Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin series DVD
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin series DVD
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:02 am    Post subject: Aladdin series DVD Reply with quote

So, is Disney ever gonna release the series to DVD officially or....? We're one of the few that have over 65 episodes and back then that was a big deal, so they can't tell me it's because it's not popular or something.

Although, it's so embarrassing people have put a petition for all the Disney Afternoon shows on Change.org Confused
https://www.change.org/p/walt-disney-home-entertainment-release-the-disney-afternoon-era-shows-on-dvd
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Aladdin series DVD Reply with quote

...did you sign? :b
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well they already have DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin and Darkwing Duck (not sure if there are any others besides those).
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imekitty wrote:
...did you sign? :b

No, change.org is for real problems. Not my fangirlish needs Laughing

Edward Falcon wrote:
Well they already have DuckTales, Rescue Rangers, TaleSpin and Darkwing Duck (not sure if there are any others besides those).

Yeah, which is why they've stopped making the rest of the popular ones is strange. And they haven't even completed release a few sets like Gargoyles, so idk what's up with Disney in that department. I guess they feel we need eight copies of Snow White first Razz
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our fangirlish needs are real problems!

But anyway...I do wonder if it will ever be released? Disney seems to have a weird relationship with Aladdin these days. :/

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I guess they feel we need eight copies of Snow White first :P

It's so true! Haha. And they can't even give Aladdin ONE good cover art! I have been unimpressed with literally every cover this movie's ever gotten...which isn't a lot, but still, every one was disappointing to me.
Fez_Head
Cave of Wonders Tour Guide

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be pretty amazing if Disney released these shows on DVD, but I highly doubt it. Maybe it's just the pessimist in me.

I kinda like the Aladdin VHS cover, minus the fact that Jasmine's outfit is teal, not blue. Seriously, why does the company keep flucking that poor girl's clothing up?
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'd be cool, but I downloaded them off of youtube onto my ipod years ago, so I'm set Laughing

It could be nice for my (someday?) kids though!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have a set burned from someone who got copies off Toon Disney like ten years ago but the quality isn't the best on newer TVs. It really is odd they haven't put them on DVD yet given all the merchandise they made for it all those years ago. It's definitely not obscure.
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fez_Head wrote:
I kinda like the Aladdin VHS cover, minus the fact that Jasmine's outfit is teal, not blue. Seriously, why does the company keep flucking that poor girl's clothing up?

It's not the layout of the covers that bothers me. It's just that Aladdin and Jasmine are off-model in all of them. They managed to make two of Disney's most attractive characters look so...ugly. Genie looks great in all of them, though. I guess he's easy? I wouldn't know, though. I ain't no artist... T.T
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Should have gotten the people who made the posters, because they're great! (imo)
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or whoever drew the images on the Disney princess website, also featured in the recent read-along storybook. I think all of the images there are really beautiful! This being one of them:

But they are all so gorgeous. I saved them all to my computer. :3
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imekitty wrote:
It's not the layout of the covers that bothers me. It's just that Aladdin and Jasmine are off-model in all of them. They managed to make two of Disney's most attractive characters look so...ugly. Genie looks great in all of them, though. I guess he's easy? I wouldn't know, though. I ain't no artist... T.T

That makes sense. And you're absolutely right, especially for the Diamond Edition. Aladdin's eyes are massive Shocked Seriously, did he smoke something from the peddler's hooka? I don't draw either. I mean, I can draw a stick man running, but... Very Happy

The posters, especially the one where it's just the hand and the lamp, and that picture of Al and Jas are beautiful! I agree with you guys: they should have gotten whoever drew these to do the movie cover art. Or Mark Henn and Glenn Keane Very Happy
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this one too. I have it hanging in my room Smile It's a bit busy for a VHS cover maybe...

*Edit: Sorry, Fez-Head, Jasmine's outfit is teal here Razz

Nothing is worse than Anastasia's DVD cover. The VHS was pretty good, but the DVD cover doesn't even look like them!!
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aladdin still looks off-model in that poster. :b But Jasmine looks great! I do love that image.

Meesh wrote:
Nothing is worse than Anastasia's DVD cover. The VHS was pretty good, but the DVD cover doesn't even look like them!!

You're so right. It's hideous. (Assuming I'm thinking of the right one...)
Fez_Head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reaction upon seeing Jasmine's teal outfit in this poster:

Nah, I'm just kidding. It just confuses me how the film has such an important colour scheme and somehow they messed it up. Like seriously, how?

imekitty wrote:
Aladdin still looks off-model in that poster. :b But Jasmine looks great! I do love that image....)

Someone's high maintenance. Razz I think it might be his head. It looks like some weird Ken doll or something. And which Anastasia DVD cover? I tried to do a quick Google search and quite a few unattractive ones popped up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum