Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin (2019) Discussion Thread (Spoilers Ahead!!)
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin (2019) Discussion Thread (Spoilers Ahead!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Do they still do cut scenes on DVD/blu-ray?

They do, but so much of movie watching is digital/streaming nowadays that they also release it online. So we might see some deleted scenes sooner rather than later cause clearly they have them.

Quote:
A short/sweet beautiful non-character song, like Cinderella's "Sing Sweet Nightingale" could have been very nice!

Yeeeees. The beginning kind of sounded like the reprise to OJA but with some extra notes in there to extend the beginning, but that obviously makes no sense cause he hasn't sang it yet Laughing

Quote:
Good point. My bf wishes Jafar would have successfully manipulated the sultan into deploying his army and throughout the movie we see them marching out until Jasmine finds out during Jafar's hour and succeeds in calling them off in the end.

Yeah, that would have been cool.

What gets me is he also mentions invading them first/having an ally through whatever kingdom Jasmine marries someone from would "improve Agrabah's situation" so they don't need to have guards on every corner of the street anymore. What on EARTH happened to Jasmine's mother's to make them want to be under that much security? Cause that was years ago and yet they're still under something resembling a mix of martial law and a monarchy (yet still open to the public since they're a port city). Like, she was definitely murdered from how it's reading in the movie, but was it someone from Shirabad who was upset about the marriage to someone from Agrabah? Was it a random person on the streets in Agrabah upset about a marriage to someone from Shirabad? I'm starting to wonder if Jafar killed her. He spent time in jail in her kingdom, so having a queen from that country that he would have to serve probably wouldn't sit right with him. But that also seems really obvious to do. He doesn't like outsiders, though, so there's that theming going on there as well. And he mentions his first deed as a genie is to "lay waste to those fools in Shirabad" so he's just not a fan of that place, period Laughing

Quote:
My memory is telling me it was maybe an oud?

Yes, that's it!

Maybe it wasn't a hidden mickey. Maybe it's just like that Laughing
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:

What gets me is he also mentions invading them first/having an ally through whatever kingdom Jasmine marries someone from would "improve Agrabah's situation" so they don't need to have guards on every corner of the street anymore. What on EARTH happened to Jasmine's mother's to make them want to be under that much security? Cause that was years ago and yet they're still under something resembling a mix of martial law and a monarchy (yet still open to the public since they're a port city). Like, she was definitely murdered from how it's reading in the movie, but was it someone from Shirabad who was upset about the marriage to someone from Agrabah? Was it a random person on the streets in Agrabah upset about a marriage to someone from Shirabad? I'm starting to wonder if Jafar killed her. He spent time in jail in her kingdom, so having a queen from that country that he would have to serve probably wouldn't sit right with him. But that also seems really obvious to do. He doesn't like outsiders, though, so there's that theming going on there as well. And he mentions his first deed as a genie is to "lay waste to those fools in Shirabad" so he's just not a fan of that place, period Laughing

It does seem weird that despite years after her mother's death, the security is still like the whole thing happened the other day.

I guess with Jafar telling how he was a prisoner in Jasmine's mother's kingdom, they kinda implied he was the one who killed her, but the movie never really goes into the details to make this clear and just like some other elements, this makes this underdeveloped and only there to give reasons on why Jasmine can't leave the palace (which is funny because she already left the palace just fine right at the beginning of the movie...).

okay, the day I met with the director and the writers of this new movie I will ask tons of things, because I do not want to believe professionals leave out details like that or simply just don1t go further beyond surface level.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling Dalia helps her escape sometimes since she's not at all shocked Jasmine was in the marketplace when she tells her about Aladdin. Being her chambermaid she'd be the one who gets to come and go from the palace the easiest to pick up her requests or whatever is needed for her to do her job, so perhaps she sneaks Jasmine out in a basket or a pile of laundry or a shipment or something Laughing

Or they did the ol clothes switch-a-roo since Aladdin figured out the outfit belongs to a chambermaid to the princess. That very well could have been Dalia's clothes, so the guards thought it was her leaving whenever Jasmine wore it. I'm not sure Jasmine would have an outfit like that in her closest if it belonged to her since her father would be like "um, why do you have this/need this made? where are you going?" if he saw it since there's no reason for her to leave. But maybe Aladdin just guessed a maid since the princess wouldn't be outside and it is hers idk.

The palace is pretty fortified, but I don't think it's impossible to leave. I mean, even movie Jasmine just climbed over the wall and no one caught her either when she had never left the palace before. If anyone knows the layout and patterns of the guards it would be her and Dalia. I just think that particular night was heavily secured more than usual because they were throwing a party with guests from foreign countries and didn't want anything to happen since that could cause a war.

Last edited by AladdinsGenie on Sun May 26, 2019 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I get the feeling Dalia helps her escape sometimes since she's not at all shocked Jasmine was in the marketplace when she tells her about Aladdin. Being her chambermaid she'd be the one who gets to come and go from the palace the easiest to pick up her requests or whatever is needed for her to do her job, so perhaps she sneaks Jasmine out in a basket or a pile of laundry or shipment or something Laughing

That actually makes sense, just movie doesn't really make it clear, so I didn't catch on that. Hopefully you are right on that and they did imply this on purpose.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Or they did the ol clothes switch-a-roo since Aladdin figured out the outfit belongs to a chambermaid to the princess. That very well could have been Dalia's clothes, so the guards thought it was her leaving whenever Jasmine wore it. I'm not sure Jasmine would have an outfit like that in her closest if it belonged to her since her father would be like "um, why do you have this? where are you going?" if he saw it since there's no reason for her to leave. But maybe Aladdin just guessed a maid since the princess wouldn't be outside and it is hers idk.

That can also makes sense, since Aladdin did say only peeps who can have such stuff are peeps from the Palace and based on their talking it seems that handmaidens like Dalia can go out of the palace with next to no issue.

Though I'm still not sure just how much Jasmine has been out of the palace. Even if we go with Dalia helping her sneak out every now and then, there are still issues like her not knowing that she has to pay for stuff.

Actually... I think after the AWNW song, she did say that she has been trying to get to know her people for years now so I guess she has been doing this for a good while and Dalia helping her, but the not knowing that she has to pay just makes this confusing.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
The palace is pretty fortified, but I don't think it's impossible to leave. I mean, even movie Jasmine just climbed over the wall and no one caught her either when she had never left the palace before. If anyone knows the layout and patterns of the guards it would be her and Dalia. I just think that particular night was heavily secured because they were throwing a party with guests from foreign countries and didn't want anything to happen since that could cause a war.

You are probably right and it does seem the security was higher due to princes coming for Jasmine plus the whole party that they just have.

Still, bit weird the movie never shows us how she actually sneaks out the palace, especially considering that they had much more runtime than the cartoon.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The marketplace is the part of town that's the most covered with guards, and she mentions to Dalia that what she saw there pretty much horrified her. So it sounds like that's the first time she felt brave enough to actually venue in to the marketplace knowing how risky it was as opposed to some other place in town that she's managed to sneak off to up until that point. Like she could have been watching a local festival one time, or hanging out by the port to see the ships come and go another time, or anything that doesn't involve having to pay for goods, or understand that you have to pay to get food or clothing or other items that didn't concern her on her travels since it didn't come up.

And at that time, trading was also acceptable as currency like we saw them do with her bracelet. So she might have just thought people were exchanging items for what they needed like the kind of business deals the palace probably made with other countries. "We'll give you this amount of fish from our harbor if you give us this amount of spice from your fields", for example. Thus, when she saw two hungry poor kids who clearly have nothing to trade, she just gave them a freebie cause favors do happen from time to time. Just, you know, it's gotta be YOUR stuff in order to do that and not in a my-stuff-cause-this-is-my-kingdom kind of way Laughing
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
The marketplace is the part of town that's the most covered with guards, and she mentions to Dalia that what she saw there pretty much horrified her. So it sounds like that's the first time she felt brave enough to actually venue in to the marketplace knowing how risky it was as opposed to some other place in town that she's managed to sneak off to up until that point. Like she could have been watching a local festival one time, or hanging out by the port to see the ships come and go another time, or anything that doesn't involve having to pay for goods, or understand that you have to pay to get food or clothing or other items that didn't concern her on her travels since it didn't come up.

And at that time, trading was also acceptable as currency like we saw them do with her bracelet. So she might have just thought people were exchanging items for what they needed like the kind of business deals the palace probably made with other countries. "We'll give you this amount of fish from our harbor if you give us this amount of spice from your fields", for example. Thus, when she saw two hungry poor kids who clearly have nothing to trade, she just gave them a freebie cause favors do happen from time to time. Just, you know, it's gotta be YOUR stuff in order to do that and not in a my-stuff-cause-this-is-my-kingdom kind of way Laughing

Hmm, you have a point. Just idk, for how she's supposed to be book smart and all, it's just a bit weird for me that she doesn1t get this, but I guess I'm overthinking this now.

Oh I know about the whole trading thing (still present in our country within families on the countryside) and it's clear they tried to show this with Aladdin giving her bracelet to the vendor, but idk. I get that they wanted to show Jasmine being kind-hearted and caring, but it's just weird for me how she doesn't know the methods (and yes, this bothers me in original movie as well)
Spartan Girl
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Live action Jasmine's wedding dress was prettier than the one in KOT. There. I said it. Embarassed

I liked the movie. Like everyone else said, it's not perfect and it will never be the cartoon, but it was lots of fun. I treat these live action versions like fanfic: entertaining but nothing to make a fuss over.

Mena and Naomi were great! They did Al and Jas justice. Thie singing was great, especially Naomi. "Speechless" was fabulous -- it's about damn time she got a solo song -- PEACOCK PRINCESS DOES NOT COUNT. Can we get Lea Solonga to do a cover of the song?

It was hard not to nitpick all the changes. At first I was annoyed they didn't do the carpet kiss the same way, but when I thought about it, having Carpet bump them together wouldn't work so well as it did it the cartoon -- one wrong move at they might hurt the,selves lol. I did love Jasmine getting to be in OJA and have a bigger part in the final battle.

I did miss Jafar's "Prince Ali" reprise but unless Marwan could sing it was pretty to leave him out. He was okay as Jafar.

I did miss smart ass Gotfried Iago but Alan Tudyk was funny.

Will Smith did fine as Genie. And I liked Dalia and was fine with the two of them hooking up.

So maybe not a diamond in the rough, but it sparkled and shone in enough places.

Think if this movie makes enough money they'll FINALLY release the TV series? Fingers crossed!
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get the feeling we'll get the series and the movies on that Disney+ streaming service cause they waited long enough to not have to release it on DVD/blu-ray and can just do streaming now. I still want hard copies that didn't come off the TV from 10 years ago Mad
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2019 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I get the feeling we'll get the series and the movies on that Disney+ streaming service cause they waited long enough to not have to release it on DVD/blu-ray and can just do streaming now. I still want hard copies that didn't come off the TV from 10 years ago Mad

Same. We only get a few here (like 10 episodes at best spread across 3-4 DVDs) and just missing a lot. Heck, 1-2 years ago they actually had the series on TV and even with that episodes were missing. Sure I got the series on my hard-drive, but it's not the same.

Also some peeps already talking about adapting Return of Jafar to a sequel for live-action, but like... doesn't it would need a full rewrite? Laughing
Iago is now just a regular parrot, no more genie magic at the good guys, Al and Jas are married already and sure I wouldnt mind seeing Abis Mal on the big screen, but this would still need a big rewrite. XD
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*strolls back in after several years* Laughing

I just saw the movie and I have to say I loved it. Sultan(a?) Jasmine is just an amazing concept and what she deserves, so that was great. Naomi and Mena were incredible. I loved Will Smith. The entire aesthetic was stunning and I had a lot of fun watching it in 3D. My one complaint was the lack of giant snake fight.
Sultan

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it today and I loved it. There was one shot in "Friend Like Me" where Genie turned his hands into what looked like these laser blasters. It reminded me of Mega Man. I wonder if Guy Ritchie did that intentionally to pay homage to Capcom and the fact that they made the Super Nintendo game of Aladdin and several other games based on Disney franchises.
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think it's nice the movie is bringing us all back together again or having people think of you because of the movie.

Also, for those who saw it in 3D, did it add anything to your experience? I had an RPX theater, so I got slight rumbles here and there but nothing visually fun.
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I do think it's nice the movie is bringing us all back together again or having people think of you because of the movie.

Also, for those who saw it in 3D, did it add anything to your experience? I had an RPX theater, so I got slight rumbles here and there but nothing visually fun.

Well that1s true. Nice to see people talk about Aladdin again.

Only saw it in IMAX, but honestly, outside of that rewind part, I never felt that it really made use of 3D.
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There wasn’t really anything 3D that jumped out that I can remember. FLM looked really good though I’m sure it looked just as good in digital.

PostPosted: Tue May 28, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
(which by the way Aladdin should have abs of steel like holy shit @ some of the moves he was doing Laughing)

MENA MASSOUD WORKED HARD FOR HIS “ALADDIN” ABS
https://www.interviewmagazine.com/culture/mena-massoud-aladdin-abs-movie-adaptation-will-smith

“My exercise regime for the film was really intense. I’d work out with a trainer six days a week, and then I had a stunt rehearsal team that would do boxing, stretching, and a little bit of parkour. And yet, people don’t get to see me shirtless in this movie. I don’t know if you’ve seen the trailer, but this Aladdin wears a shirt.”

I told y'all Laughing
They put a shirt on Aladdin to do everyone a favor Laughing Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum