The worst Christmas Day of my life was when I was working in Adventureland, and the CDS system wouldn't give me a break. I was stuck at a cart way far away from everything, no managers would answer my calls or pages, and I was so cold that I couldn't feel my hands or feet. It took 6 STRAIGHT HOURS of that before I finally got someone's attention and got a break. At that point I sat in the break room, curled up and shivering, for my entire 15-minute break.

Meesh wrote:
So its a good thing that hes going?

YES. Laughing So long as the devil we don't know isn't any worse. Laughing

What's the CDS system? I'm curious. Yes, the carts! Either pins, candy, or theme merchandise. Ah! The good ol days. My first year at the Disneyland Resort..Tommorrowland Pin Cart. I was forgotten too. Pager, phone, waving at the cast members in Star Trader. Ugh! It was awful Then wintertime the frontierland pin cart.WORSE! It was the worst winter ever! FREEZING, jacket,overcoat, gloves,scarf, stockings and my costume. Struggling to get warmth by the lamp light. One time a manager laughed at me because I wanted to be a lead and a server of justice in the Disneywork place system. One day, I was left by myself at a shop in NewOrleans. I wanted to use the restroom. I paged my lead and he came and said, " Sorry, I'm too busy! Can't break you. Need to sell coin." It was so bad that I was about to burst in the middle of the floor. I was crying at the thought of it. Some other lead came in and saw me crying. All of the guests were looking at me with tears in my eyes. And they thought I couldn't handle the large masses in the store! Luckily the lead covered me and I was relieved! But I was pissed off at my lead.
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The CDS system is the Cast Deployment System, where you type your ID number into a computer, and it prints out a little ticket telling you where to go/what to do (ie to go staff a specific cart). Unfortunately, having it computerized means you can't account for things that come up in the day, so something as simple as someone coming back from break late can really set off a chain of events that makes the whole schedule screwy. Sad

The politics of working at Disney made me sad. Sad
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
The CDS system is the Cast Deployment System, where you type your ID number into a computer, and it prints out a little ticket telling you where to go/what to do (ie to go staff a specific cart). Unfortunately, having it computerized means you can't account for things that come up in the day, so something as simple as someone coming back from break late can really set off a chain of events that makes the whole schedule screwy. Sad

The politics of working at Disney made me sad. Sad

Nah! We have people that actually come and break us when it's time for a lunch or break. It's funny I was at WDW couple months back and I saw my home "Criiter Country" in Florida it's Frontierland. I browsed on down to the Briar Patch. It was cute and small. Ours is huge and a measly hat shop. I told one of the cast members the difference between yours and mines is that we have a ghost in ours..
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish DL's Splash shops had more Splash/Song of the South stuff! At WDW, you can even get the books of the old Uncle Remus tales. DL only really has the photos anymore. Sad
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
I wish DL's Splash shops had more Splash/Song of the South stuff! At WDW, you can even get the books of the old Uncle Remus tales. DL only really has the photos anymore. Sad

Ever since they said that " Song of the South" was considered to be politically incorrect. Everything else went down hill from there. They say they're going to fix it and bring it back but it's not going to be the same.
Still have those towels and frames that has song of the south. Pirates was also considered to be politically incorrect too until they changed it. People and their feelings it really takes out the fun of these rides. It means no harm. It's make believe! You know soon it will be called the Politically correct Disneyland Resort...
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm actually still amazed that there's still some un-PC stuff around the park, like the stuff in the Pleasure Island scene in Pinocchio's Daring Journey. Not that I'm complaining - I just find it funny that people complain about Pirates chasing women, but not the depiction of Native Americans. Laughing
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xfkirsten wrote:
I'm actually still amazed that there's still some un-PC stuff around the park, like the stuff in the Pleasure Island scene in Pinocchio's Daring Journey. Not that I'm complaining - I just find it funny that people complain about Pirates chasing women, but not the depiction of Native Americans. Laughing

Yeah! There's things that I would complain too and I love being at the park. But the don't you think that the pirate thing was a little ridiculous? It's a life of a Pirate. Oh! GoD! Forbid that they complain about the movie.
Nez
Eccentric Papyrus Jockey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God forbid, a pirate can't be able to pimp red-heads without somebody complaining about it. Laughing
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing Okay darling! Show me your lubbard side!

The pirates across the way! " We want the red head! We want the Red Head!"
IRideAladdin'sCarpet
Genie of the Vegetarian Chicken Nuggets

Location: Below the Paris Opera House with Gerik #2 ~_^ (Louis Phillippe Room)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF MY BOOTY!
Laughing
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One day, I will be able to join you guys in this Disney Cast Member talk...I hope Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum