Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Disney's Aladdin In theaters May 24th, 2019
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney's Aladdin In theaters May 24th, 2019
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imekitty wrote:
I am very glad you guys are all in love with this movie so far! I still think it looks like a TV show, maybe a Netflix movie at best, and not something prepared for the silver screen, but I'm sure I'll still end up loving it to death.

I do think the colors are gorgeously vibrant. Doesn't the original movie have one of the most colorful "movie barcodes"? I wonder if this incarnation's barcode will be just as colorful. ^^

https://www.redbubble.com/people/moviebarcode/works/7198561-moviebarcode-aladdin-1992

The movie isn't finalized yet, so many of the CGI and effects are not finished yet. Pretty sure though in the trailers we will get a nice glimpse of the final version.

Depends for me whether I will like it or not. I might be a fan, but I also a bit critical, especially with things I like and care about. Hopefully it will turn out good, but I won't hesitate in telling the truth.

It sure has a wide variety of color uses, heck, it even uses a color coding for the characters and scenery. Hopefully that will remain for the live-action movie as well.
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was talking more about the angles, but yes, the texture itself looks non-cinematic.
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imekitty wrote:
I was talking more about the angles, but yes, the texture itself looks non-cinematic.

Ah, my bad. Oh well, let1s hope the final version will look great.
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking that maybe I just need to actually see it on the big screen. :b It still looks beautiful, though.

My only other tiny complaint is that Mena Massoud doesn't really look like Aladdin to me, which I think you mentioned in another thread. But it's a small thing and not something that would prevent me from enjoying the movie. Animated men have ruined real men for me; I just need to accept that...

Then again, I think Adam Jacobs does look like Aladdin. Like he really sells it. But maybe I just need to see more of Mena to buy his version, too.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm late to the party - had a busy weekend. Learned how to eat fire Razz

- I'm not really concerned with whether or not characters look or dress like their animated counterparts because I'm not looking for a straight-up remake, but a re-interpretation.

- I'm relieved Iago is silent. See above.

- I don't think they would involve Robin in the new one, unless it was a cameo. See above.

- I have a movie-aficionado friend criticizing the effects of the new trailer, but I'm trying to be optimistic until the final product is out. I may have said before, but I'm just hoping it's not OUAT-esque. I am concerned in part because of the CGI in the teaser, but mostly because everybody (even Jafar) is attractive.

- oOoOo Disney screenings - didn't even know that was a thing. I live in LA, so I could do Disneyland. I'd empty my bank account and give my left arm to attend some official cast first screening though. Not sure how to hook that up.

- In the original, the magician gets pissed and foolishly traps Aladdin in the cave when Aladdin refused to be double-crossed. Hard to imagine Jafar doing this, but it could interesting if they made it believable?

- Will probably not watch in 3D unless I don't have a choice, at least for my maiden viewing. I do not particularly enjoy 3D.

- Not sure I'll be able to bring myself to listen to the soundtrack before I see the film because I want the experience to be totally fresh.

- I'm still a season behind in Doctor Who because it's (weirdly) not streamable in Ireland, where I lived for a year, during which time I fell off the wagon and just recently hopped back on.
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not so much I want him to LOOK exactly like Aladdin. I just want him to embody his spirit. Like I want to see him and think "oh yeah that's totally Aladdin and not a guy in a costume just acting."
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a little early to make that judgment I think Razz
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree which is why it's only a tiny complaint at this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum