Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Disney's Aladdin (2019) promotional pics
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney's Aladdin (2019) promotional pics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also like to direct those of you who don't think Aladdin is attractive to the final photo in this post. Laughing

Also Aladdin's vest is a hoodie apparently
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Is that Aladdin dressed as a servant?

Yes, going by the sideburns.

Meesh wrote:
I would also like to direct those of you who don't think Aladdin is attractive to the final photo in this post. Laughing

I've been staring at this picture since it came out. It's becoming a problem Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This "Desert Moon" outfit is sending me to a new plane of existence. It's by far my favorite dress. I think in part because of her hair being down.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I've peeked at one of those books (plus one of the new trailers), I know that it is Aladdin dressed as a servant.

I love it too - I always wished Jasmine would have more outfits and would wear her hair down more in the original!

Tidbit:My coworker/friend's wife is the account for their costume company.
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. Looks like tickets will be available April 29:

https://boundingintocomics.com/2019/04/22/aladdin-runtime-and-when-tickets-go-on-sale-announced/

I have my AMC app set to remind me Smile I won't be able to see the first showing though, because my students have a concert. Sad

This article says it will be PG-13, but every other source says PG. PG-13 doesn't seem right.

Runtime of 2hrs 8 minutes does seem universally announced (some are a minute off).

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh good, I have an alert set up, too, just cause I want to be smack dab in the middle of the theater Laughing

I'll be shocked if it's PG-13. That's like....a marvel movie rating and I don't think that much violence and language is going to happen here. It's probably PG.

I am so pumped for two hours, though.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pumped for 2 hours, as long as it's well-used!

One of the books had some backstory on the genie, and while I'm down for some backstory, I don't need a gratuitous 10-minute scene about it. *coughbeautyandthebeastwindmillscenecough*

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really need to watch BATB so I can understand what everyone is talking about when they mention the unwanted extra material cause that seems to be a universal opinion (along with just not having Emma Watson as Belle at all Laughing)
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's worth watching. Honestly I enjoyed it. I just love complaining about its many flaws.
Sultan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
I would also like to direct those of you who don't think Aladdin is attractive to the final photo in this post. :lol:

Haha, I by no means think he is ugly! I just think he is a five on average and a seven at best. :b I was just hoping for an eight or nine is all...

BUT I of course recognize we all have different tastes. I am extremely picky when it comes to who I deem attractive. It's a flaw...

I think all these images look lovely. I have low expectations so hopefully I'll end up really enjoying this movie!
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pics are really nice and while I don't find Aladdin attractive that much (not my taste it seems), he's fine and seems to remain more or less the same as he was in the original.

The books gave some insights to the characters and the overall plot, which on one hand I'm thankful for it, but on the other got me even worried.

Without really spoilering much I'll say the movie does seem to have a good amount of changes and takes much more from the original tale and even add new elements. It will be also seem like a good portion of the time will be about the palace life after Aladdin becomes a prince and basically the characters get to know each other. Thats a good change imo and hopefully this will be done well.

With Genie outside of his personality change (rather big imo) it seems the no killing rule has been removed plus he's not exactly a benevolent genie with how he likes to interpet wishes (gonna be honest the comedy there weren't working for me). He will also seem to be with the maiden, so... yeah, Genie will have Dalia as his girlfriend... honestly unsure what to think.

Most concerning was Jasmine's book though (also listened to her song via that doll thingie. Really generic and unfitting imo. Feels like a big downgrade from what we got in the whole triology). The idea is nice, having her wanting to become a good Sultana for her people it's good, for real. But it's the execution that worries me in a great extent. This whole praising, claiming her to be better than anyone and be the legit best to rule while also claim that the men around her just don't understand her and hold her back... sorry, but this is full modern feminist and not in the good way. I especially find it annoying as we know Jasmine does respects her father and even acknowledges in the series that the Sultan has way more experience in ruling and she still has lot to learn.

Very worrying imo because these types of characters are not exactly that good and likeable and considering how the media lashes on anyone who dares to criticize this type of character...

Overall the movie does seem to have a chance to be good, but there are some worrying issues for sure which when they are big they can really ruin the movie experience. I still gonna try to watch it as soon as possible though due to my exam month starting right after the movie release.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signing on at work real quick to say...

i JUST GOT MY TIX OPENING NIGHT IMAX W0000000

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
P.S. Looks like tickets will be available April 29

I had to play seat hockey cause I wasn't sure about the distance of where I was sitting to the screen, but I'm in the middle of the theater on Thursday at 6PM, yay Laughing

Also "Rated PG For Some Action/Peril" just to clarify.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Signing on at work real quick to say...

i JUST GOT MY TIX OPENING NIGHT IMAX W0000000

Let me know how the IMAX one is cause I opted for the regular one before I go back for 3-D.
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are so lucky. I have to wait 3 more weeks before even the system allows me to take a seat (and still not sure if we get English release here, though I hope we get one. Rather watch this in English as the Hungarian dub...not good for this one so far https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-pqpO8HH-M).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum