Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Aladdin (2019) Discussion Thread (Spoilers Ahead!!)
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Aladdin (2019) Discussion Thread (Spoilers Ahead!!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it! It helps set up how easy it was for Genie to screw over Jafar. But I mean it's not necessary and I'm not mad about it being deleted.
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*finally gets back from Transylvania*

Look, I get that this was for laughs and jokes on the whole myth of genies, but this kinda makes me dislike Will Genie a bit more. Like if he could have this much saying into wishes, why he never made Aladdin a real prince (he legit admits, that Aladdin is not a prince, just illusion, which is kinda goes against what the wish was) while granting all of Jafar's wishes just as Jafar wanted (mind you the whole 3rd wish thing was not even a twisting of his wish, since Genie himself said that genies are the most powerful beings, so he simply just gave that to Jafar)?

I don't know, just kinda makes him look not that good in my eyes. Disney seems to have a mentality that supposed good guys doing mean/questionable stuff is fine as long as it's played for laugh, ignoring how and what these stuff indicates to a character overall. Not too happy about that.

Plus honestly, this whole "genies can be tricky" stuff was portrayed much better at Eden. We saw why she "twisted" Abismal's wishes (plus hers were kinda clever and really showed the loopholes in the wishes Abismal made) while still portraying her as a good character with her introduction, her relationship with Dhandi and with Genie.

Honestly though the scene is fine, I can see people laughing on it, but not big fan of what it indicates plus how the actual movie goes.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLiNVoBckLqLlZrcayZZeyrQdaB7Tc-_Ci&v=bbcqFZ9uNU4

Desert Moon!! This is a cute song, but might have slowed things down a bit to have a slow ballad that early.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh kind of boring, and it doesn't strike me as a folk song that their ancient Arabian mothers taught them. I wonder if they shot the scene?
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice touch with the song having the tune they know from their mothers, but don't really feel much about it. I do like the lyrics, just a bit too slow for my taste.

Meesh wrote:
Meh kind of boring, and it doesn't strike me as a folk song that their ancient Arabian mothers taught them. I wonder if they shot the scene?

They said the scene will be in the extras, just like the one with wishes needed to be worded specifically.
AladdinJasmine4ever
Streetrat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an Aladdin and Jasmine shipper... I have been waiting with bated breath since I first heard about a duet. Admittedly it's been something I have been fantasizing about, each idea becoming more fantastic than my previous thought. So, I admit maybe my expectations were too grand.

I am really not feeling this song. I think Meesh wrote it correctly. It doesn't have any Ancient Arabic folk-lore vibe. Sounds like a bad knock off of a Troy and Gabrielle song from High School Musical. A new love song would have been great. I feel it could have bridged the gap because I didn't sense a lot of chemistry between Mena and Naomi. I wasn't feeling it.

I just read there is talks of a sequel. I definitely will not be watching. I saw the live action 4 times in theater but each time I was very disappointed. I hated Jasmine/
Robo4900
Streetrat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Genie scene was funny, and I think would've been nice to include in the film, but I see why they cut it.
I feel like the scene might've helped out with making the Aladdin and Genie stuff in that bit of the film feel a lot more natural. Great as that stuff was, the faux-Robin Williams stuff when Genie was granting Aladdin's wish really didn't land. Some stuff more like this deleted scene would've fixed that nicely.
Honestly though, any excuse to see more of Massoud's Aladdin and Smith's Genie interacting is a good one, so regardless, I'm happy to have seen this deleted scene.

The song... After all the talk of it before and around the release, I was intrigued, but now having heard it... Meh. It would've been the weakest song on the soundtrack. Just like the last time a new duet was written for Aladdin and Jasmine... And in the same place in the story, no less.
I still think they should've written some duet rearrangement/reinterpretation of Proud Of Your Boy to go there. There was so much setup throughout the film for that song to show up in some way, and I feel like doing it there in that way would've been a really cool, unique way to do it. But alas, I guess that song will remain the underrated classic it is for now.

As for the talk of a sequel... The best stuff about this film was when it was doing its own thing, so a sequel that realises this and does more unique stuff... Yeah, I'd watch that. Would probably be a fun time.
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://people.com/movies/hear-aladdin-duet-exclusive-deleted-song-desert-moon/

Here's a clip of the song with some visuals. I don't think it was fully rendered yet cause Rajah is missing all his facial fur.
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it. I like A Million Miles Away more but I’m all about the duets.
Elemental

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhm... As a music video I do like, but in the movie.... it puts the movie yet to another halt, like Speechless part 2. It's quite jarring to me how the henchmen ignoring Aladdin singing nonstop (kinda breaks the illusion of the movie, as this doesn't happen with other songs).

Plus, isn't that a bit early for that? If I remember correctly in this new movie at that part they are not in love yet, least not in a full on love-mode as that song suggests it.

Honestly I get why this whole scene was cut-out. It's nice music video though.

Sadly I need to wait till September 10 to be able to buy it here. Curious about the behind the scenes stuff tbh.
Princess of Agrabah
Fangirlishly Enamored Soul

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AladdinsGenie wrote:
https://people.com/movies/hear-aladdin-duet-exclusive-deleted-song-desert-moon/

Here's a clip of the song with some visuals. I don't think it was fully rendered yet cause Rajah is missing all his facial fur.

I love her dress in that.
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw this is actually pretty cute. Boring song, but I do like the idea that they're still thinking of each other. I also love her dress Smile

zitagirl wrote:
Plus, isn't that a bit early for that? If I remember correctly in this new movie at that part they are not in love yet, least not in a full on love-mode as that song suggests it.

Eh, if I'm accepting that he's smitten enough to use his first wish to try to marry her, I'll accept that he'll sing her a song too Laughing
Elemental

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Aw this is actually pretty cute. Boring song, but I do like the idea that they're still thinking of each other. I also love her dress Smile

zitagirl wrote:

Eh, if I'm accepting that he's smitten enough to use his first wish to try to marry her, I'll accept that he'll sing her a song too Laughing

Fair enough. Plus agree, her dress is really nice.
zitagirl
Elemental

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNIihS_fFtk

Some deleted scenes from the movie.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing this!!

1 - The petals falling/amorous gaze is very cute. The rest of the scene, not necessary

2 - Jafar scene is cringe-y.

3 - Dahlia and Jasmine pretending to guess the cannon is funny. The rest of the scene drags on.

4 - We've talked about this one. I still like it. It helps the part when Genie screws over Jafar

5 - I think this scene helps show how Jasmine's mother's death still affects them and how Jafar is abusing his power. But it's also not necessary. If they kept all of these scenes with Jasmine being contrary, it would get really old like WE GET IT. Although the ending of it also shows why Jafar might have been hypnotizing Ali at the harvest festival. I didn't really get that segment.

6 - Scene with Genie and Aladdin isn't necessary or really all that entertaining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum