Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Favorite Disney Movies
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Favorite Disney Movies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject: Favorite Disney Movies Reply with quote

So I know this is a very elementary question, and I'm pretty sure this post exists somewhere from like 2007 Laughing But what are your other favorite Disney movies? What songs from other movies do you know all the words to? etc
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mulan, Hercules, The Great Mouse Detective, Fantasia, Robin Hood, Sleeping Beauty and Who Framed Roger Rabbit (I know it's not officially but still) are the ones that keep getting replayed as I get older and I somehow have managed to actually buy over the years (although all the renaissance movies are notable favorites in some way for one reason or another. I am a child of the 90s afterall). Honorable mention goes to A Goofy Movie as it's also one of the few Disney movies I own a shirt for.

Of the more recent CG stuff, I think the only one I would be comfortable calling a favorite without feeling like a poser is Wreck-It Ralph Laughing

From the Pixar side of things it would be the Incredibles, Wall-E and Ratatouille (although my mind is still melted over how gorgeous Coco was.) Pixar movies are always solid, so this is like the most consistent favorite list for the time being and could be subject to change based off whichever one I last watched like Finding Nemo or Toy Story.

As for songs? C'mon if you haven't subconsciously absorbed the lyrics to pretty much every Disney song in existence, you're not living your life (although I am super proud of the fact I can't tell you any of the lyrics to "Let It Go" other than the phrase "let it go" Laughing)
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Mulan, Hercules, The Great Mouse Detective, Fantasia, Robin Hood, Sleeping Beauty and Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Mulan, Hercules, Emperor's New Groove, and Robin Hood for me. Then BatB or Tangled, depending on what day you ask me.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Honorable mention goes to A Goofy Movie

You know I never cared for the first goofy movie. I always liked the second one though. (Although I do have I2I basically memorized and recently called out a so-called fellow 90's-kid for calling it "Eye to Eye") Laughing

AladdinsGenie wrote:
as it's also one of the few Disney movies I own a shirt for.

I actually don't know if I own any none-Aladdin Disney merch. (besides the fairies blanket that my grandma got me - assuming that, because I like Disney, I like the fairies.)

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Of the more recent CG stuff, I think the only one I would be comfortable calling a favorite without feeling like a poser is Wreck-It Ralph Laughing

Tangled FTW, unless that doesn't count. I like the rest of the CG stuff pretty much equally. None sticks out to me.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
From the Pixar side of things it would be the Incredibles, Wall-E and Ratatouille (although my mind is still melted over how gorgeous Coco was.) Pixar movies are always solid, so this is like the most consistent favorite list for the time being and could be subject to change based off whichever one I last watched like Finding Nemo or Toy Story.

I'd probably go with Nemo or Toy Story. The score to Finding Nemo is part of why I became a musician. I wrote my grad application essay on it Smile

The only Pixar movie I was actively disappointed with was Brave, although I have not seen any of the Cars movies.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
As for songs? C'mon if you haven't subconsciously absorbed the lyrics to pretty much every Disney song in existence, you're not living your life

I feel like I'm especially good at some movies over others though. Like Hercules and Mulan.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
(although I am super proud of the fact I can't tell you any of the lyrics to "Let It Go" other than the phrase "let it go" Laughing)

I know more lyrics to Frozen songs than I'd like to admit...
Sultan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other top favorite Disney movies in order are Treasure Planet, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, The Great Mouse Detective, and Robin Hood. Other notable mentions are Snow White, Hercules, and Mulan. Favorite Pixar movie is Toy Story.

Other songs I know all the lyrics to...honestly, pretty much all from the traditionally animated films. I am for some reason familiar with almost every Disney song that is not live-action or CG.
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides Aladdin, the rest of my top 5 are:

2.Big Hero 6
3.Pocahontas
4.Robin Hood
5.The Little Mermaid
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like how Robin Hood is on all of our lists.

It's almost like we like movies about thieves with hearts of gold Very Happy

Last edited by Meesh on Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Marian, my darling, I love you more than life itself" is one of my first understandings of the concept of love as a child. I can see why people are trying to hump a fox Laughing

And I have plush of Robin and Marian on my bed with Aladdin and Jasmine, so there's definitely a theme going on here.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the most underrated Disney Love song too <3

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely. Disney songs these days need more harps to create atmosphere Laughing
Edward Falcon
Sultan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
I like how Robin Hood is on all of our lists.

It's almost like we like movies about thieves with hearts of gold Very Happy

It’s just so much fun to watch. The archery tournament was the best part. Very Happy
arisha
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all about the Disney Renaissance~ My other top favourites are Tarzan (I even wrote a blog post about it), Hercules, and Hunchback.

Mulan is endlessly fascinating to me and I can watch it over and over but it doesn't give me the emotional response that I seem to require of a movie before I can list it as a favourite. The Little Mermaid was my favourite as a child. (That's another series I need to rewatch! I remember being SUPER creeped out by the Evil Manta.)

I am less a fan of the computer animated movies, but my favourites from that set would be Tangled and Moana, which I cried all the way through. There's just something so empowering about that movie. I absolutely love the shift from "You will board my boat" to "I will board my boat."

(I definitely love the Ron and Jon movies ... Treasure Planet is another one I really enjoy. And it seems to be having something of a revival? Like I know that it wasn't beloved when it was originally released but lately I keep seeing people listing it as one of their favourites which is great!)

I also love the old Disney animated stuff, like the WAY OLD Disney animated stuff, like I am THRILLED that Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is all over the parks now. Silent movies are my nerdiest interest. Very Happy

Also the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies are my favourite movie trilogy of all time, sorry Aladdin. Laughing
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also love the PotC trilogy! Curse of the Black Pearl was my favorite though.

Does Star Wars count? Laughing I like The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Hercules, Hunchback, The Lion King, Tangled, OG Toy Story and a bunch I’m probably forgetting.
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

arisha wrote:
I am all about the Disney Renaissance~ My other top favourites are Tarzan (I even wrote a blog post about it), Hercules, and Hunchback.

I didn't appreciate Hunchback until I was an adult. Best Disney villain and best villain song!

arisha wrote:
Mulan is endlessly fascinating to me and I can watch it over and over but it doesn't give me the emotional response that I seem to require of a movie before I can list it as a favourite.

Fa Zhou: But look, this one’s late. I’ll bet that when it blooms, it’ll be the most beautiful of all
Emperor: The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all
Finally, Fa Zhou: *picks the flower and puts it in her hair* The greatest gift and honor is having you for a daughter
Me e'ry tim: *cries like a baby*

arisha wrote:
The Little Mermaid was my favourite as a child. (That's another series I need to rewatch!

Honestly, I'd actually be down to do a TLM rewatch next if y'all are.

arisha wrote:
Treasure Planet is another one I really enjoy. And it seems to be having something of a revival? Like I know that it wasn't beloved when it was originally released but lately I keep seeing people listing it as one of their favourites which is great!)

I felt pretty meh on Treasure Planet. I do really enjoy Atlantis though, which is another people don't really talk about much.

arisha wrote:
Also the first three Pirates of the Caribbean movies are my favourite movie trilogy of all time, sorry Aladdin. Laughing

I feel like we can all agree it's at least a stronger trilogy. (There was actually a pretty heated Twitter debate a few weeks ago on whether or not Aladdin is a trilogy. I did not contribute, but I did sit back with some popcorn)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aladdin is a trilogy in the same way Indiana Jones is a trilogy (since it's literally modeled after it). So it's not really fair to compare that to POTC, which is also a trilogy, but the overall story line being connected was planned ahead of time (well, it became connected once they started getting greedy and cranking out movies).

We can definitely a few rewatches though. I haven't seen a lot of Disney movies in aaaaages.

Disney's whole sci-fi phase, save for Lilo and Stitch, was always going to take people years to appreciate cause it was so radically different from the fairytales and legends they were doing before. It's definitely some of their best in terms of animation, though. The backgrounds on Treasure Planet in particular are to DIE for.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once in a while, I rewatch Lilo and Stitch to see if I'll enjoy it, but I never do. It's been a few years, so I can't really remember why. Maybe it's time for another try Laughing

And yes I'd totally be down for some Disney rewatches!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Disney All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum