Aladdin Central Messageboard :: View topic - Series Rewatch Thread&Discussion
Aladdin Central

Text / Information Images Multimedia Interactive Miscellaneous Links Contact Credits / Disclaimer  
Aladdin Central Messageboard

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Series Rewatch Thread&Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AladdinsGenie
Genie of the Messageboard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two To Tangle

So maybe this is his last episode cause he's pretty much at the end of his life from the sound of it

Mozenrath: I need a new body...one that's young and agile.
*cuts to Aladdin*
This is how fanfic starts

Again with Abu the transportation

"Not if I get there first, princess-woman" that's the weirdest nickname yet

Mozenrath, as Jasmine: I’m tired of playing, Aladdin. Why don't we go for a walk in the garden? *takes his hand*
This is also how fanfic starts

I forgot Aladdin had the obligatory body swap episode

WHAT OTHER DISNEY PRINCESS IS OUT HERE DOING IT LIKE JASMINE???

"Who ordered the gumdrop and pepperoni?" Dhandi Laughing

Laughing Genie is so mean sometimes

Abu's single emo tear

me meeting aladdin Laughing

yikes @ this moment where mozenrath is horny for jasmine through aladdin. i'm actually a little shocked this made it in.

it's probably supposed to be legit writing but it's funnier if Genie gave him a paper full of scribbles Laughing

that looks pickable...

Jasmine in pink sleepwear, ahhh <33

...is this supposed to be Aladdin's room or just where he was staying for the night? Did he move back in finally?

"There's the thief!!"
*silhouette of Aladdin*

*Mozenrath clearly does something through Aladdin*
The gang: Aladdin, get ahold of yourself! ):<
Aladdin: I'm sorry ):

evil!aladdin has the best faces Laughing

these worms look like the netherworld ones from beetlejuice

"Excuse me, Al. Do you need some help?" Laughing

Laughing

Did he just yeet those worms to outer space?

this really feels like I'm watching my two brain cells fight Laughing

me: how does mozenrath's spirit still have power through aladdin but not alad--

me: ah okay that's better

"I refuse to lose to a street rat!" you were trying to take his body like three minutes ago though

All his endings seem ambiguous enough to be his last but this is the second time he's lost that gauntlet and this time the gang kept it so idk at this point. Does that mean he stopped the slow process of dying?

chug chug chug chug

I never understood this ending with the cup filling back up again. Does this mean even if they spilled the elixir, more would have appeared so they have nothing to worry about?

Every Opportunity To Touch

These shouldn't even count but whatever Laughing

Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2020 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: The Prophet Motive

[quote="AladdinsGenie]Apologies for this being late! I thought I posted it before I left for a quick trip (my granny's funeral, ugh), but forgot about it[/quote]

My belated condolences. We went through that in September <3

AladdinsGenie wrote:
The mouth of Mamoon-Ra looks like a relative of the magic mirror from Snow White

Thaaaat's what it is.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
The one he took getting out of the cave of wonders in the first episode was worse.

Are we referring to the 1992 feature as the first episode now? Laughing

AladdinsGenie wrote:
We have a few more with him coming up but his whole thing about looking after Aladdin never really happens.

I think it does. Although... Does him giving the prophecy to Aladdin really actually accomplish anything in this episode except build tension?

----------------------------------------------------

It’s been so long I hope I remember where I left off Laughing

OH goody The Prophet Motive this is a fun one.

Is there something wrong with my playback, or is this just a static ima- Ah okay it’s moving we’re good that was on purpose

I’ve never noticed that Fasir was Fashoom's brother, and look how young he looks in the cave drawing!!! This plus his history with Mirage just fuels my need for more backstory.

Fasir: And who mentioned money?
Uh uh, nope. I got scammed like this in Morocco.

I like to think that Carpet is pan.

Genie and Jasmine are cute friends. This reminds me of the scene with them in KoT.

Did we decide when Aladdin learns to sail a ship?

Genie: We’d drop like a stockbroker on Black Tuesday!
Or during a global pandemic! ... Too soon?

Yo Abis Mal is a weirdly good climber.

Abis Mal: I’ve got your genie! Until I let him out, then he’ll be my genie.
Iago: Oh, that can’t be right. Can it?
Aladdin: Uh, I - I don’t know! Well, it’s never come up before!

Early because it has definitely come up before… For the sake of chronology though… When? I can’t remember.

Other Chronology Notes: First Fasir ep? I feel like it is. Definitely before Sands of Fate and While the City Snoozes. In general, it feels kinda early too. Al and Jas don’t have that smooth confidence they have in later eps.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
AladdinsGenie wrote:
The one he took getting out of the cave of wonders in the first episode was worse.

Are we referring to the 1992 feature as the first episode now? Laughing

Yes Laughing

Quote:
Did we decide when Aladdin learns to sail a ship?

I think they figured since he can navigate Carpet he can steer anything. But like Carpet is doing all the work there so....
Horses, too, I mean I'm not sure he'd just know how to ride one but that's more realistic than a ship
AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ethereal

Uh oh, it's a prophecy episode. Time to overreact!

Pink pajamas with a purple robe, yaaaas

This is more than just a little hail. This is the desert freezing over with hail in the middle of the summer. I know it gets cold but not this cold.

Also I'm guessing this is early series if they're questioning Jasmine's dream cause this wouldn't be the first time someone has seen a vision/had a dream and its come true. Although this brings up the idea of false alarms and weird stuff happening for non-nefarious reasons Laughing

"Hey, not all of us are gonna marry wealthy!" He says this like Aladdin isn't filled with guilt every moment of his life over that fact Laughing

We always meet the poorer citizens of Agrabah. We never meet the other classes (unless they don't exist....
Jasmine, 84 episodes ago: we need to talk about the poor people of Agrabah
Sultan: Poor people? We have poor people in Agrabah? Let's make everyone poor then! Laughing)

Jasmine overpaying for this cloth, aww

CREATURES OF DESTRUCTION Laughing

Why are the creatures of destruction giant scorpions?

This Louisiana accent Genie is doing is making me think I'm with my relatives Laughing

"A malevolent, omnipotent being shows up and you tackle her?!" Before Iago said this, I literally typed "why are y'all trying to tackle an ethereal being that dropped out of the sky to judge your whole civilization??" Laughing

Don't do this, Genie, don't come up with a weapon to make things worse

"Siskon and Ebris gave it two thumbs up" Laughing

This library is gorgeous though. I wanna see more of Agrabah, dammit

Y'all just out here cooking carpet and abu??

This is a cool shot of the marketplace, too.

We really should have had more episodes with the city people who weren't just Omar and Farouk, or the Thieves Den locals

"International House of Hummus" - they are really bringing out the top tier puns this episode Laughing

With everything Aladdin has done in this series, THIS is what makes him sweat Laughing

Floaty-spinny death cube

It's funny cause in any other episode this staff side plot would have been the thing that worked

It kind of blows my mind that time and time again after saving and prioritizing Agrabah and its citizens, they didn't think it's the people that make the city what it is earlier.

"From now on, free apples for you and your monkey!!" Laughing

I feel like we've met these children before...

I appreciate Jasmine and the sultan are the kind of royals that stick it out with the people instead of run off during a crisis

Jesus, this series was getting dark towards the end

So I noticed they always says "____'s gone" instead of "____'s dead" despite using "death" and "die" in the series.

"dead bodies make me happy, you can have your city back now"

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Shadow Knows

Man I don't remember this episode (I also can't believe I'm on the second to last one)

Ooh, Faraboo is so cool

Oh God, it's an Ayam episode. Hopefully this is better than his last one.

Is this Sahib different from the one who sells maps? Laughing And aww, Aladdin planning to make Jasmine breakfast (somehow I get the feeling Genie is gonna help though)

They had a lot of evil!Aladdin plots in the latter half of the series

I can't tell if this outfit is the same pink one she's been wearing at night lately and it just looks washed out because of the recording or a new light pink one

Me: Jasmine, he's a shadow. He can escape.
The Shadow: Jasmine, I'm a shadow. I can escape.

Now everyone is going to have dramatically lit shadows the whole episode so we can keep track of them even though the light source for this makes no sense Laughing

Laughing

I appreciate how Jasmine gets herself in to more trouble just by talking smack Laughing

I remember these bouncy balls as a kid

This moment is so random Laughing

"semi-phenomenal, nearly cosmic, and totally evil" - I'm going to use this in a conversation somewhere

Carpet doesn't have a face, but I know he definitely was making an "oh hell no!" expression when he realized he was next and high-tailed it out of there Laughing

"shadow monkey-boy" - this is getting dumb

Talk about shadow-boxing

A classic

Peter Pan is somewhere cracking up at this whole thing

The route to the shadow world looks like an MC Escher drawing

This is one of the best drawn frames of Aladdin in the series

these clowns Laughing

I like that Ayam is entertaining Genie's antics with this baseball game Laughing

Okay, you can just take his shadow. You don't have to destroy his toys.

"you BEAST!!" - man, that is absolutely not what Jasmine was about to call her shadow Laughing

You know, in terms of success rate, this is one of the few times a villain has managed to take out the whole gang

Wait, how does Jasmine know the way to the Shadow Realm? Or Carpet for that matter?

Aladdin: What's the plan?
Genie: Insult Ayam until he gets mad enough to throw a bomb at the gatekeeper of shadows and pray it removes the web and not kill her
Aladdin: Sounds good to me

"I've been tricked" - yeah that happens a lot with you

The end Laughing

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this is the last episode of the series, but I'm going to watch that episode on the Follow Your Dreams DVD with Jasmine, too and maybe do some after thoughts later.

The Great Rift

Aladdin's jobs ranged from ambassador who went to pick up officials, scout who secured and created trade routes, and Indiana Jones Laughing

Is that a hidden mickey?

Aladdin: These symbols look like some sort of puzzle

*presses big button in the middle to open chest*

Aladdin: ah nevermind

Iago willing to fight a hawk over treasure definitely seems late-series Laughing

Oh, Zabar was turned in to a hawk. I thought she was just a furry with a thing for hawk husbands Laughing

This mural is killing me for a number of reasons but none more so than the people running for dear life away from the guy trying to kill them Laughing This is how they choose to depict their citizens and Jasmine is just like "Agrabah looks glorious!"

"For me it has always been a special place, Jasmine. Everything that's important to me is here. You, the people, and the palace."
This is either after The Ethereal or the sultan is just that dense to not realize this is the answer she was looking for

"Agrabah is my greatest treasure"
Arbitus is somewhere screaming in the afterlife

It gets funnier up-close Laughing

Me: He could feed a lot of people...

Queen Delukah: I'm here for my jewels

*walks right in to the treasure room and no one - not even the guards - stops her*

She looks nothing like her brothers

Something else I should have kept track of: how many times Jasmine calls someone a "monster". That's like her favorite insult.

I like this transition of it being calm and peaceful outside, and then they show the palace and it's like

a mood

This is such a funny shot Laughing

It's bothering me so much she turned in to a purple jewel. Like I get it, purple was a rare color and signified royalty, but......that's not her color, you know? Laughing

when you beef with your siblings so hard you unleash an ancient evil

"Queenie and her no-neck brothers" Laughing

Laughing

Nice to see the Ends of the Earth have defrosted

I know the people of Agrabah must be like "What in the Thursday afternoon is going on here??" Laughing

Who are you yelling to for help in the middle of the desert?

when you couldn't find it in your heart to smash a jewel and now you're gonna die

Delukah: You can't destroy my emerald!
Aladdin: Sure I can! It's easy!

Laughing Laughing Laughing the way Scott said that "..what?", too, I'm crying Laughing

Of course, just smash it with a hammer. Why didn't he think of that?

Aladdin's vest has pockets?

Random, but Delukah and Zebar's clothing are my favorites in the series of all the foreign lands we've seen

Delukah: Can you ever forgive me?
Zebar: I did a long time ago, my love
A++ character, we needed more of Zebar and less of...idk Malcho. I hope Aladdin got advice from him or something. He's so cool.

Aladdin: King Zebar, Queen Delukah, welcome to Agrabah (but your brothers have got to gtfo)
Speaking of which, did we just...leave them out on the balcony? Laughing

So wait, are we just not going to address they are thousands of years old according to Genie at the beginning of this ep?

Jasmine: MORE WOMEN IN MY LIFE

AladdinsGenie

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More Than A Peacock Princess

I have not watched this since it came out in 2007. This should be interesting.

It's such a massive whiplash going from Jasmine's 90s voice to ...whatever they make Linda do now with her voice to sound more Princess-y (which I think is nothing cause if I recall she had to lower it to get the part to begin with)

I love this shot of Jasmine's room though (and the implication she gets a new flower to replace the one Aladdin gave her)

"It happened when Aladdin and Genie were away for a few days" - NO HUMANOID BOYS ALLOWED

EVERY MOMENT RED LETTER

The palace looks really good

A good boy ❤

Carpet helping to open a rug shop lmao

I love that Carpet is riding an elephant cause he can't be bothered to fly while being Jasmine's secretary.

This list tells you absolutely nothing. It's just him checking off boxes Laughing

Girl, this is so ugly

"I speak several languages!" ❤_❤

"I can name every one of the forty thieves!" - Boy do I have something to tell you about that one named "Cassim" Laughing Laughing Laughing Literally the only way this episode works is if it's before their wedding.

This is Lea's voice singing this song?! When did Jasmine become a second soprano?!

This is exactly the vibe I feel I'm supposed to get watching this

"I can help the poor" - we're still dealing with that huh? Laughing

This damn song is gonna be stuck in my head now

Jasmine's courtyard has changed a million times over the years

When Aladdin isn't around, Iago does musical numbers with Jasmine

This is exactly how I feel when I draw Laughing

I love that as this episode progresses, Linda and Gilbert start to sound normal again instead of whatever watered down version of their characters they were asked to play

Jasmine really did go from drop kicking sorcerers to standing there looking pretty. Like, maybe they were getting closer to their wedding and Sultan was like "you gotta calm down with all that" and gave her mindless tasks to unwind from her super dangerous lifestyle.

when you've been turned in to a rat, a jewel, a slug, a statue, and a giant snake yet are then expected to have a normal life after that

I just realized they're in the same courtyard as the room Aladdin was staying in when he was Prince Ali

"cousin Sharma" oh look, more women that could have been in Jasmine's life this whole time

Jasmine, looking at this adorable Aladdin-esque child: Father, we have to hire Hakeem
Sultan: But deares--
Jasmine: WE HAVE TO HIRE HAKEEM

Aw, I love the idea of Jasmine's mother having horses still around

Captain of the Guards - did we fire Rasoul or did he finally quit? Laughing

A+++ reference Laughing

I thought Abu went with Aladdin. I was confused when he showed up just now.

I'm guessing this is Jasmine's cousin on her mother's side

Don't trust this, Jasmine. No children are this behaved ever.

This is also a drawing mood Laughing

Jasmine really got a tiger to scare those kids in to behaving Laughing

Aneesa! Ahh, more women ❤❤❤

I love that Jasmine bathes with her earrings and headband still on. Gotta stay cute in the tub.

idk who's room this is but I kinda want a bed like this now

As this episode progresses, it starts to feel more and more like a series ep. Look at the gang ❤

This Judge Judy-esque court show homage is SO mid-2000s Laughing

Iago has always been able to understand Abu. When did he lose the ability?

Abu was about to let this kid lose his job cause he let Sahara out of his gate to get some figs Laughing

"Be strong, never give up, seduce my father for a few hours cause I really gotta find this horse"

Another A+ movie reference with Iago smacking in to the wall Laughing

"I've been riding horses since before I knew how to walk" I love all this new information on Jasmine

Yaaaas Aneesa. Get it girl.

Hmm looks familiar....

"If Carpet comes back without me, tell my father I had to do it. Not just for him, but for me, too" - She acts like she's about to die for real Laughing

I was gonna say shouldn't Sahara cut Jasmine some slack for being the daughter of the only person who he let ride him, but then I remembered he must be like 30 years old so the reason he's like this is because he's cranky.

series-style humor

when you apply the lessons of perseverance to a murderous horse and become its friend

What a gorgeous shot. It's really bugging me out this 30 minute short is animated better than the entirety of the Aladdin series

I just realized this is TWO members of the palace staff in one shot. We went from seeing just the chef to seeing Jasmine and Sultan's immediate help.

"Yep, you guys gotta start taking me seriously now and letting me have more responsibility because the previous years of proving myself wasn't enough"

Ugh, Aladdin and Jasmine's commitment to helping children. I know they probably ended up having their own child/children, but I also want them to just sort of symbolically adopt all the kids of Agrabah and take care of them.

Jasmine: Don't fuck with me, I rode that horse and didn't die

Child: That's right, she rode that horse and didn't die. We can't fuck with her anymore.

You know, this wasn't terrible. It could have been better, but for a Disney Princess-take of the canon it's not horrible.
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: That Stinking Feeling

AladdinsGenie wrote:
We're FINALLY at Uncouthma's first eps after watching all his others backwards

The River Song of Aladdin...

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I love this subplot of Iago training Abu to fight the plant monster

He's gonna be SO ready when Arbitus attacks

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Aladdin: I can't believe you would use Uncouthma this way!
Jasmine: How could you?!
Genie: Yeah, that's their job.
snaaaaaaap

He was SO QUICK with that line and I am SO HERE FOR IT.

--------------------------------------

I remember this one is fun but also immature

The score when Iago flies Abu to the plants sounds like temp music for KoT

Aladdin: Why would Abu and Iago just take off without telling me, Genie?
Me: And how'd they talk Carpet into going?
Aladdin: And how'd they talk Carpet into going?

This scene with Jasmine being passive aggressive with Aladdin is annoying. Something a little more subtle would have still worked because Aladdin acts like an ass when Uncouthma shows up.

I love how the composer actually scored hit points for each individual camel fainting in the marketplace.

When Genie turns Aladdin into a boxer, we see his whole chest and I thought of you AG Laughing

Genie: Oh, that hurts so good.
... Okay this line explains a lot.

Jasmine: As an Agrabah tradition, may I present you with the royal melon... It is our custom for the guest to throw it at the highest window.
... I think of this line often. It's one of her funnier moments in the series.

Chronology... Verrrry early - first Uncouthma episode, suuuuuper early Aladdin/Jas relationship (the insecurity is off the charts), Jasmine is still learning diplomacy, early Carpet for trusting Iago and flying scared when they got to the forbidden oasis, early Iago/Abu because Iago doesn't understand Abu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:

When Genie turns Aladdin into a boxer, we see his whole chest and I thought of you AG Laughing

My greatest accomplishment in life, thank you Laughing
Meesh
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Beast or Famine

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I totally forgot about this cracked out-looking shaman, like if someone showed me a picture of him and asked me what series he's from I would have shrugged Laughing

Same! Haha

Aladdin: If whatever got the Beast — and Merc — is close by, no caravan would be safe coming through here.
... Aaaaand you just let Abu run off into the desert.

*rolls eyes* Is this gonna be a rescue-Abu and Genie-realizes-he-is-annoyoing episode? I literally don't remember AT ALL.

Okay so they're not kidnapping Abu. That's a relief.

I zoned out for a couple minutes because I'm so bored of this meat fest episode.

Oh yeah Merc is a thing.

Merc: Is annoying
Aladdin: Isn't taking his shit
Merc: Is still annoying
Aladdin: (manhandling Merc) You may not need anyone, but Genie is my friend! And we're gonna save him together!
Me: *heart eyes*

How many times has Genie tried to entertain his way out of a trap, and how many times has it worked?

Okay that skeleton ship is really badass though.

Aaaand they destroyed it. What a shame.

Shaman: Now I will conjure a creature so terrifying the mere sight of it will drive you to madness!
Me: Please be derpy please be derpy please b- ... yes good

Genie: Leaders care for you. They don't hurt you.
(cuts to Aladdin risking his life)
I'm not sure if the cut was supposed to show that Aladdin is a caring leader, but I took it that way, and it actually touched me a little.

Genie: (flexing) Yes! Feel the Bern!
Laughing

Chronology: Merc’s second episode, late enough Aladdin is trusted with a trade route (although not the only one), late enough Aladdin seems to be over toxic masculinity and very confident in his own competence. (so likely after Plunder the Sea type eps)
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: The Spice is Right

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Why is Genie out in the marketplace as himself? Are we at a point in the chronology where that's okay now?

I wonder if it's less of a chronology thing and more of a I-don't-feel-like-standing-out-today kind of thing. Question

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Wait, I'm sorry, was their plan to drop a pyramid on him meant to kill Ayam? Did they figure since he was already dead all they had to do was kill him again? Murder was the goal here?

This, plus the whole Genies-can't-kill thing made me REAL confused on the logic behind that move.

AladdinsGenie wrote:

An underrated look tbh

This moment gets me E V E R Y T I M E

-----------------------------

This was always one of my favorites for that sweet moment when Aladdin thinks he lost Jasmine and then she says “Aladdin” and he runs to her. And also for when Genie tricks Aladdin into realizing he’s making things worse by blaming himself for everything. Also when Aladdin goes YOU DID WHAT

Anyways I guess I should watch the episode instead of writing a synopsis...

Aladdin: (brushing dust off the chest) It says something about spice, Genie. Magic spice.
... Sooo you can read it, but you decide to not read it. This will probably not end badly.

When Jasmine leaves him hangin haha

How’d they rope Genie into this scheme?

I just realized that Jasmine started saying the necklace is not a wedding present, when (UNBEKNOWNST TO HER) that literally is what it is.

OH no. I had a fanfic that was similar to some of this, and I never realized it until now.

Genie: Gets you to the airport hundreds of years before check-in!
I just noticed this joke Laughing

The sultan really doesn’t catch on to these "fake Agrabanian custom" rouses does he

Aladdin: (handing Genie the chest) Genie, make sure this is buried someplace no one will ever find it.
Me: cringing. Yeahhh remember the last time you trusted Genie to do this?

Actually, a chunk of this ends like 1992. The palace returns to normal. Rajah returns to normal. The allies are freed. Genie hurls a trapped villain who tried to marry Jasmine into the distance.

Chronology: Somewhat early, since Aladdin hasn’t developed his healthy wariness for odd circumstances, is still getting Jasmine jewelry, and isn't quite ready to get married. It’s early enough that Jasmine says “ew”, okay early enough that the guards say “ew” too Laughing I’m gonna bite and also tongue-in-cheek agree that it’s before “Poor Iago” Laughing

Aladdin characters wielding musical instruments:

I'm counting it
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2020 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Hero With a Thousand Feathers

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I hardly remember this episode

Same

AladdinsGenie wrote:
I like that they felt the need to add an audio track of a rooster crowing in the background to let us know it's morning now cause we wouldn't have figured that out by the sun rising

Am I the only one here who makes a rooster noise after every listening of "One Jump Ahead Reprise"? Laughing

AladdinsGenie wrote:
"Sure hope we never have to count on him in a tight spot" - so this is early enough in the timeline for Iago to have not saved the day as far as they're aware of

But apparently not too soon after RoJ, because we are all forgetting about how he literally saved the day.

---------------------

Regarding Fasir's chronology, I feel like Iago might recognize him but is being snarky. I think this is post-Do the Rat Thing and post The Prophet Motive. Iago-wise... early?

Fasir: In the other, you are destroyed by the beast and banished to the realm of perpetual torment!
Anyone here grow up with VeggieTales?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSpudzk3y2E&t=0m24s

Moooore trade route stuff.

I don't remember this villain at all.

I legit just spaced out for like a whole 2 minutes because I’m STILL thinking about Jasmine staying up for 6 weeks.

Amok Mon Ra is voiced by Tim Curry! Huh. And his villains fandom wiki has a section for his hobbies: Laughing

Enslaving humanity
Pointing at things and glaring
Embracing darkness
Emerging only at night
Embracing fire
Loving fireworks
Loves having tributes including sacrifices paid onto him alone
Indulging in the suffering of others
Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Witch Way Did She Go

That awkward moment when you just need some salt, but all you got is newt, virgin blood, and griffin talon.

There was such a shortage of 90's heroines who weren't petty towards other women. This friendship is really refreshing, and I kinda wish we got more of it.

Jasmine: Come on, let’s have dinner at the palace. Rajah would enjoy the company.
Eat your heart out, Carole Baskin Laughing

Oh shoot Cloris Leachman voiced Shakata. The others are voiced by Tress MacNeille, who voiced Dot from Animaniacs, Babs Bunny, and Daisy Duck.

I'm getting some serious Sanderson sisters vibes from these 3... OMG... SANDerson. Exclamation Laughing

This giant snake sequence is quite reminiscent of 1992...

Sadira: He picks his teeth? Ew! I can’t believe I had a crush on him!
Me: *shrugs* Not stopping me

"Fools! You think you can defeat ___________ " Rolling Eyes

Omg im gonna need an mp3 of genie singing the Blue Danube for my new ringtone

But wait... Are you telling me Genie can undo all of this sand magic architecture? Or is he just like shoving it back into the earth?

This episode is so full of tropes that I hate, and Aladdin and Genie are both unforgivable dicks. I wish the writing were better because I don't hate the general idea?

Chronology: Definitely last Sadira ep, apparently before Genie realizes he can produce water, and I'm gonna say early Aladdin because damn

Another Genie conducting ep!

Magic Carpet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re: Sea No Evil

AladdinsGenie wrote:
You know, I don't remember this episode and I thought from the title it would be another Saleen episode but figured it wouldn't be once we got the opening narration, so color me confused when Ayam showed up instead.

Same, on all accounts!!

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Why can Ayam control sea creatures? Wouldn't it make more sense for him to control the bones of the dead eels?

So many things in this ep don't make sense.

AladdinsGenie wrote:
Why is Ayam a multi-episode villain? He really should have just stayed in The Spice Is Right and never come out.

This episode felt like it was going somewhere epic and then it didn't

Agreed again, on all accounts.

-----------------------------------------

Welcome to my live notes

Is this the one where Aladdin turns into a shark?

That one drawing is straight up evil Genie

I don’t remember this intro AT. ALL.

Aladdin? Tired of treasure hunts? Is this informing the chronology?

What. That figure raising out of the ocean. That's not Saleen. I don’t remember this.

IT’S THE HASH-SLINGING SLASHER

Did we already watch the one where Aladdin turns into a shark? Wow. I think we did.

Yo this skeleton messenger is kinda legitimately creepy.

Oh yeah the shark one is "Shark Treatment." We totally watched that one already.

Kinda telling that Aladdin is both a) not freaked out by this and b) immediately believes that this is legit.

“uhhh blh bleh-keep it”
LaughingLaughingLaughingLaughingLaughing

They had to go through all of that to get Aladdin to blow into a conch just to part the waters? Shoulda just tried yelling "Open Sesame" Laughing

Okay this whole sequence with the fish and water walls is pretty cool

I also still don’t remember this episode one bit.

Okay the eel graveyard is kinda random, but kinda cool, but also none of them are buried? Do eels just chuck their bodies there? Is that what they do with their dead?

Ayam Aghoul has a third episode? haha. Okay I’ve officially never seen this episode. I really thought I went through all of them in college. Must've been drunk for this one Laughing

Did the ep ever actually explain what that skeleton messenger in the beginning was?

Aladdin Characters Playing Musical Instruments Collection

I'M COUNTING IT

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meesh wrote:
Amok Mon Ra is voiced by Tim Curry! Huh. And his villains fandom wiki has a section for his hobbies: Laughing
[...]
Embracing darkness
[...]

Oh, so when he does it it's a hobby, but when I do it I'm being an edgelord. I see how it is Laughing

Meesh wrote:
I'm getting some serious Sanderson sisters vibes from these 3... OMG... SANDerson. Exclamation Laughing

.............I cannot believe I never realized this pun.

I keep meaning to do a final write-up for this rewatch but I'm so tired from work all the time Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Aladdin Central Messageboard Forum Index -> Aladdin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Page 23 of 26

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum