Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Disney's Aladdin 1st Official Trailer and Poster
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Disney's Aladdin 1st Official Trailer and Poster
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject: Disney's Aladdin 1st Official Trailer and Poster Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foyufD52aog
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been like twenty minutes since I saw the trailer and I'm still giggling over that moment when Genie just slides Aladdin across the floor when he tries to be bossy Laughing
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I was not expecting Naomi to sing like that Shocked
Chris
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it! And I new Naomi could sing but I was worried about Mena after hearing he learnt for the movie. Really glad he sounds good, that's a big relief going into the movie.

Now, can I please get Proud of Your Boy in there! Razz
zitagirl
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From what I see they try to miss the original tale with the 1992 version. Admirable and I hope it will work out.

Jafar is still so nothing. I get what they try to do with him, but honestly the actor who plays him has 0 charisma and charm in this role, let alone any power in his voice. I'm afraid he will be a big weak point.

Will Smith Genie is still not really 1 I really like. his debut appearance for me was bit cringe and not funny (I get it, try to mock the typical genies, but just found it forced and so not really unique), Friend Like Me is...visually not fan of it, bu the music is alright I suppose. The desert scene where he made a joke on Aladdin's wish...look I get this was trying to make fun of the original movie plus show that genies can be jackass, but... was that really necessary? Plus if he can be a jackass genie, why he will keep granting Jafar's wishes as Jafar would want?

Now I do have ideas what could be the possible ways to still grant Jafar wishes as Jafar wants them, but really not fan of them so far.

I did like where he pushed Aladdin to Jasmine via magic. That little moment was really capturing the 2.

It seems though this genie won't shapeshift at all, the best he will do is change into human and have different clothes... bit disappointing for me, but maybe for the better.

Aladdin and Jasmine... very 1 note each so far, but I feel like they showed Aladdin a bit badly. That scene where he tells he's the boss... yes, it's part of his character, but admittably that part makes him look like a jerk (that he needs to overcome and be himself fully). i do hope they will show Aladdin as likeable as he was in the original, but worries me that they highlighted such part.

For Jasmine...trailer really doesn1t say much about her, despite how in previous article kept telling us how she will be a modern feminist and becomes a true ruler. There was 1 little clip though with her which is probably from her song, but really not much we got.

Visuals and music are really good though. I really like the Arabian Nights in this, Whole New World is fine, though I expected that to be good (though visuals on that doesn't seem that remarkable as it was in the original). Only Friend Like Me that I wasn't a fan of.

Also rip Iago. He will just be a bird (and a giant bird in the 3rd act).

Overall I think it might be good. Most things seem to work or least be interesting. Really only big issue imo is Jafar (just not the best actor to play him) and Will smith Genie. Nothing against him, but I feel like if you don't really like him, you won't like his Genie much either (and personally I'm still not fan of him, despite actually liking that small moment plus his human version looks much better).
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love it and everything about it and I feel SO much better after the last teaser!! Can't stop watching it haha. SO PUMPED

Jury is still out on the Jafar actor and Mena's singing.
Elemental

Location: Travelling in time and space on the Guliverkli 5, trying to catch up to the TARDIS.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guess I'm in the minority not loving the trailer XD. Rip me, I'm not a true fan as it seems. xd

Also apparently on Twitter it's been confirmed that Alan Tudyk would be the voice of Iago. I thought he won't talk. (Plus rip Gilbert Godfried. I thought he would return if he got the chance)
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha you're allowed to be a fan and hate it! Razz

Twitter confirmed Question
Elemental

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Haha you're allowed to be a fan and hate it! Razz

Twitter confirmed Question

Hate is a harsh word as I definitely don't hate it. I like some stuff in it so far and adore that little scene where Genie pushes Aladdin to Jasmine with magic. That's just so typical of them Razz

Sec, let me find the article. Here https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/aladdin-alan-tudyk-voice-iago-1194074
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! I'll bet he doesn't actually speak.
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This trailer makes me a tad more optimistic. But I thought Mena's singing was awful. I hope maybe it'll sound better in the actual movie!
imekitty
Sultan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Argh, you know, it's just...I cannot even begin to express my disappointment in the casting for Aladdin. Like I was already sad that he's not very attractive and looks way too old so I was at LEAST hoping he'd be a phenomenal singer, but...alas. My last hope now is that he can capture Aladdin's spirit.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*shrug* I think he's adorable.

Still trying to decide whether or not I'm going to listen to the soundtrack before I see the film.
Elemental

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imekitty wrote:
Argh, you know, it's just...I cannot even begin to express my disappointment in the casting for Aladdin. Like I was already sad that he's not very attractive and looks way too old so I was at LEAST hoping he'd be a phenomenal singer, but...alas. My last hope now is that he can capture Aladdin's spirit.

Funnily enough after this trailer I think he's a good Aladdin. Sure he doesn't look as attractive as cartoon version, but honestly based on the trailer I think he has the potential to capture Aladdin well.

I'm more worried about Naomi Scott now. Ignoring the articles I really don't see her that compelling yet as Jasmine. Idk, just something bugs me about her.
Mirage
Agrabah Citizen

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but Aladdin is not supposed to be cocky and say things like 'I'm in charge". Why do they change the personality from the original. This line comes off as not humble.

If they change too much to make them entirely different personalities, a dark destiny will overcome their film. The soul of the movie will be ripped apart. Laughing
Favorite Quotes: "I do love a tragic ending."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> News & Updates All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum