Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Disney Park Ghost Stories....
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney Park Ghost Stories....
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mariposa79
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Disney Park Ghost Stories.... Reply with quote

So Disneyland is 50 years old. Having a park being that old means that there's tall tales, rumors, cast member tales, and ghost stories. Do you know any or like to hear some tales?

Walt's Apartment up above the Fire Station in Mainstreet USA ( Disneyland)

I'll start : Walt's Apartment

There was a new cleaning lady that just got hired onto the park. Her first job was to clean Walt's Apartment. When she was finished and before she went out she switched off the lamp by the switch on the wall. The cleaning lady walked out and noticed that the lamp is still one. She thought she turned it off. Again she went inside and this time she turned off the light manually on the lamp. Went outside and the lamp is still on! Last time...She went inside and pulled the plug. Went out the lamp is still on.
The cleaning lady went inside and found the light on with the plug pulled out of it's sockets. So she ran out of the building and quit!!
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who used to work in the Haunted Mansion at DL years ago, and he said there's a lot of creepy stuff that goes on in there - and he's not talking about the ride. He said he's heard of people hearing children's voices laughing while they were at load or unload late at night... when no one was on the ride. Apparently one of the elevators (the one that's straight ahead of you as you first go inside) has had a lot of creepy stuff happen in it, too. There's a couple of CM stories about it on this page: http://www.hiddenmickeys.org/Disneyland/Stories/Mansion.html
and here: http://www.doombuggies.com/myths4.htm

I rememeber reading more somewhere else, but I can't seem to find them now.

At WDW, there's a lot of places people claim are haunted: a storage area at Alien Encounter, one of the scenes of the Great Movie Ride, the Haunted Mansion, Pirates, and Splash Mountain. That last three are the most commonly reported. At the Haunted Mansion, there's stories of the Man With the Cane that some CMs have reported seeing just sitting in the Doom Buggy. At Pirates, there's a ghost that's named George. It's a CM tradition there that they have to say goodnight to him each night as they close down. If they don't, the ride inevitably breaks down the next day. And at Splash, I have friends who've experienced that one firsthand. In 2000, there was a man that was killed on one of the drops in the laughing place scene (story). Well, ever since then, they've been getting weird high-water sensors going off in the spot where he was struck. And people have seen weird things. A friend of mine was a CM there, doing a ride-through one evening. As he passed through one scene (I believe he said it was the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah one) he saw a big, dark mass floating around. He said it was like a dark cloud. He never saw it again after that.
Hourglass
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to downplay your story, but it goes without saying that people will think that the Haunted Mansion is actually haunted. It's a creepy place, and people's minds wander.

Why would someone haunt a theme park ride that is called the haunted mansion?

MEESH AND MYSTICMEG'S COMBINED STORY!!!

Just another weird lil' fanfiction obsession of mine...
xfkirsten
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the Haunted Mansion invites that kind of thinking. I'm ust passing along CM lore.
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://theshadowlands.net/places/ I personally am a ghost freak and love finding info about the supernatural and know alot on the subject. yeah so im creepy so what :p i lurk around this place alot just for fun so i dont know how accurate these are but here's disneylands haunted list sccording to theshadowlands.

Disneyland - The Christmas Shop - Some of the stock crew has reported an strange feeling when alone stocking the store for the morning. There is an old photo from the 19th century of a young woman up on one of the shelves. It has been documented several different times that a stock person will noticed the photo frowning (her photo is taken with a straight face) at them along with a strange wind in the room.

Disneyland - Fire Station - some employees heard foot steps at 2nd floor at night and someone knocked the door. The 2nd floor is not open for public and it's been an empty room for several years.

Disneyland - Haunted Mansion - There are 3 spirits that are in the place all the time, elderly man (who died of a heart attack in Aug. of 1970 before there was a first aid station on the west side of the park), an elderly woman and a young man who has quite a sense of humor. There is also something nasty in the attic just before the omni-movers exit into the graveyard. Witnesses report having hair pulled in the crypt (exit) area with no one in sight, touched on the back by a hand in a car that ended up having no one in the car, seen people walk up the portrait hall or grand staircase, stop and vanish, faces peer from behind the corner at the top of the grand staircase, heard footsteps on the false floor behind the load area when there is no one else there, been touched on the face by unseen hands, seen a man in the exit mirror.

Disneyland - It's a Small World - Lights have turned themselves off/on by themselves, as well as the all the dolls moving without power.

Disneyland - Matterhorn Mountain - The ghost of a woman named Dolly, she was crushed to death after she fell out of her sled and was hit by the sled behind her.

Disneyland - Pirates of the Caribbean - The story goes that a young boy and his mom loved the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The boy got cancer and his last wishes was that his ashes be spread over the Pirates ride. Disneyland rejected that for health reasons but his mother did it anyway. At night the ride operators can sometimes see a lone boy riding one of the boats on the video monitors, but when they check it out there is no one.

Disneyland - Space Mountain - both the ride itself and the women's (employee) locker rooms are haunted by the ghost of "Mr. One-Way", a guest who died on the Space Mountain ride back in the 1970's. On the ride, he is described as a large man with reddish hair and a red face, and has been seen by guests getting into a car with a lone rider, but he vanishes before the end of the ride.

Disneyland - The Star Trader (4th floor stock room) - Cast members have felt a cold, eerie wind on the 4th floor of the stock room, when there are no doors, vents, or windows up there.

Disneyland - the old "People Mover Ride" - Reports of operating, girls (especially those with long blonde hair) would sometimes feel an unseen someone pull viciously at their hair. The boy died a few years ago on a Grad Night when he jumped out of the cabin of the People Mover, got caught and dragged underneath the car. He grabbed desperately at his girlfriends long blond hair to save himself.

Disneyland - Tom Sawyers Island - The ghost (s) of one or two people have been seen on Tom Sawyers Island. At least three boys (all Grad night victims) have drowned in the Rivers of America.

Disneyland - Tomorrow Land - Reports of a menacing presence accompanied by cold spots.
Royal Vizier

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are some good ones!

Iago wrote:

Disneyland - Pirates of the Caribbean - The story goes that a young boy and his mom loved the Pirates of the Caribbean ride. The boy got cancer and his last wishes was that his ashes be spread over the Pirates ride. Disneyland rejected that for health reasons but his mother did it anyway. At night the ride operators can sometimes see a lone boy riding one of the boats on the video monitors, but when they check it out there is no one.

Funny, I've heard that exact same story applied to the Haunted Mansion! Laughing Except the boy had been seen standing in the ballroom scene, or at the ride's exit, crying.

Quote:
Disneyland - Space Mountain - both the ride itself and the women's (employee) locker rooms are haunted by the ghost of "Mr. One-Way", a guest who died on the Space Mountain ride back in the 1970's. On the ride, he is described as a large man with reddish hair and a red face, and has been seen by guests getting into a car with a lone rider, but he vanishes before the end of the ride.

Interesting, but no one's ever actually died on Space Mountain. http://www.snopes.com/disney/parks/deaths.htm
Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the shadow lands has info on pretty much all 50 states so i like it there but funny thing is i do live across the street from one of the supposed haunted places

Yeah i never had heard of someone dying on space mountain so i didnt believ that one when i read it the others i have yet to see somthing that proves them wrong
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iago, you aren't the only one. I have had that site on my favorites for a long time now.

Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hourglass wrote:
Iago, you aren't the only one. I have had that site on my favorites for a long time now.

ok...buit just out of curiosity was there point to that?
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iago wrote:
Hourglass wrote:

Well, to ease your curiousity...

I was just pointing out that you're not the only one that likes ghost stories... I like that stuff too.

Just trying to find a common ground.

Oh well, there goes my one try.

Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hourglass wrote:
Iago wrote:
Hourglass wrote:

Well, to ease your curiousity...

I was just pointing out that you're not the only one that likes ghost stories... I like that stuff too.

Just trying to find a common ground.

Oh well, there goes my one try.

ahh ok gotcha Smile
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

see i've been reading though some of these and i find the ones who say they saw a ghostly figure, spirits in general dont normally come out as figures the most you'd see of a ghost would be an orb or a vortex or an ectoplasm(sorry no pic for that one) of some sort. Some of these Like the one mentioned for dyin on a certain ride thats pretty greusom and tragic so most likeley thats why somthing is still there. Spirits will sometimes hang around because they either dont realise they're dead and are confused or that they died so suddenly and just arent ready to go yet. For those who insome cases i have heard where they say in one area of disneyland they say walts spirit is still there and can see him standing in the window area. I have a hard time believeing that but its possible that it could be because sometimes spirits will return to a place they are attatched to in a way. Like a place that means alot to them in Walts cae i would be guessing disneyland.

Other stuff somtimes would just be peoples imaginations running a bit wild but it not out of the relm of possibility that somthing is there
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iago wrote:
see i've been reading though some of these and i find the ones who say they saw a ghostly figure, spirits in general dont normally come out as figures the most you'd see of a ghost would be an orb or a vortex or an ectoplasm(sorry no pic for that one) of some sort. Some of these Like the one mentioned for dyin on a certain ride thats pretty greusom and tragic so most likeley thats why somthing is still there. Spirits will sometimes hang around because they either dont realise they're dead and are confused or that they died so suddenly and just arent ready to go yet. For those who insome cases i have heard where they say in one area of disneyland they say walts spirit is still there and can see him standing in the window area. I have a hard time believeing that but its possible that it could be because sometimes spirits will return to a place they are attatched to in a way. Like a place that means alot to them in Walts cae i would be guessing disneyland.

Other stuff somtimes would just be peoples imaginations running a bit wild but it not out of the relm of possibility that somthing is there

Your "list" link did not work.
I've heard that spirits usually haunt the place where they feel most connected. Usually they haunt maybe a home they lived, or a place they visited. Usually it is because they don't know that they are dead, and sometimes it's simply because they do not know how to cross over.

In most cases, well... in like 94% of cases, ghosts are not people, they are orbs of light. Hallucinations have led us to believer other wise.

I can believe that Walt lingers around DisneyWorld seeing how he is so connected to that place.

Iago
Ghost Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate photobucket. here are the pics first one is an orb second is the vortex

yeah i've heard that too. generally its because they either dont know theyre dead and are confused as to why they cant ontact friends and loved ones anymore or they cant be seen. Or its not somtimes because they cant its becayse theyre not ready to cross over just yet like they need to stay behind for somthing or theyhave unfinished buisness to take care of before going

Hard tim inding out if the orbs are real anywys because i can ometimes just be a problem with the camera a trick of the light a camera strap. The list goes on. I have to dig out some of my old graveyard photos i tool and see if i acctually got anything. Especially the photos i took of the world trade center when i was down at ground zero last year
Lovesick Demented Reject

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iago, I know that you live around my area. There's a couple close to us.
The ghost at Grand Ave near Mt. Sace and the ghosts at Woodbridge on Temple and Amar..

Also I worked at the Christmas shop in New Orleans and there's no ghost in the stockroom. Only rats that scream and fight, also people screaming on Pirates. I think it's the haunted mansion about the little boy loved it so much and that he wanted his ashes to be spread in there. Note: Even though Disney said no to the mother she went and did it anyway. that's why they can't clean the haunted mansion!!. Cold spots in tommorrowland? Really strong air condition vents. i got sick standing under one. But there's a cast member that died in "America Sings". Innoventions had to close on that same date every year. Star Trader that haunts the fourth floor was a little boy that died on the People Mover. He fell under the railing and it was so bad that the fire department had to hose him down. ( I'll tell my experience with him on another post.) The fourth floor is deathly still. No air, no doors and no windows. You could breathe up there.
I really never heard about a ghost on Space Mtn. and I was there a half a century. I think maybe you were referring to the BriarPatch Girl on Splash Mtn. In the 80's there was an accident on Splash Mtn. The first drop where the snoring bear is at. The girl got freaked out and out off the ride. She fell through the dividend and she got crushed. The Briar Patch used to be a Nurse's station. She died of complications there..So once time the stock crew was fixing up the Briar Patch. There was a knock on the door and the stock person went out. There was no one there. She went back and did her duties. Second time came around the door was knocking. The stock person went and the door was flung wide open and all of the light up pens were blinking all at the same time. The Briar Patch girl was also had reportings on the logs of Splash mtn and her picture was taken through Owl Foto. One a whole Mexican family went up and complained about their photo. In the back of the picture was a little girl too young to be on the ride and she was really light skin compare to the family. She had no bottom half or little arms to hold on to the railing and she had no facial expression.The cast members print the picture out and was put in display in the managers office. It was transferred to new Orleans square. The picture disappeared. According to Disney officials the picture didn't exist.
She also leaves shoes in Pooh Corner. Pooh Corner has a ghost there too.. Another post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum