Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin Music
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin Music
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject: Aladdin Music Reply with quote

So, after hearing Meesh's cover of Forget About Love, I finally dug through my music collection to narrow down some of my favorite renditions of songs from the movie(s). I don't really care for when people sing the songs, so save for the Sim Gretina Remix of Friend Like Me (because it's vocals from the movie) and Adam Jacobs (who is naturally an exception) you won't hear anyone else sing on these. I also tried to keep piano renditions down to a minimum because there's a ton of those out there. If there's any version you've come across and would like to hear just let me know. Chances are I probably have it.

DOWNLOAD ZIP FILE HERE (MP3 format\179MB)

Arabian Nights (London Pops Orchestra)
Arabian Nights (The International Contemporary Dance Ensemble)

One Jump Ahead [(Aladdin Symphonic Suite)]
One Jump Ahead (Adam Jacobs Album Version)

One Jump Ahead [Reprise] (One Piano Version) [the entire One Piano Aladdin album is really good if you wanna check it out]
One Jump Ahead [Reprise] (Lucas King)

Proud Of Your Boy (Adam Jacobs Album Version)
Proud Of Your Boy (Disney Classic Lullabies)

Friend Like Me (Martin Spitznagel & Bryan Wright Ragtime Piano Duet)
Friend Like Me (Jason Lyle Black)
Friend Like Me (Sim Gretina Remix)
Friend Like Me (Texas Longhorn Band Version) [This song is MADE for marching bands. Like, I almost don't even like hearing it any other way cause it's so good Laughing. The University of Oklahoma and Auburn University have good covers of this song, too]

Prince Ali (In The Style of Bartok)
Prince Ali (London Pops Orchestra)
Prince Ali (Royal Festival Orchestra)
Prince Ali (Tiger Dixie Band)

A Whole New World (Nana Ou-yang)
A Whole New World (Royal Philharmonic Orchestra Version)
A Whole New World (Orchestra Collection)
A Whole New World (In the style of Chopin)
A Whole New World (Simple Pleasures Album Version)
A Whole New World (Disney Meets Jazz)
A Whole New World (Lucas King)
A Whole New World (David Tweedy)
A Whole New World (The Band Of H.M. Royal Marines)
A Whole New World (Stanley Cowell Trio) [I think it can drag on a bit in the middle, but the beginning and ending are really nice]

Prince Ali [Reprise] (Lucas King)
[he has a slightly more interpretive take on Reprise Pt.2 that I didn't include in the folder but you can listen to here]

*Bonus*
Suite from Aladdin by the Qatar Philharmonic
Suite from Aladdin by The John Wilson Musical Theatre [I swear this file is missing like three seconds at the end because that song doesn't end right there, but it's on official music purchasing sites like this Confused ]
The Cave of Wonders\The Market\Prince Ali March\Arabian Nights (Vogtland Philharmonic Orchestra)
Aladdin Medley from the 1993 Michigan State University Spartan Marching Band
Forget About Love (Jartisto Cover)
Out Of Thin Air (Classic Fusing Orchestra)

I did come across some covers of the songs from the Return of Jafar and There's A Party Here In Agrabah pt.1 & pt.2 from Aladdin and the King of Thieves, but there's people singing Laughing. You can preview the songs here and look at the listing full listing for the album here.

Enjoy folks!
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is dope!!! Thanks for sharing!!! I'm actually the same way with not caring for vocal covers (unless they do something interesting with it). Although I am Guilty of it

I don't have much to offer, but...

I can share this 4-year-old cell phone recording of me playing the movie version of AWNW's intro

And this so-so audio of the Forget About Love instrumental in RoJ's credits

There's also this. Most of it kinda sucks, but some of the tracks are nice. Somebody a loooong time ago ripped the entire movie without words. Can't find the link, but I have all of the audio files (you'll have to copy + paste. It's not linking for some reason):
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AhIGiV_Q3EIqnIowT-tIoiv6n4hjBA

Otherwise, I made an arrangement of the OST track "To Be Free" back in high school. I went to play it for you and it was pretty nice, but I can do way better. When I get some free time, I'll fix it up and share it Smile

Last edited by Meesh on Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, if you're in to non-Disney Aladdin stuff, Carl Nielsen composed a d000pe Aladdin suite

I wrote one too, for my MA, but it's pretty rough. One day I'll mock it up and share it!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, a few have managed to catch my ear and get in my collection over the years, but usually I just get second hand embarrassment or cringe when people start singing. Jasmine's part in AWNW in particular can make my body curl in on itself if someone doesn't get it right cause that's usually the deal breaker. (you're not a bad singer though omg <33)

You look so proud of yourself Laughing Hardly anyone does the movie intro to AWNW! I think on that list up there I just have the one by Lucas King and even that's jazzed up.

...you know I actually don't have the end instrumental to Forget About Love, so thanks for that Laughing

I WISH SOMEONE WOULD REDO THE INSTRUMENTALS. I have them, too, but they're so old and technology has progressed enough that I'm sure someone can rip it clearer and louder by now (or, you know, Disney could just release them).
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this one too. Pretty sure my bro put it on my iPod a while back, and the file is on my old/broken computer.

My thing with orchestral covers of Disney songs is always the percussion. As soon as I hear a slow ballad drumset, I am outtie.

I kiiind of know how to rip the sound off, but I'm not sure I can do better. But hey - They released extra score tracks for other movies long after their original OST releases (and deleted tracks too) So maybe there's hope?

(I wouldn't mind some tracks from the series too, but I'm defo not holding my breath on that)

--

Unrelated: I have been on this site well over 10 years and JUST NOTICED you can drag the bottom right corner of the text box to make it bigger when you're typing.

Last edited by Meesh on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to include that one cause I love the intro and their other Aladdin takes, but I find it a little ...steady? I'm not sure what the word is I'm looking for, but it's very stationary for a song set during a flight Laughing

What's a slow ballad drumset?

I'm hoping we get the next Walt Disney Records Legacy Collection treatment and they include them on there, but I'm not holding my breath.

I would love for them to release the series version of Arabian Nights and some of the scores but that might be more in line for a fan project if they put the show up on the streaming site.

I made the text box bigger to make the original post Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I was going to include that one cause I love the intro and their other Aladdin takes, but I find it a little ...steady? I'm not sure what the word is I'm looking for, but it's very stationary for a song set during a flight Laughing

Honestly that's my main problem with the Broadway version (and why I felt the need to learn the intro on piano Razz )

Quote:

What's a slow ballad drumset?

Not sure what the technical term would be. But ballad percussion like they use in the 90's pop versions of everything. Example and example (although the latter is a double offender for having no real instruments)

Last edited by Meesh on Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm waiting to see what route the live-action movie takes, but I get the feeling it's going to be slow, too, cause otherwise the most anticipated part of the movie is going to be less than three minutes long if they fly at the rate they're suppose to Laughing

Oh, that! That's unfortunately common in a lot of covers with AWNW. Over abuse of flute is another one.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Found another example, with Circle of Life. Like it's African and epic. You can do better than a cymbal on beats 2 and 4.

Also, I'm going through some of the music you shared, and so far my AWNW favs are the jazz trio (badass and creative, and I love how they quote Prince Ali) and the "Orchestra Collection" one. The Simple Things one has an interesting intro and outro then just kinda normal in the middle.

I couldn't make it through the Lucas King ones though because the instruments are sooo fake. I do like the YouTube one you linked though quite a lot!

Also, I don't care for the arrangements of the sequel choir songs you linked, but I love that they did them!! Did we ever figure out why "Nothing in the World" didn't get released on the sequels' OST?

OH!! Also, I recently found this badass One Jump Ahead Cover
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I'm waiting to see what route the live-action movie takes, but I get the feeling it's going to be slow, too, cause otherwise the most anticipated part of the movie is going to be less than three minutes long if they fly at the rate they're suppose to Laughing

THEY CAN DO IT I BELIEVE

Quote:

Oh, that! That's unfortunately common in a lot of covers with AWNW. Over abuse of flute is another one.

Flute is the easiest orchestral instrument to play a melody on, and my guess is that they don't rehearse these more than like 30 minutes each before recording. Probably also contributes to them being so stationary

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Stanley Cowell Trio? There's a ten minute version with some occasionally interjected singing, too. I try to find longer versions of the songs, but then sometimes they end up like the BBC Concert Orchestra version where they had a nice intro but repeated the middle three times before getting to the ending for 6:19 of confusion.

I was hoping they sounded better without the vocals Laughing. But I'm gonna assume it's because "Nothing In The World" was sang by Dan Castellaneta and Disney wanted the King of Thieves soundtrack (with ROJ in hand) to be strictly Robin's vocals to not clash with Dan's as part of that major apology they gave him.

I discovered looking through my list that One Jump Ahead and Arabian Nights are so rarely covered. I mean, there's like 10000 piano versions, but no one hardly does more than that.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
but then sometimes they end up like the BBC Concert Orchestra version where they had a nice intro but repeated the middle three times before getting to the ending for 6:19 of confusion.

Here, I uploaded it so y'all can hear what I'm talking about Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah that trio! I like this version too - I like the singing in it too!

Hahaha your description of the BBC one is accurate! That build-up at 1:30 (and again at 4:30) is cool but disappointingly does not keep the energy going. Sad Also 2:40 = wut.

The ending is nice. My brain wanted/expected it it to have the violin solo, like at the end of The Kiss

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right? It's like "YAY HERE WE GOOOOOO--oh." Like, I just picture Aladdin and Jasmine about to soar up to the sky really fast, but then Carpet just kind of circles back around and slowly cruises through the city again Laughing

Every once in a blue moon someone uses the ending of that arrangement for AWNW, which makes me happy.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somewhat relevant. Can't remember if this has been shared on AC, but it gets my every time:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yLsF8VMPKE&start_radio=1&list=RD-yLsF8VMPKE
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum